Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

De'Longhi Magnifica Bean to Cup Espresso/Cappuccino Maker £199

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

^^^
    Indeed, thanks for the link. Reserved yesterday and collected this morning, my old machine was giving up the ghost.
    Good deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Oh god I reserved it 🙈. Bargain alerts strikes again. I’m coming from a nespresso machine that is giving up the ghost. I’m a milky coffee drinker but have a separate milk frother anyways.

Now to figure out beans 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Niveus Tauri

damm it , was waiting nearly 3 weeks for amazon to deliver mine for circa 200 yoyos , spent hours with amazons customer service , and now Argos is selling almost same for 113 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

Bought one in Argos on Christmas eve for 220!
    Thinking of returning it for a refund and buying another for 113.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

Spipov wrote: »
    Any reviews compared to the 4200? Cant find any online. Its a newish machine i think

i bought mine for 250 last year. Love it. easy to use and maintain, my only complaint is the coffee could be a touch hotter but i suppose its ready to drink straight away. would highly recommend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭A Law

Bought one in Argos on Christmas eve for 220!
    Thinking of returning it for a refund and buying another for 113.

Just buy the new one and return the new one on the old receipt and get your 220 back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

bigneacy wrote: »
    i bought mine for 250 last year. Love it. easy to use and maintain, my only complaint is the coffee could be a touch hotter but i suppose its ready to drink straight away. would highly recommend.

you can change the coffee temperature - check the manual, takes about 10 seconds. Factory set at standard level 2 and you can go to level 4 (too hot imo) Level 3 is probably what you want

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Have a 4000 (€300) version for 18 months now and it is fantastic, I'd imagine this is very similar so people who are unsure I'd recommend buying it it's a fantastic deal at that price

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭the_pod

Some price for a bean to cup, thanks jayjbe. Have a saeco that's still running for now but it's had it's problems so I've reserved now for when it gives up

Just debating here, would it be worth spinning over to Argos to get one? I have one reserved but saying 30th and I’m off work here and a coffee might be nice plus it’s something to play with. Or is it likely they don’t have any in store

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

I have a really expensive Schaerer Bean to Cup machine but in my last house the water was from a well and the limescale was utterly insane, like you would not believe how bad it was. Whatever you are imagining, it is 10 times worse. It destroyed the brew group in my Schaerer due to overpressure as it was clogged and its going to be over €400 just to replace the brew group and have it serviced by Marcos in Sandyford.

So I decided to buy this Delonghi ESAM2800 today from Argos, at €113 its a ludicrous bargain!

Make sure you set the temp accordingly, I put it up to 4 and its probably a fraction too hot for coffee. Saw many people reviewing complaining about the temp being too cold and having to microwave their cup. Clearly they didnt bother to read the manual because its very easy to set.

I recommend that if you use the steam function to heat milk, that you buy a cleaning kit for the nozzle as hot milk is super sticky and near impossible to clean without something the right size. This kit which I previously bought to clean my Zojirushi Travel mug (best thing ever by the way!!!) is the absolute perfect fit to clean the steam wand. I bought it from Home Store & More for €3.99.

https://www.homestoreandmore.ie/baking-tools+utensils/tala-originals-nozzle-brushes/invt/063862

Here are a couple of photos and a half drunk cup of coffee! :D

26104723_10155962835903991_575058908_o.jpg

26142780_10155962835878991_1536944443_o.jpg

I have a really expensive Schaerer Bean to Cup machine but in my last house the water was from a well and the limescale was utterly insane, like you would not believe how bad it was. Whatever you are imagining, it is 10 times worse. It destroyed the brew group in my Schaerer due to overpressure as it was clogged and its going to be over €400 just to replace the brew group and have it serviced by Marcos in Sandyford.

So I decided to buy this Delonghi ESAM2800 today from Argos, at €113 its a ludicrous bargain!

Make sure you set the temp accordingly, I put it up to 4 and its probably a fraction too hot for coffee. Saw many people reviewing complaining about the temp being too cold and having to microwave their cup. Clearly they didnt bother to read the manual because its very easy to set.

