Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

29-07-2020, 14:08   #1
RobAMerc

classic auto electrician (Dublin - ish )

folks - has anyone a recommendation for an Auto electrician in Dublin area ( although I might be willing to travel )

I have a 1990 XJ40 with some dodgy electrics ( doesn't everybody ) and the guy who looked at it for me already was left frustrated as he had no idea.

thanks
Advertisement
29-07-2020, 17:01   #2
unkel
Category Moderator

As a fellow (previous) owner of a vintage car with dodgy electrics, did you try clean the ground points?
29-07-2020, 17:18   #3
RobAMerc

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkel View Post
As a fellow (previous) owner of a vintage car with dodgy electrics, did you try clean the ground points?
Thanks Unkel but as an Australian friend of mine might say "I wouldn't have a didgeridoo what ground points even is !"

If you've ever seen the under dashboard of an XJ40 - you'd understand we are at the point where cars started to get real complicated - and sadly it also coincided with the middle of British build quality being utterly abysmal !

no less than 3 fuse boxes - seemingly hundreds of relays - dozens of "controllers" from the nose to the very tail

I think someone dropped their plate of spaghetti on the wiring diagram and they just built it
29-07-2020, 20:51   #4
Brian Scan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobAMerc View Post
Thanks Unkel but as an Australian friend of mine might say "I wouldn't have a didgeridoo what ground points even is !"

If you've ever seen the under dashboard of an XJ40 - you'd understand we are at the point where cars started to get real complicated - and sadly it also coincided with the middle of British build quality being utterly abysmal !

no less than 3 fuse boxes - seemingly hundreds of relays - dozens of "controllers" from the nose to the very tail

I think someone dropped their plate of spaghetti on the wiring diagram and they just built it
Hamilton's Auto Electrics, 6 Grantham Place, Camden Street, Dublin |  Phone: 01 4755157

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion