Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General TV/Movie/VideoGame Thread-Use Spoiler Tags for Spoilers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I'd be more interested in seeing what Marvel/Disney could do with Spidey if they ever got the rights to him back.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I'd be more interested in seeing what Marvel/Disney could do with Spidey if they ever got the rights to him back.

The recent Sony leaks had Marvel trying to get him into the next Captain America film but failing. The Marvel Fanboy in me would adore it.

Oh wow. I had forgotten (Spidey Spoilers)
    how ****ing brutal the ending was (not in a bad way, but in a hard-hitting way). The way Gwen bounces, that "Thud".....for a Hollywood blockbuster, it was a massive moment done really well imo...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,046 ✭✭✭✭cena

Lord TSC wrote: »
    The recent Sony leaks had Marvel trying to get him into the next Captain America film but failing. The Marvel Fanboy in me would adore it.

Oh wow. I had forgotten (Spidey Spoilers)
    how ****ing brutal the ending was (not in a bad way, but in a hard-hitting way). The way Gwen bounces, that "Thud".....for a Hollywood blockbuster, it was a massive moment done really well imo...
    I was upset Gwen was killed off. Really like Emma stone in the series. Real sexy in the blonde hair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Django Unchained is on RTÉ 1 there now lads. Jamie Foxx from Spider-Man plays the titular role.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,840 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

cena wrote: »
    I was upset Gwen was killed off. Really like Emma stone in the series. Real sexy in the blonde hair

This wasn't in a spoiler tag and now is, that movie was spoiled for someone as a result so please folks as the thread title says Use Spoiler tags for Spoilers like that one

• Advertisement

This wasn't in a spoiler tag and now is, that movie was spoiled for someone as a result so please folks as the thread title says Use Spoiler tags for Spoilers like that one

Can't do spoiler tags on the touch site of boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

cena wrote: »
    Can't do spoiler tags on the touch site of boards.

You shouldnt have posted at all then. It ruined the ending of the movie for me. I know you didnt mean it though but i was hoping to catch the film over the next month.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    You shouldnt have posted at all then. It ruined the ending of the movie for me. I know you didnt mean it though but i was hoping to catch the film over the next month.

My apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Yeah I don't get the hate for The Amazing Spiderman movies at all. I'm sure it'd be better in Marvel's hands but I still really enjoy them. If I only had 1 problem with the second one it's that I think it could have done with one more fight scene. Also this Spiderman was unfortunate as it came out right before X-Men & Guardians of the Galaxy which are both 10/10 films in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Uncle Walt

I'm firmly in the hating of the Amazing Spiderman 2 camp, awful awful movie, Easily one of the worst movies of 2014 along with Transformers 4.. Give me the Sam Raimi trilogy any day of the week.

• Advertisement

Also this Spiderman was unfortunate as it came out right before X-Men & Guardians of the Galaxy which are both 10/10 films in my opinion.

See, I think that's a big problem; compared to Marvel's films, it is a let down.

Have watched TASM2, X-Men, Captain America 2 and GOTG over the last week and Spidey really doesn't hold a torch to any of the other three.

For what it's worth, a second viewing reaffirmed my belief that GOTG was the best film I saw in 2014 :P Though Lego movie is set for tomorrow and that could shake things up again....

I finally just got around to watching Interstellar.. Wow its an absolute bag of meh.. It's by far Christopher Nolan's worst movie, and it ending its just ridiculous and incredibly pretentious .. .
    McConaughey going through a wormhole to end up time traveling to behind his Daughters bookcase whilst also giving her the info how to save to World by morse code through a wristwatch is beyond stupid in my opinion..

Can't say I disagree. I stand by my original thoughts; that Star Trek and Stargate had covered 99% of the stories before and did it better. It was a pretty film but not real the "mind blowing experience" that it was hyped up to be....

I usually do enjoy how Nolan wears his influences heavily on his sleeve for his movies.. Dark Knight/Heat or Inception/Bond but this felt like him trying to be Kubrick and making 2001 a little too much.. Also I usually love Hans Zimmers scores, but i hated the music in this..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,282 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

See, I think that's a big problem; compared to Marvel's films, it is a let down.

Have watched TASM2, X-Men, Captain America 2 and GOTG over the last week and Spidey really doesn't hold a torch to any of the other three.

For what it's worth, a second viewing reaffirmed my belief that GOTG was the best film I saw in 2014 :P Though Lego movie is set for tomorrow and that could shake things up again....

Well Lego Movie was, for lack of a better word, awesome. :-) Plus it also stars Star Lord.

I liked the 2 Amazing Spider-Man movies. I just agree with Spidey 3 being crap and X Men The Last Stand.

Funny thing about the comic movies is the number of ones made before that everyone didn't know about (or more likely chose to forget) like the early Spidey movies, Captain America, Justice League, Roger Corman's Fantastic 4, etc

Reb Brown will always be the best Captain America...

chipper19.jpg

Just watched the first episode of Star Wars Rebels.. The CGI Animated show on Disney.. It really is a great fun show, and the fact that its canon to the new movies makes it worth the watch alone..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,282 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah I watched the Clone Wars series and am up to date on Rebels. I'm not a hardcore Star Wars fan but they're really good.

Yeah Clone Wars was a fantastic show as well..

I finally got around to watching Its Always Sunny recently as well. I'd almost be inclined to say, Frank may quite possibly have taken the place of Kenny Powers as my all time favorite comedy character!

Mother******s over at digital spy with a bleeding Massive spoiler for Person of Interest on the front page :mad:

Just about to sit down and watch the new episode and BAM! Spoiled. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Birdman has fantastic acting and is shot in a very interesting way but for me it ends on the wrong scene.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,484 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The CW has renewed Arrow, The Flash and Supernatural for another season yay :)

Mother******s over at digital spy with a bleeding Massive spoiler for Person of Interest on the front page :mad:

I love this show. Really well made. Carter is hot.:-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Acht lousy. Have you watched it anyways? I saw it during the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Is anyone watching Haughey? It's the 2nd of three parts and I think it's been pretty good so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,156 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Is anyone watching Haughey? It's the 2nd of three parts and I think it's been pretty good so far.

It's been good fun so far aye.

Ageyev wrote: »
    Acht lousy. Have you watched it anyways? I saw it during the week.

Yeah, and just finished this weeks too.
    Found it a bit weird they followed up with a Control-centric episode this week, but at least we did get glimpses of their rampage. Also, the "Is Shaw still alive" story seems a bit weird too, given they spent last week publically saying she was gone. Still, some great moments; Root is brilliant and my love of Amy Acker will never die.

Really will say to anyone who hasn't watched or tried Person of Interest....do so. It's a fantastic show, a weird mix of "Cop show/story of the week" and "High Science Fiction without being overtly Science Fiction" that works on so many levels. The writing is brilliant, the casting is perfect with some fantastic characters and the story arcs are great too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,484 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

If anyone hasn't watched it yet, Gotham starts on RTE 2 on Monday 26th of January at 9pm

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    If anyone hasn't watched it yet, Gotham starts on RTE 2 on Monday 26th of January at 9pm

YES! Another amazing show. Penguin is awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Haven't seen it yet. Will series link :)

Thanks Liz :)

Advertisement