Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

€300-400 Budget

• 11-02-2020 10:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭

Looking for a phone for my mother, she currently uses a Vodafone own brand one that's about 3yrs old and run its course.

She just needs something with large storage for photos, she loves taking pictures (all the time!), after that she just really wants it for a banking app, Facebook, WhatsApp etc.

A good camera probably a plus, but one with minimal work to use, her own takes routinely blurred photos, it's focus isn't good and slow to take.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭The Mighty Quinn

Thanks Skippy.

If buying on foreign websites, what do I need to look out for to ensure it will work for Vodafone Ireland?

Is it just unlocked I look for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

The Mi 10 is about to come out, likely above budget tho. Mi Note 10 looks to be a great phone and doesn't have the gimmicky pop us camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

Thanks Skippy.

If buying on foreign websites, what do I need to look out for to ensure it will work for Vodafone Ireland?

Is it just unlocked I look for?

A number of people have bought from Honour buy... Seems the most popular... If buying click on EU warehouse and DHL delivery and you'll be good to go should have in a few days.. You'll get a tracking number number from them

All the phones are unlocked to any network

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭corks finest

The Mi 10 is about to come out, likely above budget tho. Mi Note 10 looks to be a great phone and doesn't have the gimmicky pop us camera.

I can vouch for the mi note 10, steady, amoled,good camera, didn't like it at first- wanted bigger but now thinking it's one of the better ones around for the price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,331 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

She doesn't need large storage she needs to set Google photos to back up constantly and use the free up space option on the Google photos app to free up memory on her phone. Make sure she has plenty of data on her plan.
    Look at picking her up a Google Pixel 3a

Advertisement