Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help with relationship of sorts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭wolf99

I didn't say I wasn't *supposed* to know her address, I was invited there a couple times, just never made it there. I just meant I had never specifically been told it by her. AFAIK it may be likely that it was expected that I did know it... Still creepy anyway though I guess! :rolleyes:

@FluffyAngel: Communication with the fairer sex, my eternal weakness. Im a very literal, very open and totally honest type - seems that doesn't really go hand-in-hand with today's dating scene. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭engol

Next time try not to think with your head and listen to your heart

I don't know what that means.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

wolf99 wrote: »
    I didn't say I wasn't *supposed* to know her address, I was invited there a couple times, just never made it there.

There's your problem Op. She was horny and you were lazy...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

kylith wrote: »
    Flowers for no reason > flowers because of obligation

If sitcoms have taught us anything it's that if a man buys flowers outside of socially established occasions he is alerting to you to the fact that he has done something terrible, usually had an affair. All flowers that are not occasion flowers are supposedly apology flowers.*

I saw this bar of choc, book,postcard,whatever and thought of you > flowers. Always.

* I don't personally believe this but as it's held true for so many of my favourite tv characters I feel obliged to mention it.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭engol

If sitcoms have taught us anything it's that if a man buys flowers outside of socially established occasions he is alerting to you to the fact that he has done something terrible, usually had an affair. All flowers that are not occasion flowers are supposedly apology flowers.*

I saw this bar of choc, book,postcard,whatever and thought of you > flowers. Always.

* I don't personally believe this but as it's held true for so many of my favourite tv characters I feel obliged to mention it.

I married a dutchman so I get flowers all the time. It's in their dna. Bonus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭cabla

Send the flowers and a few pictures of you photoshopped with your arm round her in various exotic locations around the world. I can't see how she'd say no to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

engol wrote: »
    I married a dutchman so I get flowers all the time. It's in their dna. Bonus.
    And I thought they were more into 'weeds'...

cabla wrote: »
    Send the flowers and a few pictures of you photoshopped with your arm round her in various exotic locations around the world. I can't see how she'd say no to that.

Ha ha, maybe some busty hula girls in grass skirts in the background with a "Wish you were here..." tagline? :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 127 ✭✭Buzz Meeks

How are you at circumventing modern household intruder alarm systems?

Buzz Meeks wrote: »
    How are you at circumventing modern household intruder alarm systems?

Actually I install house alarms for a living...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

@FluffyAngel: Communication with the fairer sex, my eternal weakness. Im a very literal, very open and totally honest type - seems that doesn't really go hand-in-hand with today's dating scene. :(

Nah I always respected the honest types when I was on the dating scene.

The thing is you need to have a bit of mystery, a bit of je-ne-sais-quoi about you too though. Be honest, but don't fully let down your guard. Have other things going on, perhaps other girls you're meeting too.

If you're in the very early days of meeting someone, getting to know someone and they're like "I LIKE YOU AND WANT TO SEE YOU AGAIN. WHEN CAN I SEE YOU NEXT? WHEN?" you're more like to think "STAGE 5 CLINGER ALERT, ABORT MISSION! ABORT MISSION!", than "aw, how romantic!"

So yeah. Don't send the flowers. Don't text either. If she's interested, she'll figure that out by realizing she misses the contact and she'll be in touch. Doesn't sound like she is though, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

She's just playing hard to get OP.
    Get round there now and propose!

whiskeyman wrote: »
    She's just playing hard to get OP.
    Get round there now and propose!

Which one should I bring with me?

http://www.traps.com.au/media/control/112KA_Poles_315M.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭silverfeather

Just leave her alone full stop. It's not a step to getting her back it's leaving her alone. Accepting endings is healthy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 127 ✭✭Buzz Meeks

Actually I install house alarms for a living...

I don't think I need to spell this one out for you on a gag napkin.

Buzz Meeks wrote: »
    I don't think I need to spell this one out for you on a gag napkin.

the real extent of my knowledge on house alarms

http://imgur.com/gallery/KLvqsq1

:) Don't worry you have your life ahead of you. The lovers of the future will put this one into perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,232 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I understand the hammer in the pic. Why the ice cream cone?!?

endacl wrote: »
    Snack.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

endacl wrote: »

It is hard work breaking an alarm with a hammer. Ice cream cone is refreshing!

• Advertisement

You know how alarms always go off on really hot day? My superior knowledge of residential alarm systems tells me that this is because they are temperature dependent. Ice cream is cold.

Also, wouldn't be very well planned of me to commit B&E just to have forgotten the flowers would it? :p

It seems that competent art skills are not a prerequisite for a life in the stalker industry :\

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭daheff

how about call her instead of texting?

She might actually answer...then you'll know. If she doesnt, leave a voicemail (the sound of your voice apologising might get her to call you back)

DONT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES
    • cry
    • beg
    • cry
    • beg
    • cry
    • beg

nothing more desperate (or so i hear)

You know how alarms always go off on really hot day? My superior knowledge of residential alarm systems tells me that this is because they are temperature dependent. Ice cream is cold.

Also, wouldn't be very well planned of me to commit B&E just to have forgotten the flowers would it? :p

It seems that competent art skills are not a prerequisite for a life in the stalker industry :\
    All because the lady loves ....milk tray...

:pac:

daheff wrote: »
    how about call her instead of texting?

She might actually answer...then you'll know. If she doesnt, leave a voicemail (the sound of your voice apologising might get her to call you back)
    No just leave her alone.
    more ice cream for you op!

No just leave her alone.
    more ice cream for you op!

I do like ice cream.... but I do like the lady as well....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

I was dating a woman that I *really* liked, we got on really well, she said she liked me, then she was busy for a week, then nada, zip, nothing on the communicado front.

You don't sound very good at taking hints :D

I though sending flowers with a note might be nice to do, however while I know her address, she never actually told it to me

Sounds like your next hint will be from a court telling you to stay the fúck away from the nice lady your stalking!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Fück the flowers
    Step 1: Make sure she is not inside the house
    Step 2: Get inside the house
    Step 3: Get into her bedroom
    Step 4: Get naked
    Step 5: When she returns to go to bed and opens her bedroom door burst into a showstopping rendition of "I Will Always Love You"

Step 6: Invite me to the wedding
    Step 7: Name firstborn pmasterson jnr.

I do like ice cream.... but I do like the lady as well....
    The more time you waste on her the less time you have with the person you are supposed to be with in a healthy relationship. Think of all the fun you are missing out on!

You deserve someone who wants you back. Ask yourself why you are prepared to pursue less than that?

Fück the flowers
    Step 1: Make sure she is not inside the house
    Step 2: Get inside the house
    Step 3: Get into her bedroom
    Step 4: Get naked
    Step 5: When she returns to go to bed and opens her bedroom door burst into a showstopping rendition of "I Will Always Love You"

Step 6: Invite me to the wedding
    Step 7: Name firstborn pmasterson jnr.

You sir, are a scholar and a sage! May I sit at your feet and collect the morsels of wisdom you see fit to drop, as I toil to braid the mighty beard one so wise as yourself must surely drag behind him as he wanders the halls of knowledge not open to us mere mortals? :p:D :pac:

*googles lyrics to mentioned song...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Although non contact is the sensible route, it offers a poor enjoyment return for us as a community so it's imperative that your next move be an extravagant bouquet and an alarming stalker message.

Check back here with the reaction and for further instructions.

Advertisement