Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burrow Bay Baldoyle

Options
  • 10-02-2020 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭

Interested in this new development coming to the market this summer, I believe there are over 100 properties coming to the market which is good, 3/4 bedroom houses.

I was wondering if anyone has any info on indications of prices for these? Estate agent not giving anything away at this point but I was hoping someone here might have some inside info, would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭sparkle109

Sono wrote: »
    Interested in this new development coming to the market this summer, I believe there are over 100 properties coming to the market which is good, 3/4 bedroom houses.

I was wondering if anyone has any info on indications of prices for these? Estate agent not giving anything away at this point but I was hoping someone here might have some inside info, would be greatly appreciated.

Hey, no nothing yet, I also tried the estate agent and couldn’t get any ballpark figures! Hopefully within budget 🀔

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Where is this in Baldoyle?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Sono

Where is this in Baldoyle?

Down near The Coast development.

Down near The Coast development.

Why is it called Burrow Bay then. Such a misleading name? I live in The Coast and I was confused by the name!

Why is it called Burrow Bay then. Such a misleading name? I live in The Coast and I was confused by the name!

You’ll have to ask the developers.

• Advertisement

Does anyone have any idea of how much the 1 bedroom apartments will cost? I live with my parents in The Coast, and would be interested in buying here.

Does anyone have any idea of how much the 1 bedroom apartments will cost? I live with my parents in The Coast, and would be interested in buying here.

No one knows any prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,505 ✭✭✭baldbear

Burrow bay sounds posh. There are some amount of properties going in there now.. This must be apart of project shoreline. I think there are going to be 1500 properties total been built around their.

Full amenities will probably put in place by 2030 known nf this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Burrow beach is not far from it.

Stay Free

Burrow beach is not far from it.

It is far from it. The name is misleading

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Is 'The Coast' actually on the coast or also confusing?

:pac:

Graham wrote: »
    Is 'The Coast' actually on the coast or also confusing?

:pac:

It actually is on The Coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

It is far from it. The name is misleading

The development is just over a kilometre from the burrow beach/bay.
    It actually is on The Coast.

This is more than a half kilometre from the actual coast. But you say it's "on The Coast".

What constitutes close, or far to you? I think we have it nailed down to less, or more than 1 kilometre. But less than 1 kilometre is close enough to say there is no distance at all :rolleyes:

BurrowBay might be a bit misleading, but many developments are named after areas much, much farther away from them. If that is the only problem with the development, then we are all doing well.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

The Burrow is the name of the beach in Sutton, so more of that pretending people live in Sutton approach! It would part of the same bay at its very tip!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Viviana

Hi guys,

Do you know if they are still building them and a which stage they are? Are them apartments or houses? I was trying to find out the approximative price, but the agency doesn't answer to this questions. It would be just to understand the range of these houses, if they are approachable to me.

Many thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Viviana

Hi guys,

Do you know anything about the new apartments in Burrow Bay?
    Are they still under construction and at what stage are them? Do you know if they are apartments or houses? I was trying to find out the approximate price, but the agency doesn't answer these questions. It would only be to understand the range of these houses, if they are accessible to me.

Many thanks :)
    Viviana

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dunston

I don't see any reference to "Burrow Bay" online anymore - I think the new name is now "Bay View". I think it's part of Project Shoreline which will extend all the way from the Coast development up to Moyne Road. Does anyone know what Moyne Park is on Moyne Road? Looks suspicious on Google Maps satellite view

Just googled it - Moyne Park is a halting site - that should keep prices in check!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Dunston wrote: »
    Just googled it - Moyne Park is a halting site - that should keep prices in check!

Drove down there a while back to see how it all panned out with ‘the Coost’ - massive high density build with no doubt plans to envelope it into a slum of the future. Huge amount of ‘social and affordable’ tiny flats and odd shaped ‘units’ - with miniscule gardens and worrying parking. It backs onto the playing fields across from the Aldi in Baldoyle and is hemmed in by the road that floods and the huge itinerant camp at the corner where starving and mutilated animals are often found ‘discarded’ on the common grounds. A sad end to the once royal racecourse belonging to the Lord of Howth.

