Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Absolutely furious and disgusted at Emirates Airlines...

Options
  • 15-12-2014 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭

Been up all night at the hospital;

Yesterday my Dad, who's 68, arrived from Dubai to Dublin airport. My sisters and niece were there to greet him on his arrival, but we had to wait a good 40 minutes before he showed up... meanwhile all the Emirates crew were strolling out long before that.

When he finally came through, we knew something was immediately wrong --- he was incredibly pale, and shaking uncontrollably and was barely able to talk. We had to flag down someone who immediately called for the Airport paramedics...

My dad was suffering the onsets of a seizure, while waiting for the ambulance the medic noted my dad's pulse was really weak... My sister went with my dad in the ambulance, where he suffered from 3 bad seizures during the transit to hospital.

So after a brain scan, my dad's got a blood clot - and right now he can barely talk, and can't remember much past his own name and is drooping on one side.

Had those neglectful crew noticed this, AT ALL, this could have all been prevented!!!

We don't know if this is temporary, or irreversible damage.

My heart is absolutely broken... I've not seen my dad in 4 years, and this was a treat for him for his birthday come to Ireland for the 16th along with Christmas next week and my sister's wedding on the 28th.

And for this to happen?

****!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Don't think you can blame them to be fair, and I don't think now is the time to find someone at fault.
    Focus your energy on looking after your Dad and supporting your family.
    I really hope your Dad pulls through ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Sorry to hear about this, I wish him a speedy recovery.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

Terrible alright OP, but how can you blame the flight crew? Especially if he walked off the plane under his own steam, they aren't medical professionals.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Boards can't give out legal advice. Consult a solicitor.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement