Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PPC 1 2020

Options
  • 01-05-2020 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi everyone,

It seems that every year there's a thread for the upcoming class of PPC1 students, so I thought I'd get the ball rolling here. I finished my 8 FE1s back in October and have my application in already if that's of any help to ye.

Anyone out there receive an acceptance letter/consent letter for PPC1?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 wallace123

Hey Ronan, I hope you are keeping well during these challenging times. Thanks for setting up this thread! I am delighted to have finished all 8 FE1's as of the results this morning. Has anyone heard whether PPC1 is scheduled to go ahead as normal in September or will it be online? I'm especially interested as I'm currently living in London, and apprehensive about when to move/leave my current job.

Any tips or what to expect from those who have done PPC1 would be incredibly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ronan.albert

Hi Wallace congrats on the results! It's some feeling to have them passed. I'm none the wiser on the subject of arrangements for PPC 1 but am anxious to know as well cos I'm based outside of Dublin. My guess is that they'll see what the universities are doing and fall in line. I know PPC 2 is currently being run online. One thing I can say with certainty is they won't cancel it. The LS will want their fees haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 lilyc223

Hi everyone,

It seems that every year there's a thread for the upcoming class of PPC1 students, so I thought I'd get the ball rolling here. I finished my 8 FE1s back in October and have my application in already if that's of any help to ye.

Anyone out there receive an acceptance letter/consent letter for PPC1?

You got yours in already!? God fair play to ya! I'm getting my stuff sorted now, just need my passport photo and waiting for the arrival of my character references! Once we get the acceptance letter are we g2g or only when we sign and send the indentures back?

lilyc223 wrote: »
    You got yours in already!? God fair play to ya! I'm getting my stuff sorted now, just need my passport photo and waiting for the arrival of my character references! Once we get the acceptance letter are we g2g or only when we sign and send the indentures back?

I'm not sure about the next step to be honest. I presume we are good to go when we get the acceptance letter. I asked them how long I can expect to wait now because of covid and they said about three weeks after submission.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 starfishxxo

All fe1s passed but my TC is due to commence in 2021 - I presume I don't have to do anything until instructed by my firm next year?

Also I was wondering how the virus restrictions may affect the 2021 intakes - have the 2020 intakes been delayed? Any advice/info would be much appreciated (obviously could contact my firm but I don't expect they'll be in a position to make any commitments!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 cowboy123456

anybody from dublin know what areas would be suitable to rent i.e. if not close to blackhall then along good transport routes? Aware its very early but just ooking to price places to get a ballpark figure of what i'd be paying?

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭vid36

I'm not sure about the next step to be honest. I presume we are good to go when we get the acceptance letter. I asked them how long I can expect to wait now because of covid and they said about three weeks after submission.
    You have to pay the fees and send back the indentures before you are enrolled.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭LawGirl3434

Hi all,

Anyone still waiting on their PPC pack to be sent out by their firm? Feel like Matheson are the only ones who haven't and getting a bit frustrated :(

Hi all,

Anyone still waiting on their PPC pack to be sent out by their firm? Feel like Matheson are the only ones who haven't and getting a bit frustrated :(

Relieved to see this, was starting to worry maybe they might have just missed me or it had gotten lost in the post. Hoping it arrives this week as there seems to be a good bit involved in filling them out.

aware this is definitely one of the stupider questions I've asked but have we to convert the ppc forms from pdf into a word doc and then fill in? or is it sufficient to just fill it all in in pen. Just spotted the forms says "delete if not applicable" on certain parts but it seems daft to go editing and filling in details in word doc.

• Advertisement

I did it all in pen and they accepted it.

I did it all in pen and they accepted it.

How long did they take to get back to you?

lilyc223 wrote: »
    How long did they take to get back to you?

About a week. They'll send a consent to enter indentures to you and your firm. You get the indentures signed and witnessed. They allowed me send them a scan of the indentures but asked me to send the original back by post when I can. They got back to me then straight away saying they've sent the indentures to be registered.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Blue_pens17

Has anyone heard more of PPC1 for 2020 going online? I know there was talk for awhile but it seems unfair to have trainees looking to rent in Dublin if the course will be remote.

