Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing Lost Share Certificate...?

Options
  • 21-01-2019 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭

Up to a couple of years ago, I had 10k shares in Bank of Ireland.

They had a reverse stock split and that left me with 334 shares.

Today I phoned Goodbody's - the only company I have had any correspondence from on this matter, though I don't have an account with them - asking about a share certificate for the 334 shares. (I still have the cert for the 10k shares)

Goodbody's said to phone Computershare. Computershare said that they sent me a certificate for the 334 shares in July 2017. I have no record of this, and I'm fairly meticulous about this sort of thing.

Computershare said that they can issue a new certificate for a fee of €62 if I have a document (I can't remember what they called it) countersigned by a recognized bank or company of their choosing. I think that having the document signed by BofI would be ok.

Do I have to go through with this? Or is there an easier way of replacing the cert?

Thanks.

D.

Advertisement