Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving a tent in situ

Options
  • 13-07-2020 6:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

There must be a boom now as it seems people are spending money on good tents, and leaving them set up at a nice spot, coming back to them when they feel like camping.

There is a spot beside where I camp/go for a walk, and the same tents have been there for two weeks. The latest time I was camping the tents were there and nobody around.

Feel like setting up in them myself, give them a surprise if they turn up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭tphase

how do you know they are coming back to it? was there any gear left inside?
    could be as you say but could also be abandoned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Ultima Thule

tphase wrote: »
    how do you know they are coming back to it? was there any gear left inside?
    could be as you say but could also be abandoned

There were people there when I was camping, and again another day while walking. Then it was empty during my latest camp.

It's a decent spot. As well as taking up the space when not needed, it could draw attention to people camping there who use LNT.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

They could be homeless too. A lot of that going on at the moment in the greater Dublin area anyway.

Advertisement