Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tesco Mobile phones

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

Was on the Curragh myself and had no issues today. Unusual that 3 phones would have issues alright. Did you reboot the phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

Howdy.

Yeah, took the batteries out of all three, removed & re-entered the sims and still no bars. First time it's happened, and , like I say, all were fully operational on saturday, but have been without signal all day today.

Howdy.

Yeah, took the batteries out of all three, removed & re-entered the sims and still no bars. First time it's happened, and , like I say, all were fully operational on saturday, but have been without signal all day today.

PM me you numbers and I will check the accounts thanks Paul

There is an O2 2G site outage in the Curragh at the moment that must be affecting you Bondvillain. Your O2 phones are likely 3G as is my Tesco Mobile hence not affected.

I will track the status of the site for you.

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Hi paul just a quick question here are Tesco Mobile bringing in webtext service in the summer or anytime after would be a very nice extra to have :)

Also i've been locked out of my online Tesco Mobile account basically 2years now how would i go about getting access to my account again?

I can't remember my user name password or anything for is it there anything i can do? I want to add my laser card to my account online and also use the other online features also .

Hi Jay,

Yes ring care on 1749 or 0894200000 and they can reset for you.

Yes I am reviewing the Webtext solution options at the moment. Plan to get it out there ASAP

Cheers
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

looks like a great new offer by tesco,

the only things that stopping me is the lack of webtexts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Especially with the recession biting deep now I bet O2 are regretting the deal they did with Tesco. Wonder how long this contract lasts between them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Great service. Since moving to the US about five weeks ago, have been contacted almost daily by friends on 089. Deadly! For $0.02 per minute AT&T landlines reciprocate with 1k minutes per month. This also is to landlines or any mobile. Leaving home was never so easy :).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 Kerryspirit

HI can anyone tell me if my tescomobile sim works with an O2 locked phone?

No it won't we are different networks and SIMs. You would need to have it unlocked.

Regards
    Paul

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Generally no, but their will always be one or two that wont have a lock in place.

What phone are you looking to use it with?
    Have you asked o2 for the unlock code?

i am on pay as you go tesco mobile and i am looking to buy on ebay a new o2 locked htc rhyme... could that work? does tesco mobile not work together with o2?

does o2 just give you like that the unlock code? otherwise youtube shows how to do it ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

i am on pay as you go tesco mobile and i am looking to buy on ebay a new o2 locked htc rhyme... could that work? does tesco mobile not work together with o2?

They use the o2 infrastructure so they dont have to build there own, aprt fro that they are separate. o2 wont give you the code, unless you have purchase the phone from them and used €150 on credit. You can just get the phone unlocked yourself ofcourse

• Advertisement

is that secure to do it like they show on youtube? ;-)
    And some shops do that - what about the branding...do they have an O2 branding then or is that removed then as well if you unlock it?

Advertisement