Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Game Awards 2019

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I cant believe the show's last trailer was arguably the least impressive on the show. F&F: Crossroads looked impressively like a last gen game on a show that showed the new Xbox. The animation when the character was on the car was like something from a Telltale game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,918 ✭✭✭nix

ERG89 wrote: »
    I cant believe the show's last trailer was arguably the least impressive on the show. F&F: Crossroads looked impressively like a last gen game on a show that showed the new Xbox. The animation when the character was on the car was like something from a Telltale game.

Yeah i felt all the trailers were pretty crappy, i called it a night after the apex legends christmas one, that was the final straw. Last years game awards was far better, loads of surprises, this year, nada..

Some cool games revealed but nothing mega.. The only one i can remember liking the look of was that Western horror ARPG..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,748 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I’d love to see this award show move away from the overt advertising: think it’d be a big step in making the actual awards seem more prestigious rather than a weird afterthought to the ‘world premieres’ or whatever.

That said, very pleased to see Disco Elysium do so well against some much bigger names: little bit of hope that the really great and unusual indie games can push through even in the most mainstream of awards. Hopefully encourages a few more people to check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Not sure what surprise reveals ppl were expecting. We have a good idea of everything on the horizon for this gen already, and we were never in store for a load of next gen reveals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,909 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

goon_magee wrote: »
    Not sure what surprise reveals ppl were expecting. We have a good idea of everything on the horizon for this gen already, and we were never in store for a load of next gen reveals.

Mass effect trilogy remaster, Mafia remaster, Tony hawk's remaster :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

goon_magee wrote: »

Elden Ring release date.
    New Batman Arkham game.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭hellsing101

Zero-Cool wrote: »

I would be down for a Tony Hawk remaster, or better yet a new Skate.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

EA won't remaster Mass Effect although the window is closing on a remake feeling dated as the last (good) ME was made in 2012.
    I expected a new Batman as they were nuts to tease it so blatantly a few months ago. Maybe they will push it to launch on PS5 & XSX but I expect it's been in development a few years now so it's unlikely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Crash Team Racing winning that is insane. The game has so many problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,309 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was Surgeon Simulator 2 already announced?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,305 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Disappointed Control only got 1 award, but I have just finished it so I think it deserves all the awards right now! I do also notice the lack of Outer Wilds in there too, shame. Delighted for Beat Saber again! Albeit then subsequently disappointed by a Greenday pack release...

I don't tune into this stuff, but looks like I didn't miss much.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Yeah fair point, what I'd give for a Tony Hawk package containing remakes of all the levels from 1, 2 and 3. A new game would be even better if handled right and not just a cobbled together cash grab like 5 was.

There was Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD in 2012 but the little memory I have of it isn't good. I think it was basically 7 levels taken from the first two games but it just didn't feel the same.

THPS 3 was always my favourite as it it was the first one I played and I loved the music in it.

Advertisement