Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Devil May Cry 5

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Glad I didn't play the PAL version then. Now if only there was an english language & NTSC version of Shinobido :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Nico is a stone cold fox.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Nico is a stone cold fox.

More like a weird gun nerd, also possibly bisexual, mostly just super fun though.
    I'd have a few beers with her.

If anything happens her, so help me god i will smash this controller.

Kyrie should've gone more screentime. All we get is her voice from the kitchen and a phone call. She's much nicer than Nico trailer girl :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I've been playing this recently and finished mission 5. It'a alright... remember the first 4 games being better. Not that this is bad. Just missing something...?

Am I crazy? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I've been playing this recently and finished mission 5. It'a alright... remember the first 4 games being better. Not that this is bad. Just missing something...?

I finished it about a week ago, I thought it was only fair as well, the levels were very linear, and then it all wrapped up quickly. I didnt like the controls much either, In many ways DmC was superior imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

Nero rescues the game for me, easily my favourite controlling character in gaming. WRT controls, it's a thing you can get used to. The whole thing where every attack is context sensitive on your character's orientation can be tough but I think it's the only way they can squeeze so many skills onto a controller.

DmC is probably better overall as a sort of more balanced action game and how it matches the style of the characters with levels that actually look interesting and a plot that tries to toe the line between edgy and stupid (but in a fun way). But it could never give me the hours of playtime that 5 does when it comes to experimenting with different fighting styles. Though I wouldn't say no to a sequel tbh (reboot Dante would need to get Nero's sword for me to be happy about it though...)

Been doing no damage runs against my favourite bosses (spoilers)

This is probably still my goty tbh. Just wish it had more content

I played and finished this game in one day. Maybe the harder difficulties are a bonus for some people but I see it as treading old ground.

The last 2 fights were cheap too. Thank god I had about 20 yellow diamonds.

remember the first 4 games being better
    Love the way you don't even recognise the reboot as part of the series :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,147 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Nope, think it’s a pretty underwhelming game myself - just sort of lost interest a few chapters towards the end due to the insipid level design.

I have no doubt there are mechanical depths there for those who take the time, and it’s not a ‘bad’ game. This just didn’t really have much to offer me, and I’d rather replay Bayonetta than dig into this.

Love the way you don't even recognise the reboot as part of the series :D

Could just as easily be 'forgetting' DMC2 tbh :pac:

Finally finished bloody palace as V. I did some save scumming before every boss fight :pac: Did need to restore saves a couple of time. The agile Urizen fight is insane - definitely my personal hardest boss. It's on the uninstall queue now. I've still got some things to do with achievements and getting the last bar of health/DT but I probably won't bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

We got 10 seconds of Vergil gameplay, lol

I'm not very hyped for SE. It's not coming to PC cause of ray tracing for some weird reason and a lot of the turbo stuff is easily achievable with mods anyway.

The thing that could change it is if 5's version of Vergil is absolutely insane but to date the best version of Vergil gameplay we've got has been from DmC of all things. Even the 4SE version is just a spammy powerhouse where you can mash buttons.

Bit of a cynical hot take but whatever, I was mainly hoping they would implement co-op in SE. I don't care much about Vergil.

I was playing it from a shared steam library so I was definitely going to pick up the Special Edition if it included all the DLC and features they shown. But they've decided to favor consoles despite the PC players being the main community for the game since 4's PC version, with combo videos, all the biggest DMC content creators being on PC, modding etc. CAPCOM completely blew it again.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Capcom likely looked at the number and said the return on investment for implementing the additional game modes and RT on PC just wasn't worth it.

Oh well I got my worth out of the game long ago anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,293 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I've read the raytracing on console will be limited too, only on 1080p, drops to 30fps, not available in Turbo or Legendary Dark Knight modes.

I'm not that fussed about that aspect of it anyway. Playable Vergil is all I'm interested in. Hoping he's playable in all levels like with DMC4:SE, rather than just swapping out for V in his levels.

The argument I'd heard is that hardware Ray Tracing on consoles is a little different to PC owing to it being AMD v Nvidia. I'm not sure if that's really the case but it makes me expect that Resident Evil will see the same thing where a new version comes to consoles and PC doesn't get it.

