Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

85603 wrote: »
    Morning radio is just so awful.
    It truly is.
    All of the stations. Unfunny predictable sht hosts. Cheesy, terrible music. All of them.

And Im stuck with it today.

Better than the dross that passes for TV on virgin media, pure shyte

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

That girl that sings that drivers license song.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,357 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Morning radio is just so awful.
    It truly is.
    All of the stations. Unfunny predictable sht hosts. Cheesy, terrible music. All of them.

And Im stuck with it today.

It is. I used to to enjoy Al Porter when he was on Today FM. Most daytime radio is pure drivel

I'm having two bridesmaids when I get married. 1 is in a different country and is very easy to sort out. She has her dress and is happy with it. We did a Skype call so I could have a look. I don't mind what shoes she wears but she still said she would show me the styles she comes across. It's been very easy with her on the organising front.

My 'maid of honour' is a different story. The few times I've asked her opinion of something she has an excuse why she can't answer right now. My heart is broke trying to find the right dress for her. I suggested we go to a few shops and asked when would suit. No joy. So I sent her a link to a website and asked her to pick any style in the colour I'm going for. No response.

I get that wedding talk isn't for everyone. I feel I'm being very patient though. Grand if she isn't making a nice fuss and suggesting things and showing an interest. But I need to get her a dress and after that all she has to do is turn up.

Sake. Last thing I want is to be a bridezilla but trying to handle her has me feeling like one.

The bridezilla has been awakened. RAAAAAWR!! :pac:

• Advertisement

The bridezilla has been awakened. RAAAAAWR!! :pac:

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,006 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Diamonds, go out and buy the dress for her in the colour you want.
    Give it to her in plenty of time, even if you have to post it.
    If it needs adjustments, then she can find a dressmaker herself.
    I get that it must be stressful for you and so should she.

To thine own self be true

8 visits to the house by police since September 2018 , 8 breathalyser tests ( all 0%) and was just pulled over by police ! It seems (according to the officer) someone tried to stop me from driving, and when I didn't see them called 999.
    I don't give a sh1t, I'm not going to use my walking stick till its necessary as I've found you start to rely on it. I'm trying to put that day off for as long as I can !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Using the word "dropped" instead of release when announcing a new song or album. Where the hell did this sh*te come out of? Billy Bob dropped an album, makes FA sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭sporina

taxi drivers who don't indicate or drive like most others on the road.. grrr...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,807 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

4Ad wrote: »
    Belgium football team are going to kick the ball out of play in the 10th minute in respect for Christan Eriksen..seems stupid to me.

Q then this shît starting in every second or third match...” we will kick the ball out of play in the 15th minute to highlight the 1.5 million Africans who die every year from starvation “...

Give me a break, just play the fûcking match without this virtue signaling BS....have a tribute before, after or half time but fûck messing around in middle of a fûckin match ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

That girl that sings that drivers license song.

Hate that ****ing song

Bertie has been banished :(

The clock is moving too slow. I need it to get to three o'clock faster so my weekend can begin. Very trivial.

The masked dancer on itv.
    I got the premise of the masked singer but masked dancing ? Any excuse to get a few celebrities on tv

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

cj maxx wrote: »
    Any excuse to get a few celebrities on tv

very liberal use of the term

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Tomatoes in a toastie. They are like little heat bombs in there waiting the scald the mouth off you.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I was out walking yesterday evening and three joggers jogging in a line together passed me by. First guy says hello and I gave kind of a breathy “hi” back. Second guy says hello and I gave a smile. Third guy says hello and I say “hello” back.
    Then I hear one of them shout “oh she’s too cool to say hello is she?”.. and they all laughed! These were like normal looking guys in their late 30s too. Who thinks that’s okay to shout at someone out walking on her own minding her own business, especially when I did fcuking say hello! Guarantee you if I was a man they wouldn’t have shouted that

• Registered Users Posts: 11,014 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

cj maxx wrote: »
    The masked dancer on itv.
    I got the premise of the masked singer but masked dancing ? Any excuse to get a few celebrities on tv

No show in the history of television is less deserving of a "spin-off" than that Masked Singer abomination. Don't get me started on the judges getting up clapping along to the "performance". Vomit inducing.

