Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump discussion Thread IX (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Don't think their video of Trump saying the word "fight" is making the point they think.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,519 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

robinph wrote: »
    Don't think their video of Trump saying the word "fight" is making the point they think.

It's laughable. Threatening Republicans, lauding Giuliani and telling flat out lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,461 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Water John wrote: »
    That should be short viewing.

Short but not fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭wandererz

I count 6 people in the chain of the question cards at least.

How can this not be a vehicle for the spread of Covid.

wandererz wrote: »
    I count 6 people in the chain of the question cards at least.

How can this not be a vehicle for the spread of Covid.

The questions have started ? You’d assume that the staff of the senate have been vaccinated or tested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,551 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

The Q & A session is turning up some questions the defence is fielding and not replying-to: like when did Trump first learn in the white house of the break-in by his supporters AND what steps he actually took to end the violence.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,142 ✭✭✭✭Water John

aloyisious wrote: »
    The Q & A session is turning up some questions the defence is fielding and not replying-to: like when did Trump first learn in the white house of the break-in by his supporters AND what steps he actually took to end the violence.

Well the Dems sent it up a second time for the House Managers to give the real answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I watched a couple if questions.

My God it's interminable. Only part of the trial I've watched. You guys in here are doing the lord's work disseminating it.

Okay so the questions have started. There been wwe PPVs that lasted longer than the trump defence.

I watched a couple if questions.

My God it's interminable. Only part of the trial I've watched. You guys in here are doing the lord's work disseminating it.

I watched a bit of the house managers presentation over two days but by no means did I watch all of it. I’ve seen none of trumps defence team but seeing how they invoked Charlottesville I get the impression it made the late great Lionel hutz look competent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,113 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Lads does anyone have a link to the live stream please.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHdL3pDfrf0&ab_channel=C-SPAN

His defence has stated that Trump did not know that his V/P was in danger in the Capitol and stated that the trial was not about that issue.

mitt romney still going after trump

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I watched a bit of the house managers presentation over two days but by no means did I watch all of it. I’ve seen none of trumps defence team but seeing how they invoked Charlottesville I get the impression it made the late great Lionel hutz look competent.

Trumps team were asked a question from a Republican Senator.

'Does an elected official raising money for bail for a rioter lead to more rioting?

They had 5 minutes to answer.

Their answer was one word, 'Yes' and the yielded the rest of their time.

Lionel would have at least used it as an opportunity to highlight cases where Democrats had done that, which is what the question had implied.

His defence has stated that Trump did not know that his V/P was in danger in the Capitol and stated that the trial was not about that issue.

its not. the trial is did he incite a riot.

'A single article of impeachment charging Trump with "incitement of insurrection" against the U.S. government'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_impeachment_of_Donald_Trump

Jesus help us. The question was simple and trumps lawyer gave an answer that made no sense and didn’t answer the question at all.

Itssoeasy wrote: »

Going back to the very start of the defence team's presentation on Trumps behalf, the first day when they were introducing themselves to the senate, the gaps were visible. The first lawyer began by saying he was there for the prosecution, then corrected his error: which was caught on A/V camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,498 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Plasken and Castro are impeccable prosecutors.
    Romney, Murkowski and Collins are really turning the screw.

if anyone has the 20 mins, here is a very good video on it:

Going back to the very start of the defence team's presentation on Trumps behalf, the first day when they were introducing themselves to the senate, the gaps were visible. The first lawyer began by saying he was there for the prosecution, then corrected his error: which was caught on A/V camera.

During the constitutional debate ? I missed that. Yeah he rambled through a question about did the president know that his VP was in danger. He’d have been Better off reading out the back of a weetabix box. These lads are amateurs. Btw, I apologised for denigrating Lionel hutz aka Miguel Sanchez by even comparing him to this lot.

• Advertisement

It is a bit galling that from next week, Republicans will be crowing that Trump did nothing wrong, was tried and acquitted.
    The defence team will no doubt have a new front page on their respective websites and if there is even a hint of Justice Dept or Police investigating Trump further about this, they will say that double jeoprady exists.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,498 ✭✭✭✭banie01

It is a bit galling that from next week, Republicans will be crowing that Trump did nothing wrong, was tried and acquitted.
    The defence team will no doubt have a new front page on their respective websites and if there is even a hint of Justice Dept or Police investigating Trump further about this, they will say that double jeoprady exists.

There is no possibility of double jeopardy arising out of the impeachment afaik.

Double jeopardy only applies to criminal cases and the impeachment despite its pretensions of justice is solely a political trial.

He read a tweet from the ****ing president you eijit. This lad is spinning. He’s not answering the “question” he was asked btw.

What’s you man pointing at the camera for ? And then congressman raskin actually answered the question for josh hawley.

anyone know why the senators cant ask questions directly?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,149 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

'Is there a more pro Israel president than president trump?'

How in the holiest of fcuk is that a relevant question??

Defence lawyer getting ratty and personal with the manager team

• Registered Users Posts: 6,906 ✭✭✭circadian

I don't see how his views on Israel have anything to do with what he's on trial for.

What has Israel got to do with anything ?

• Advertisement

circadian wrote: »
    I don't see how his views on Israel have anything to do with what he's on trial for.

i mean there is only 1 question...did trump incite a riot.

how many irrelevant questions has there been?

Advertisement