Which would be a shame cause that game would actually benefit from RT at least to fix the terrible screen space reflections which almost look like a glitch.

RT getting in the way of SE not coming to PC is awful. Graphical upgrade are not what I like about SEs. Would be a nice-to-have for later if I upgrade though but still mad.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

It is odd that the PC version is getting Vergil but not the other game modes.
    I know if there is a market for Vergil, why not the other games modes as well?

Azza wrote: »
    It is odd that the PC version is getting Vergil but not the other game modes.
    I know if there is a market for Vergil, why not the other games modes as well?

I almost wonder if it's an optimality thing. That the minimum specs for the normal game wouldn't work for the increased speed or no. of enemies in the new modes. Same reason they're not coming to the PS4/XB1 versions. But not a PC gamer so I don't know what usually happens in that scenario.

Penn wrote: »
    But not a PC gamer so I don't know what usually happens in that scenario.
    DMC3SE on console (6th gen) it was new character, turbo and some other miscellaneous content like a boss and costumes. Released to newer gen consoles and PC via some bad PC ports and HD collections.

DMC4 it was the PC release that brought back turbo and added the new LDK mode, 8th gen got those features too later on.
    In all cases the Special Editions are released as a new product, not DLC, and has been available for purchase as their own release on all platforms eventually.

This will be the first to have a character as DLC outright to the original release and for consoles (9th gen) to be getting new features that originally PC was spearheading. You can compare requirements between DMC4 PC vs DMC4SE PC
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/45700/Devil_May_Cry_4/
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/329050/Devil_May_Cry_4_Special_Edition/

DMC3 on console (6th gen) it was new character, turbo and some other miscellaneous content like a boss and costumes. Released to newer gen consoles and PC via some bad PC ports and HD collections.

DMC4 it was the PC release that brought back turbo and added the new LDK mode, 8th gen got those features too later on.
    In all cases the Special Editions are released as a new product, not DLC, and has been available for purchase as their own release on all platforms eventually.

This will be the first to have a character as DLC outright to the original release and for consoles (9th gen) to be getting new features that originally PC was spearheading.

I meant what happens to PC games in general (rather than the DMC games) if DLC contains things which the minimum specs of the game at the time of release aren't capable of handling? Is it just normally a case of "These are the new increased minimum specs required for the game & DLC"? What do people who only met the minimum specs for the base game do if they can't meet the minimum specs for the DLC?

Again, asking out of ignorance because I don't know. I'm just putting it forward as a possible theory as to why they may not want the hassle of including turbo/LDK modes for the PC version.

I get your point about the specs difference between DMC4 and DMC4:SE, but that wasn't a DLC, it was an updated version of the same game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Because it's a PC game you can turn the settings down.

It's really not an excuse considering how scalable the engine is and options available to pc users.

Honestly don't see the reason to not release the new version for 40 euro.

Special edition is out, I still have to wait for PC DLC tho :(

There's some actual good Vergil gameplay out now that it's in expert player hands

Very similar to DMC4, he's got a staccato rhythm where it's all sudden bursts of high damage attacks. A bit too powerful compared to the other characters though I think, I've never seen this boss deleted this fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭brady12

Over half way through this . I don't like fighting games and not biggest fan of hack and slash games either . I had to push myself to finish Bayonetta 3. I remember loving Devil may cry 4 back on ps3 alright . Playing 5 on ps5 and my god I think it's unreal . Playing as Dante has to be peak video games . Weapons/abilities just keep getting and better . Might actually give street fighter 6 a go after I heard some the team off this working on that .

Yeah Dante's arsenal in this game is superb. I didn't really gel with Nero's devil breaker arms, and V's combat is actually a bit button-mashy while you keep V himself out of harms way. Dante's arsenal and combat though is just terrific.

The only thing I didn't really like about DMCV was the playable character constantly changing between missions. Felt like you were constantly having to change styles and rhythms.

I loved DMCV though. It was well worth the wait and delighted it did well. Fingers crossed for a DMC6!

Advertisement