My TA: have been sick all week and out of work fighting off an infection and an abscess (interlinked). Thankfully almost fully recovered, but tomorrow I am being dragged in two directions by two different parties, and I am already stressing that even a small delay in the first event will mean I am late for the second event. So much for easing myself back into things.

I was out walking yesterday evening and three joggers jogging in a line together passed me by. First guy says hello and I gave kind of a breathy “hi” back. Second guy says hello and I gave a smile. Third guy says hello and I say “hello” back.
    Then I hear one of them shout “oh she’s too cool to say hello is she?”.. and they all laughed! These were like normal looking guys in their late 30s too. Who thinks that’s okay to shout at someone out walking on her own minding her own business, especially when I did fcuking say hello! Guarantee you if I was a man they wouldn’t have shouted that

Things like that would really get my goat. It probably was a bad attempt at flirting but executed pathetically.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Pr*cks. Not to mind the fact that they clearly cant keep a safe distance jogging three abreast and spewing their exhaled air and saliva everywhere. I'd probably have run (waddled) after them to give them a good thwack of the closest stick I could find. But don't mind me, I'm less than tolerant these days.

TA my hand still hurts from my hastened efforts to roll down my driver window and give a middle fingered expletive to the moron who beeped me a few days ago :D And every time I do something like that I've to a) remind as yet unlicensed OH in the passenger seat not to do that in his test, and b) remind baby in her car seat not to do this ever.

2nd weekend in a row,being let down for something important

I almost never ask for help off anyone (payin this person)....im just sick sh1t of people treating me,like a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Bathroom dominoes. You knock something over in the cabinet above the sink and half the contents of that shelf come piling down in to the sink.

Diamonds, go out and buy the dress for her in the colour you want.
    Give it to her in plenty of time, even if you have to post it.
    If it needs adjustments, then she can find a dressmaker herself.
    I get that it must be stressful for you and so should she.

Purple I feel like an awful eejit even being bothered by it. I wish I could tell her to look after her own dress and she can wear what she likes. So because that's not me I'm a bit embarrassed by being particular.

Also a close friend of mine has said she might not be able to come. I'm seriously considering paying her way just to have her there. No present or being all dolled up is required, just turn up and I'll find a bed for you.

Sure lookit.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,346 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Full inboxes.

Ooooh, matron!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,006 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Purple I feel like an awful eejit even being bothered by it. I wish I could tell her to look after her own dress and she can wear what she likes. So because that's not me I'm a bit embarrassed by being particular.

Also a close friend of mine has said she might not be able to come. I'm seriously considering paying her way just to have her there. No present or being all dolled up is required, just turn up and I'll find a bed for you.

Sure lookit.

If you're friend can't put away a few euro every week to save up to go to your wedding, we'll that says volumes.
    If you've given her plenty of notice, there's no reason why she can't book a reasonably priced b+b and get her travel expenses sorted.
    Also, there's no need for women to spend a fortune getting dolled up. We all have dresses in our wardrobe and could make a good stab at our make up. She could time getting her hair cut the time of your wedding to avail of the blow dry.
    I definitely wouldn't offer to be paying her way.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 8,573 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Insurance companies making their disc's too big for the holder

If you're friend can't put away a few euro every week to save up to go to your wedding, we'll that says volumes.
    If you've given her plenty of notice, there's no reason why she can't book a reasonably priced b+b and get her travel expenses sorted.
    Also, there's no need for women to spend a fortune getting dolled up. We all have dresses in our wardrobe and could make a good stab at our make up. She could time getting her hair cut the time of your wedding to avail of the blow dry.
    I definitely wouldn't offer to be paying her way.

She will try and save, she did say she would. I know its difficult for her and I don't want to be unreasonable. The whole thing is just (I hate this word) triggering.

Wimmen eh :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Insurance companies making their disc's too big for the holder

Not to mention calling something rectangular a disc :D

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement

Men. Who knows what goes on with them

Advertisement