Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VPN 5 devices for $18

Options
  • 27-11-2017 5:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭

Cyber40 code drops the price to $18

https://depot.xda-developers.com/sales/vpn-unlimited-lifetime-subscription
    Say goodbye to all your online privacy worries, for life. VPN Unlimited is your one-stop shop for protecting both your Wi-Fi and cellular connections, securing your online activity, and bypassing web content restrictions.

VPN Service Providers' Best VPN Service Award for 2015
    PC Mag's Top VPN for 2016
    Named a Best VPN Service of September 2016 by TechRadar

Secure public Wi-Fi connection: your data is hidden & encrypted
    Unlimited traffic bandwidth: no need to worry about your data usage
    Unlimited high-speed connection
    A growing selection of servers globally: currently 70+ locations in 50+ countries including USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Hong Kong and Japan, with more than 1000 servers
    Fast server switching & app operating
    Blocks ads, malware, & tracking systems w/ the newly included DNS Firewall

I installed this a couple of days ago. Speed seems good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭curranbaz

Promo code reduces it further to $18!

Thanks OP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

curranbaz wrote: »
    Promo code reduces it further to $18!

Thanks OP!

Edited, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Cheers OP I'll give it a go at this price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭deep1

Thanks , does it block ads on mobile ( iOS ) or on router level ?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Halflifept

deep1 wrote: »
    Thanks , does it block ads on mobile ( iOS ) or on router level ?

blocks on mobile.
    You have to go to the management page on keepsolid website and turn on the adblock for the vpn service.

• Advertisement

Halflifept wrote: »
    blocks on mobile.
    You have to go to the management page on keepsolid website and turn on the adblock for the vpn service.

Thanks a lot working great .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭south

Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

Can I use this so anything connected to my router is via the VPN? Cant see instructions for router.

Snotty wrote: »
    Can I use this so anything connected to my router is via the VPN? Cant see instructions for router.

They only seem to have instructions for specific routers only, haven't tested it myself yet but here it is for router they recommend. might worth a try.

https://www.vpnunlimitedapp.com/en/info/manuals/asus-tomato

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

Lads,where do I enter the discount code ? Probably staring at me but can't see it :o

• Advertisement

dodzy wrote: »
    Lads,where do I enter the discount code ? Probably staring at me but can't see it :o

On payment screen, ie if paying by PayPal. on right hand side small print "Promo code? "

Edit: I'm a tool. Sorted. Up and running. Cheers lads.

Edit: I'm a tool. Sorted. Up and running. Cheers lads.

Great, seems like auto connect to VPN on cellular is not supported only on wifi, that will be pain if you have to reconnect every time you unlock phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭corkie

VPN Unlimited is headquartered in New York

https://www.vpnmentor.com/reviews/vpn-unlimited/

Quote: -
    there is only 5 or 6 servers you can use for torrents plus they block P2P sites I would " NOT" waste a penny with this company

With the same code (Cyber40) get unlimited devices for approx $30 with WindScribe: -
    https://depot.xda-developers.com/sales/windscribe-vpn

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

Purchased and installed (after a few errors, solved after I read the FAQ (had to temporarily disable Antivirus etc)) onto my Win7 PC, created a KeepSolid account, logged in, tried the VPN, only ever displayed my Real IP, tried various servers, but would continuously be "connecting".

Long story short, after rebooting my pc, seems all my Windows profile setting have disappeared ? Default wallpaper, large icons (loads of icons missing), IE set as default browser (Mozilla has vanished).

Uninstalled the VPN, rebooted, same "new pc" type appearance. Even trying to get back online to type this up was an ordeal (network settings gone too, needed to "join" a network again) HELLLPPPP :confused:

Do people even read reviews before jumping on a deal, that maybe too good to be True?

When searching for a VPN in July, I ruled out VPN Unlimited very quickly.

VPN Unlimited Review and Test Results
    • IP address leaks
    • DNS leaks
    • WebRTC leaks
    • No kill switch
    • Connection problems
    • Troubling privacy policy (maintaining some logs)
    • Bad privacy jurisdiction (United States)

I went with Windscribe and have been happily using it since July! Deal linked in previous page. Also communicate on /r/Windscribe.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

corkie wrote: »
    VPN Unlimited is headquartered in New York

https://www.vpnmentor.com/reviews/vpn-unlimited/

Quote: -

With the same code (Cyber40) get unlimited devices for approx $30 with WindScribe: -
    https://depot.xda-developers.com/sales/windscribe-vpn

Just bought Windscribe and got the following:
    We are currently acquiring your license for this product. Please check back soon.
    Got it

Just bought Windscribe and got the following:

Got it

Away from my PC, but did you get that sorted? Or still having problems?

I didn't test it because already on a deal since July.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

This VPN doesn't work for Netflix?

Snotty wrote: »
    This VPN doesn't work for Netflix?

Quite a lot of them don't.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

After reading this thread over the last few days, I decided to jump on the VPN bandwagon but after a bunch of research and not just joining one because it was cheap, I ended up with NordVPN.

Works with Netflix and overall it seems pretty good. Using it with NVidia Shield.
    Speed is decent but I only turn it on when I need something from a different region.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Quite a lot of them don't.

Yeah Netflix seem to be clever at detecting these :(

Advertisement