I recommend that if you use the steam function to heat milk, that you buy a cleaning kit for the nozzle as hot milk is super sticky and near impossible to clean without something the right size. This kit which I previously bought to clean my Zojirushi Travel mug (best thing ever by the way!!!) is the absolute perfect fit to clean the steam wand. I bought it from Home Store & More for €3.99.

https://www.homestoreandmore.ie/baking-tools+utensils/tala-originals-nozzle-brushes/invt/063862

Here are a couple of photos and a half drunk cup of coffee! :D

26104723_10155962835903991_575058908_o.jpg

26142780_10155962835878991_1536944443_o.jpg

Tree terror did to go over to Argos? I’m not sure if it’s available to collect or if they are ordering in because my text says not available until 30th

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭JAMM222

Tree terror did to go over to Argos? I’m not sure if it’s available to collect or if they are ordering in because my text says not available until 30th

I went to Argos in Drogheda an hour ago and they didn't have any in stick said it will be Jan 2 so I reserved one

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Oh god I reserved it ��. Bargain alerts strikes again. I’m coming from a nespresso machine that is giving up the ghost. I’m a milky coffee drinker but have a separate milk frother anyways.

Now to figure out beans ����
    Ponaire are good for beans

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Vwsham

tw0nk wrote: »
    Thats a brilliant deal in argos, just reserved, thanks for posting!

I’ve one reserved now myself, anyone reckon the additional warranty is worth it? 3 years instant replacement for €27.99
    Any common faults on these?

JAMM222 wrote: »
    I went to Argos in Drogheda an hour ago and they didn't have any in stick said it will be Jan 2 so I reserved one

Thanks for that, didn't bother in the end. Might try in the west when I'm travelling tomorrow as its showing in stock

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

http://www.checkargos.com/product/9062135

1 in longford and 2 in galway you should reserve to be on the safe side

dingding wrote: »
    http://www.checkargos.com/product/9062135

1 in longford and 2 in galway you should reserve to be on the safe side

Actually missed out on Longford from the looks of it 😂

Have a reservation for Liffey valley so i’ll Just have to wait

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭codie

I got the last one in Tralee earlier today. When I took it out of the box to assemble I saw that it already had been used. Not happy at all. Somebody had already used it with grounded coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭bromley52

Am I correct in saying that the 2800 is only good for small coffees?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

codie wrote: »
    I got the last one in Tralee earlier today. When I took it out of the box to assemble I saw that it already had been used. Not happy at all. Somebody had already used it with grounded coffee.

Read the manual. Pretty sure they run beans through it before it leaves the factory to ensure it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭codie

brettmirl wrote: »
    Read the manual. Pretty sure they run beans through it before it leaves the factory to ensure it works.

Thanks, I didn't want to open the Manuel as I said I'd return it. But my 10 year old said the same. Going to open up manuel and have a read

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭bluelamp

brettmirl wrote: »

I've heard that too. You would often find residual water in a new machine too, left behind from testing.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭devil-80

Hi. Anybody have to wait about 6minutes when frothing milk and then switching for making coffe? also frothing know only works when it's twisted to max left? Delonghi 4200

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭DarkBlonde

devil-80 wrote: »
    Hi. Anybody have to wait about 6minutes when frothing milk and then switching for making coffe? also frothing know only works when it's twisted to max left? Delonghi 4200

It has to cool down after using the steam but a quicker way is to run hot water from the steam tap for a few seconds and then you can make coffee again.
    The frothing tap has to be twisted all the way to the left to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭devil-80

ok. so all seems to be fine. Which model is better then 2800 vs 4200?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Wayne Scales

I have a code for Stephens Green for collection tomorrow , PM me if interested

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Bargain_Hound

I have a code for Stephens Green for collection tomorrow , PM me if interested

Pm'd you a minute ago :)

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Wayne Scales

Pm'd you a minute ago :)

Just sent you the Code...G'Luck !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 lucasgbd

Just sent you the Code...G'Luck !

Hey man, just in case, if you won't collect it, please, send me the code and I will :) . Thank you

Advertisement