Has anyone heard anything about the PPC start date? Ipad selection is usually early July so starting to get nervous that they will push it! Surely it's the next thing on their agenda now that Tort and EU have been rescheduled :/

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭rightytighty

Does anyone know what the workload is like for blackhall, and how many hours there are roughly? And are the PPCI exams in March? I’m not training until 2021 so hopefully things will run then as they normally would, just trying to get an idea of what to expect!

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭vid36

I think it will be a blended course, cannot see hundreds of students having lecturers in Blackhall this September.

Hi everyone, I hope you are keeping safe and well. Just as an FYI, I emailed the trainee section of the Law Society yesterday to enquire about whether PPC1 would go virtual and they replied saying they haven't made a decision yet and to keep an eye on the website. My training firm hasn't responded either about my PPC1 application so starting to worry since I'm moving from abroad. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Gomzu

Just filling out the application pack now and I'm wondering- should internships/unpaid work and part-time jobs be included in the employment record? Probably a stupid question, but I'm not sure!

Have many people heard back from there respective firms about there TC going ahead and/or have they been in contact regarding the PPC1 application? Thank you :)

• Advertisement

wallace123 wrote: »
    Have many people heard back from there respective firms about there TC going ahead and/or have they been in contact regarding the PPC1 application? Thank you :)

I think most if not all of the big firms' internal deadlines to get the pack sent back to HR has already passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭lawlad101

wallace123 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I hope you are keeping safe and well. Just as an FYI, I emailed the trainee section of the Law Society yesterday to enquire about whether PPC1 would go virtual and they replied saying they haven't made a decision yet and to keep an eye on the website. My training firm hasn't responded either about my PPC1 application so starting to worry since I'm moving from abroad. Thanks!

Interesting, I had emailed them last week and they said that they hope to have the PPC1 running normally as it falls under the government's 'Phase 5' reopening.

Hopefully they let us know soon, I mean its kind of important :pac::pac:

!!!

Latest news on 2020 PPC I
    The 2020 PPC I will start on 8 September 2020 and will be delivered online through a combination of recorded and live streamed content. There will be times during PPC I when trainees are invited on-site to Blackhall Place for registration, induction and small group learning sessions. These sessions will be run during the day and will adhere to social distancing regulations Mindful that many trainees may be traveling from outside of Dublin; advance notice for such sessions will be provided. Any trainees that are immunocompromised and not in a position to attend will not be expected to do so.

https://www.lawsociety.ie/Trainees/PPC-Courses/

• Registered Users Posts: 46 FE!student

If PPC1 will be mainly online, do you think that trainees will be expected to work for their firm during PPC1?

FE!student wrote: »
    If PPC1 will be mainly online, do you think that trainees will be expected to work for their firm during PPC1?

It probably depends on the firm. It looks like it will still be a full-time course different from the Hybrid one for people working.

Hi, was just wondering if anybody has managed to get a letter from the law society saying that they have completed the FE1s? Emailed a couple of times and was just told I will receive it in due course

Hi, was just wondering if anybody has managed to get a letter from the law society saying that they have completed the FE1s? Emailed a couple of times and was just told I will receive it in due course

When I passed my last FE1s in the results letter they said something like "You are now deemed to have passed the Final Examination First Part". I submitted this and it was accepted as proof. Have a look at your most recent results letter and it should say this.

When I passed my last FE1s in the results letter they said something like "You are now deemed to have passed the Final Examination First Part". I submitted this and it was accepted as proof. Have a look at your most recent results letter and it should say this.

cheers, I only passed in the most recent sitting so didn't receive a results letter. I got through on the phone yesterday and they said they were having IT issues and would be sending letters as soon as they got it sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Galmay95

Has anyone received any email from Blackhall regarding their application being accepted?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 S.CurKing

Hi there, just wondering if anyone received a receipt once they paid the course fees?

Advertisement