Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Rewards

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,845 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

mrcheez wrote: »
    I've never actually gotten any Lidl or Dunnes offers. I find it strange they offer different discounts to different users.

No disrespect but if you have been signed up since the start I find that very hard to believe. It's possible you had the offer and just didn't know it was there.

I know loads of people friends, family & in work who are signed up and they each always get the offers, maybe a few days between them, but they all get them. I know, because they always share when the supermarket ones come up as it is the most used and like here, the just want to makes sure everyone knows it's on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Jez dont take it so personally when someone criticizes the Rewards scheme. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭go4it

I've never actually gotten any Lidl or Dunnes offers. I find it strange they offer different discounts to different users.

most of the offers goes towards targeted user profiles
    Profiles are build with data from different sources, not only the data the bank has on you.

These days companies are very friendly , they all want to know you better [ in plain translation : i know enough about of bunch of customers, and there's a 80% chance they'll spend on shop X if i gave them a small incentive ; compared to 45% chance on spending if i offer the same incentive to all banks customers ]

@off-topic ;I used to have a work colleague that always complained that her husband is crunching numbers at work based on spending habits , and when doing shopping, he will say: we're not going to buy this item, 'cause we look like xx.that.xx shopping profile...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,631 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

go4it wrote: »
    most of the offers goes towards targeted user profiles
    Profiles are build with data from different sources, not only the data the bank has on you.

Their algorithm clearly needs a bit of tweaking so. I would certainly have used it in Lidl and Dunnes had it been offered :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

loyatemu wrote: »
    Spent €50 in CircleK last week, it hasn't tracked. Going into the rewards website, there's no sign of the offer either in the current or expired section and when I try to raise a query on it, it's not listed there either. Am I going nuts - there was a 5 off 50 offer for CircleK last week, right?

Ever get a response to this?
    I'm in the save boat, just remembered now..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,420 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Seve OB wrote: »
    It is not hard to have amassed a half decent return.
    Everybody eats and goes to supermarkets, you had ample opportunity to get free money for spending money that you spend anyway. Dunnes, Lidl have each been on numerous times with €10 & €5 returns. And now Super Value are in the game. €25 bucks is nothing to spend in a supermarket, sure a few beers, bottles of wine, couple of steaks, milk bread, chickens.... doesn't take long to get €25 quid worth of gear in your shopping basket no matter what your taste is.

Topaz have also been in the mix a few times with decent cash back (fair enough, not everybody drives), but for those who do, it's free money.

So to give out that you only got €4.80 back because offers have been niche is a bit disingenuous. You could have gotten more, but it's €4.80 back that you wouldn't have gotten if they never introduced the rewards.

You have to be offered it to get it. I've two accounts. One got the dunnes and topaz offers once each, the other never got any. I've never seen a lidl or supervalu offer. In fact, all I get are lego, hamleys, all saints and occasionally shaws between both accounts. I'd use any decent offer that came up, but they never do. Count yourself lucky, because I clearly am not!
    18.50 saved on one account and 3.73 on the other. That's nice and all but pittance compared to some on here and I've no idea why?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Marymidlands

I've never gotten Shaws , SuperValu, Dunnes or Tooax.
    Any way I could increase my chance of getting these offers.

I've never gotten Shaws , SuperValu, Dunnes or Tooax.
    Any way I could increase my chance of getting these offers.

I was going to suggest you could try buying a few things from those stores and their system might pick it up, but I only use my VISA for Amazon purchases and still got the SuperValu offer, so it must be completely random

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Marymidlands

I was going to suggest you could try buying a few things from those stores and their system might pick it up, but I only use my VISA for Amazon purchases and still got the SuperValu offer, so it must be completely random

Think I perhaps use my card with these shops weekly or fortnightly at least. Perhaps they see me as a regular customer already.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

I've gotten the Shaws one a few times but I never shop there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Cerco

No disrespect but if you have been signed up since the start I find that very hard to believe. It's possible you had the offer and just didn't know it was there.

I know loads of people friends, family & in work who are signed up and they each always get the offers, maybe a few days between them, but they all get them. I know, because they always share when the supermarket ones come up as it is the most used and like here, the just want to makes sure everyone knows it's on.

Well I am signed up since the start and have not received any for either Dunne’s or Lidl.

Is it to do with the location I wonder?
    Mine seems to always default to 11 Henry St, North City, Dublin, Ireland even though I've never been anywhere near there.
    But its the same on both accounts. One account got the topaz and dunnes vouchers once. One never got them. Never seen a lidl or supervalu but I don't shop in them either.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

I'm thinking of closing my account. I reckon the data they are tracking on my spending is infinitely more valuable to them than a 3% off L'Occtaine is to me

At the start I got Lidl and topaz but never got a thing since that I'd use. Really obscure online shops that I never shop in

I was all for it when I making a few quid back on things, I'm not so much now.

ImARebel wrote: »
    I'm thinking of closing my account. I reckon the data they are tracking on my spending is infinitely more valuable to them than a 3% off L'Occtaine is to me

At the start I got Lidl and topaz but never got a thing since that I'd use. Really obscure online shops that I never shop in

I was all for it when I making a few quid back on things, I'm not so much now.

No offence but they're getting that data anyway, whether you close your account or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

No offence but they're getting that data anyway, whether you close your account or not.

True...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭appledrop

The offers are absolutely crap now. I got up to around €70 in cash back but nothing now for months. All online shops now that I wouldn't buy + for useless amounts like 3% back. You would actual get better offers directly from shops themselves with sales etc.

Same kind of thing happened with the Electric Ireland rewards. First year they gave some decent freebies but afterwards they must have lost interest as it's all but dead now.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭go4it

5e back on 50e spent @Dunnestores in next 2 weeks
    10e back on 70e spent @Woodies in next 2 weeks
    15% back (max 100) on spending @JustEat in next 2 weeks
    20% back (max 30 ) on spending @Captain America's in next 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Reminder that you must spend 50 in Dunnes so that's after any money off vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

Typical. Nothing decent for ages then Woodies come along with 10 off 70 after I spent 80 on paint last Wednesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

gerard2210 wrote: »
    Typical. Nothing decent for ages then Woodies come along with 10 off 70 after I spent 80 on paint last Wednesday.

In China they'd call that "tough titties"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

So I spent over €70 in Woodies today. Should I be able to see that when I log in or will it take a while to go through?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,312 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

christy c wrote: »
    So I spent over €70 in Woodies today. Should I be able to see that when I log in or will it take a while to go through?

3 to 5 working days in the past for me, usually 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

I'd say there is nothing random about it. The system probably picked-up that you bought something at Woodies and is trying to get you to visit the shop again with that voucher.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

Bob24 wrote: »

I'd say there is nothing random about it. The system probably picked-up that you bought something at Woodies and is trying to get you to visit the shop again with that voucher.

I didn't use the credit card in Woodies.

Bob24 wrote: »

Nah its random. I never use my credit card.

i shopped in woodies on 12th (my last day), spent 76
    got mail to say refund was being processed
    refund hasn't come through and is not showing on my rewards account
    weird one, anyone else experience anything like this?

ive mailed them 2 days ago, no response yet

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 462 ✭✭TetraSonic55

i shopped in woodies on 12th (my last day), spent 76
    got mail to say refund was being processed
    refund hasn't come through and is not showing on my rewards account
    weird one, anyone else experience anything like this?

ive mailed them 2 days ago, no response yet

I placed an order on Just Eat over a week ago and got an email saying it was being processed. Still didn't come through yet

Glad I’m not the only one so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,426 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Might be old news but €5 off €20 is back in Circle-k!

Advertisement