Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

japanese knotweed

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Pious14

I dont think this is JK but want to be certain before I go culling it. Any idea what it is?

Pious14 wrote: »
    I dont think this is JK but want to be certain before I go culling it. Any idea what it is?

That's an Ash tree sapling

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Pious14

That's an Ash tree sapling

Without derailing the tread. Have quite a few of these growing in my gravel path outside my house. Is it worth cutting the stem and planting in the garden or should I destroy for rush of spread

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Cutting the stem would kill them, if you want to transplant them dig up the roots with a ball of soil around them, but keep in mind that they become big trees and that their seeds spread and sprout like wildfire, so it depends on where your garden is and how big it is.

Advertisement