Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Watch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

About to pick up space grey

• Registered Users Posts: 48 ludite

How much are they around? Is there much variation between shops?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

ludite wrote: »
    How much are they around? Is there much variation between shops?
    really depends on the model.

42mm sport series 3 is roughly €410~, like with all apple products - especially new ones - there's very little price variation to be had anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Ya-Boy-Ya

Mines arriving today....

Picked up space grey black band 42mm series 3 in iconnect in Liffey valley. €409

Before I open it up, did I make the right decision??:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,417 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

BobbyT28 wrote: »
    Picked up space grey black band 42mm series 3 in iconnect in Liffey valley. €409

Before I open it up, did I make the right decision??:D

Yes :)

Did everyone get Apple Care +? Is it worth it?

Absolutely , a fall of a foot or more will break the glass on the sport version.
    You cannot get it repaired anywhere so it has to go back to Apple who send you out another one at nearly the cost of a new one. For me getting the watch without AppleCare is life crazy.

Blazer wrote: »
    Absolutely , a fall of a foot or more will break the glass on the sport version.
    You cannot get it repaired anywhere so it has to go back to Apple who send you out another one at nearly the cost of a new one. For me getting the watch without AppleCare is life crazy.

Ok got the we watch and love it so far. So how long do I have until I can purchase apple care + ? Is it 60 days??

Ok got the we watch and love it so far. So how long do I have until I can purchase apple care + ? Is it 60 days??

I think it’s 60 for the phone anyway, probably same for the watch but i’d check to make sure
    60 days in the US but again check for Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,334 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

My watch arrived today but in work tonight so won't get to play with it properly till tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Ya-Boy-Ya

Watch arrived yesterday... absolutely love it... got the space grey compared to the gold last time and its CLASS !!

Rang up and got AppleCare today after reading here and agreeing it would be crazy not to follow it up with aftercare due to lack of places to fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭wush06

Quick question all, how did you find Siri on it and did you set it up English (Ireland) for voice and does it work ok.

wush06 wrote: »
    Quick question all, how did you find Siri on it and did you set it up English (Ireland) for voice and does it work ok.

Siri has been excellent on the watch since day 1. I had the original version and used to transcribe emails on my way home from work etc and it worked perfectly.
    Mine is set to Ireland and works perfectly.

Siri has been excellent on the watch since day 1. I had the original version and used to transcribe emails on my way home from work etc and it worked perfectly.
    Mine is set to Ireland and works perfectly.

yehh..I made 5000 thanks :) Thanks Bee..

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭JamBur

On holiday in Japan. Space grey with black straps for 279. Extra Apple strap and charger for about 70.

Series 3 38mm

Ordered the steel link bracelet (the 3rd party verison) and this charger which does phone/watch and also your airpods on the dock.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B072LVDT7Z/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Only problem with Irish Siri is the accent. Seriously it’s woeful. You also miss out on some features like Siri translation. Also the quality of the voice isn’t as good. Sounds much more like a robot than the new iOS 11 U.S. Siri

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭PaulT21

Ordered the steel link bracelet (the 3rd party verison) and this charger which does phone/watch and also your airpods on the dock.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B072LVDT7Z/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I havent gotten my Airpods yet but that mount for the Airpods seems to show a recess for something other than a Lightening Cable. Of course i am likely wrong. The stand looks great though!:):)

PaulT21 wrote: »
    I havent gotten my Airpods yet but that mount for the Airpods seems to show a recess for something other than a Lightening Cable. Of course i am likely wrong. The stand looks great though!:):)

It’s a recess that allows you to thread your own lightning cables through. None of these stands - or very few of them - come with integrated cars.

It’s a recess that allows you to thread your own lightning cables through. None of these stands - or very few of them - come with integrated cars.

I understand what you are saying but my point is that it doesnt seem that any lightening cable would fit in that recess as shown in the pictures. It just doesnt look right for a lightening cable:confused::confused:

• Advertisement

I understand what you are saying but my point is that it doesnt seem that any lightening cable would fit in that recess as shown in the pictures. It just doesnt look right for a lightening cable:confused::confused:

I know what you’re saying. At first I thought i just dropped the pods themselves in

I know what you’re saying. At first I thought i just dropped the pods themselves in

Its possible that there is some adaptor that you plug the cable into that's just not shown on the advert. Hopefully :)

Bought my Apple Watch series 3 42mm with grey band. Delivers on Thursday just in time for trip on Saturday

Bought my Apple Watch series 3 42mm with grey band. Delivers on Thursday just in time for trip on Saturday

Enjoy the watch and trip:) I have the Series 2 42mm but will stick with that until the Cellular Version gets supported here in Ireland. Sadly I think that will be quite some time:(

Its possible that there is some adaptor that you plug the cable into that's just not shown on the advert. Hopefully :)

yeah..will update once it arrives during the week.

Have that on order too. Looks lovely.

Anyone now when the new airpods (wireless charging) will be available. Iconnect had the original ones.

AW Series 3 space grey.

Anyone recommend a screen protector. Those who have had the watch for a while. Would you recommend a full watch cover or just a screen protector?

Anyone got something like this:
    Apple Watch 2 Case, [2 Pcs] Feskin Ultra Slim Lightweight Hard iPhone Watch Cases with Full Screen Protector Cover for iWatch Series 2 (42mm) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06XPQVYVK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_bGq0zb8WA4FXA

Would prefer just a screen protector but if the watch doesn't scratch easily I'm happy to just use a screen protector.

Don’t put one on. They’re awful on phones but needed if you have kids the watch doesn’t get scuffed as much as you’d think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

The cellular version could potentially make a great kids watch in the future at the right price for parents who want to keep in contact but don’t want kids to have a smartphone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭wush06

Hi can anybody tell me when I get a notification I don’t get image just circle with lines going through it. I have reset the watch from new and back up and still get no image when I get the notification.

Please see attached image this is just the small image taken from a screen shot but when the first notification comes from bbc news or Twitter it’s just a bigger circle with the lines going through it.

Advertisement