Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dr Martens Sale

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,855 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

i had forgotten to add a Parcel Motel code to my parcel motel address, and they rang and said they wouldn't deliver to "post offices etc" - I said this is not a PO Box, just an address and a reference so they relented but said it might not get delivered...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,796 ✭✭✭ablelocks

for anyone looking for the standard, non-fugly, docs, which rarely go on sale, schuh.ie have 20% of everything (full-price, doesn't apply to stuff already on sale) using code TREAT20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

ablelocks wrote: »
    for anyone looking for the standard, non-fugly, docs, which rarely go on sale, schuh.ie have 20% of everything (full-price, doesn't apply to stuff already on sale) using code TREAT20

cheers for that. Just bought a pair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Got excited until I saw my only choices:

25150001.87.jpg?$medium$

95197009.82.jpg?$medium$

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

I didn't realise how expensive regular Docs had become....holy cr@p!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 whodini

Remember when they were £30 from Auntie Peggy at the back of the Ilac?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

blastman wrote: »

I was expecting to see £80 for the classic 1461 shoes, but £120!!, that's seriously crazy expensive.

I was in the shoe trade many years ago and these were £30 (punt). The classic 8 eye boot was £40.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Peter File

blastman wrote: »

A private equity company controls them and have substantially increased prices over the last few years. It is very hard to get Docs at regular prices anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭Gerard93

With any reasonable amount of care you will get years from them, but still mad expensive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭_John C

Cant believe how expensive they are. They must be popular again. Bought a pair of the 1460 boots from Amazon in 2017, cost me €79. Looks like I've bought my last pair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭McSween

_John C wrote: »
    Cant believe how expensive they are. They must be popular again. Bought a pair of the 1460 boots from Amazon in 2017, cost me €79. Looks like I've bought my last pair.

I got last pair for £86 on amazon, which is fair. Some obscene prices out there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

whodini wrote: »
    Me too...... Really showing our age!!!! ðŸ˜

got my 2 pairs today, €50 each great value model 24569201

thanks op.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

Or McCarthy's down the coal quay in cork (also showing my age)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

That "sale" is only on the ganky stuff that no one with even a bit of taste would wear (Doc sandals!). For 99% of people Docs are the classic shoe and boot styles not clown wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Interrobang

whodini wrote: »

Yep. Wow... that takes me back...

That "sale" is only on the ganky stuff that no one with even a bit of taste would wear (Doc sandals!). For 99% of people Docs are the classic shoe and boot styles not clown wear.

Ahh here, they are not all that bad.

Here are the ones I ordered, ok maybe won't win a beauty contest, but nice solid shoes...

510196.png

Advertisement