Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you just don't get...

Options

Comments

I don’t get people not getting things.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Fratello wrote: »
    Night Clubs
    Yoy are in the pub with a nice fuzzy buzz having had a great night.
    Then someone suggests go to a night club.
    Place is packed, guinness is €9 pint why?
    Barman hates you, bouncer hates you, other clubbers hate you.
    Lose your coat (coat person hates you), lose wallet, lose phone, lose friends.
    Taxi home goes some stupid way to rip you off.
    You get home and feel awful next day and are too riddeled to do anything and a perfectly good Saturday is wasted.
    I never saw the attraction.

Having a shift in a pub is a little awkward.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

I don't get how someone can not like any sport and usually assume that it's not actually true

I hate sports, I find it so boring, well sports like football, hurling, GAA, basketball, rugby. Never understood the excitement of a goal been scored.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

The blue red grill thing. Looks cheap and tacky. Same with "M Performance" stickers on the side of BMWs.

attachment.php?attachmentid=1449369&stc=1&d=1467099640

• Registered Users Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭Lirange

Coffee. The aroma can be pleasant sometimes. But how many sugary additives & flavourings to make it quaffable?

Espresso. Dirt water straight from a sulfuric mud pot.

Bagels. Bland and dense. Like eating a tyre. But oh you can add this fine spread. No that’s ok I’ll stick with toast.

Celery. Sure why don’t we masticate for an hour on flavourless plant gristle to make it digestible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 Wiggywiggle

Any one care to explain what crypto currency’s is

• Registered Users Posts: 13,833 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

It's a completely made up currency system that is separate to the banks and government that's technically untraceable and is used mainly for illegal activities (from what I've read) on the dark web, but some big name companies have started to accept it also.

I don't get:

- Fashion: the rich people who make labels are the ones who tell you what you should be wearing, which just happens to be what they're making...
    - Any sport with low scores: soccer for example. Ronaldo scores the only goal in the game and people think he's god, when he literally barely did what he's being paid half a million a week to do. He actually sounds terrible for the money he's being paid. I'd be expecting a few goals per game. Highlights are all I would watch.
    - Reality TV: Specifically the ones that concentrate on what the people rather than the event/situation. I might enjoy watching them if they were about something other than entitled spoilt pretty people with 4 braincells between them talking about who they shifted/rode.
    - Crowded drinking places: pubs, clubs, beer gardens, I never liked them when they were crowded, I like them even less now.
    - Hours long shopping: get in, get what you need, get out. No need to be spending hours looking at stuff or trying on things you have no intention of buying.
    - TV/Movies based on reality: I have enough of the real world, I don't need it in my entertainment reminding me of how crap the world is. It's why I much prefer anything that is beyond the realms of human possibility, ie: anime, superheroes, sci-fi, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Dublinandy3

I saw in the shop the other day vegan baconaise. Not sure why you'd want that if you're vegan.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Designer clothes with names on them.

You are walking around with someone else's name on your clothes. It looks beyond stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

jester77 wrote: »
    Designer clothes with names on them.

You are walking around with someone else's name on your clothes. It looks beyond stupid.

That's a bit of an oldie though that was first mentioned in Back to the Future in 1985, his knickers had Calvin Klien on them, but I agree with your point

21/25

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Sakana

People who never smoked but vape.

I don't get how someone can not like any sport and usually assume that it's not actually true

I don't understand why it's on with the news.

It’s a low budget soap opera produced by RTÉ and set in the fictional Dublin suburb of Barrystown.

It’s not exactly season 2 of Twin Peaks.

Carrigstown. Barrystown is the Commitments isn't it? :pac:

It's a completely made up currency system

All currency is made up, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭dickdasr1234

Tombo2001 wrote: »
    Expensive cars....

Sure if you have heaps of money, but the average joe who busts a gut to get a BMW or whatever.

There are so many other - better - things you can do with that money.

I dont get it.
    Drive one!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭growleaves

Why some men listen to radio shows they utterly despise just so they can complain about them on the internet. Same goes for the Late Late Show etc.

Like there is so many other things you could be watching, listening to, or doing. Is it a bonding thing or something? Some form of masochism?

Has me confused.

Let me to clear that up for you:

Complaining is one of the great joys of life.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,827 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Drive one!

Meh for a bit more acceleration and maybe get to your destination a few mins earlier, because you have to stay within speed limits.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭dickdasr1234

People commenting from a position of unhampered ******* ignorance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

NFT's. This thing is somehow worth $69 million.

image.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

When someone pays good money for a new car. They then drive around with the car dealer's advertising sticker on the back window, an advertisement on the number plate and in the case of Gowan Motors, a big plastic advert stuck on to the boot of your car, advertising Gowan. And they allow this because he was a nice man who sold me the car....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,561 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

s8n8wjy8noi11.jpg

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 10,561 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

NFT's. This thing is somehow worth $69 million.

image.jpg

dye9khpxddw61.jpg

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭tastyt

Ireland’s refusal to deal with young scumbags intimidating people on our own streets .

The police , the courts , the prison system should be intimidating to those feral scrotes . Other countries have serious problems of course but in the vast majority of places iv been little 13/14 rats are scared stiff of the police when they see them coming . In Ireland they laugh in their face

• Registered Users Posts: 15,827 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

People commenting from a position of unhampered ******* ignorance.

I get a laugh out of lads with dick extenders who blast past me on the road only to catch up with them again at the next set of lights.:D

A user who was banned years ago and now operates multiple accounts on Boards just to troll people, get threads closed down, talk about poo and generally just 'ruin' the site.

It would be so interesting to talk to that person and hear them explain exactly why they do that. Is there a certain satisfaction in having the power to ruin other people's fun? Is it like stamping on sand castles when you are a kid?

I get a laugh out of lads with dick extenders who blast past me on the road only to catch up with them again at the next set of lights.:D

Don't you know? Real men accelerate towards a red light then jam on the brakes violently. Women love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

It would be so interesting to talk to that person and hear them explain exactly why they do that. Is there a certain satisfaction in having the power to ruin other people's fun? Is it like stamping on sand castles when you are a kid?

I often wonder why myself. It would be a serious amount of time and effort they are putting into it. I assume they are still pissed off about getting banned years later and still want to take it out on Boards and get others banned, generally spoil other peoples fun (the original poster was the same way).
    Anytime you call them out on it directly on a thread they never reply to you but instead will report your post.
    If I mention one of their aliases in this post I can guarantee you I would be infracted for it... I know from experience ;)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,987 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Binge-watching.

I'd rather stretch a series out over ten days and have something to look forward to every day, instead of the instant gratification of watching it over two days

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Binge-watching.

I'd rather stretch a series out over ten days and have something to look forward to every day, instead of the instant gratification of watching it over two days

2 episodes of anything is all I can manage in a sitting and have left stuff for months and then finish watching it,

• Advertisement

Breakfast in bed. So over-rated.

Advertisement