Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grass on Flower bed advice

Options
  • 28-05-2020 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am extremely new to gardening and know very little about it to be honest.

I have a flower bed with some nice flowers growing (planted by someone else) but in certain parts there is grass growing all around it. Is there a certain weedkiller that would target the grass or a certain method I could use kill off that grass and leave the plant intact?

I have attached some pictures. Appreciate any advice you can give.
    Thanks

Gard 1.jpg
    Gard 2.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

Pull what you can without disturbing the flowers, cut the rest to about an inch of the ground and use a paintbrush to paint on roundup to the cut grass, be careful, easy hit a flower plant but if you do can be cured by rapidly applying water to same plant.

One thing to watch for, roundup does not like working during a drought, watering 4 hours afterwards will be needed. Good luck with it and don't be hard on yourself if you make mistakes.

Apologies, I had not seen the pics...I would say painting roundup carefully onto the blades should do it, that type of infestation of grass is very difficult to deal with, I have one similar patch and I just pull as much as I can and tbh...ignore the rest.

Advertisement