I would be extremely wary of this - particularly given Belmayne/Priory Hall slum areas and the planning permission given aome years back and still active for the massive Mosque and muslim schools complex not too far off once the inevitable happens and the estates are all joined.

The coost might look compromised, contained, arbitrary and pokey now but wait til the toddlers are tweens or teenagers and discarded onto the narrow streets and compact area to ‘play’ - or are unparented and roaming the streets - with no amenities locally other than a football green and disadvantaged youth centre and no resources l unless yiu want a share in a flowerbed?

With the mess that is the bus connex proposals and downgrading of trains stopping in Portmarnock , and inaccessibility of the miles away dart due to now massively congested roads and tiny park and ride in Portmarnock it would seem neither a safe bet for commuters nor people wanting to own and park more than the legal 0.8 of a car outside their ‘house’.

IMO No discount would make this attractive.

As for the feeder road - locals know has been flooding for 40 + years and is inaccessible during storms and snow events. Snowboots and canoes anyone !?

Burrow is right - burrow your head under the truth - people are desperate but they would want to be extremely cheap and extremely large to put up with all you may have to contend with. And thats before we start on about two people out working and a new build beside an itinerant camp/refuse slum.

Fairly damning stuff JustAThought.

The Coast is certainly an odd looking collection of units. Many of those Celtic Tiger developments were desperate as we know and Belmayne fits into that category also.

Henry J Lyons are the architects behind this new development who are top level and Richmond Homes seem to have a decent rep also so I would be expecting big improvements in that regard. The estate agent says it'll be bounded by an 80 hectare planned park - 80 hectares is massive -not sure what a planned park refers to though - possibly the marsh lands adjoining the site?

Not understanding your point on the dart - isn't there a dart station on site in Clongriffin so no more than a few mins walk away.

Does the coast road flood also or is it just the feeder road of the roundabout which floods?

No getting away from the halting site adjoining the site though - a quick google shows that there's a list of residents with a string of serious convictions. At a glance - A rapist due for release next year - A taxi driver assaulted and robbed one night by a pack of teenagers waiting for their mate to be dropped off and none of them were apprehended.

In saying that, there will be a demand for these though. The new houses by the station in Portmarnock are just over 1km up the road and are starting at 540k for 3 beds whereas these will likely be starting in the 300s.

Would be very interested in hearing everyone's thoughts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

If you think Slumgriffin is a few minutes walk away you must be making the journey by helicopter. The same with your optimism about the Dart in Portmarnock being a cherry 1k away - unless of course this development is going to be built IN the halting site- and even then it is at least 3 or 4 km away - and a long trudge for anyone contemplating a walk to the dart - who needa a 40 minute walk in the freezing or dark at the start of each morning. If you have a car for your legal 0.8 of a parking space and if you can negotiate the horror story of new traffic that can rake up
    to 20 minutes to go just the few hundred yards up the road from the portmarnock roundabout once you get to that at rush hour to the dart - due to the horror story of new traffic from all the new appartments and duplexes squeezed in alongside each other beside Portmarnock dart in that narrow country road that will ge a total headmelt - it already is - and thats before the new hiuses and appartments at the dart are even finished and before the new development is even srarted. .

As for the feeder road that floods, freezes, gets totally snowblocked its entire several km length and is routinely closed off by gaurds in bad weather conditions - yes - this will make commuting or getting in and out of the coost estate and I assume a new one that will have to feed out onto that road a game of russian roulette in the winter. Ifs been happening for 40 years - no reason to expect it will magically improve. No doubt people or companies or charities will buy or buy to let but given the way the overpromised ‘Coost’ was allowed to be created and all the hype and oromises about that, I wouod have significant concerns personally about this new one - and thats before we talk about block buying on behalf of the social welfare, muslim enclaves and a desolate swampland & marsh with reeds growing head high that no person in their right mind would ever walk alone in - ringed by itinerant camps.

And in fairness I have nothing against the owner of the land or developer - it just sounds from the small bit I know of the area and location like it will be another total headwreck.

PS Isn’t the pub in Baldoyle ‘village’ locally across from the Church the one that burned down famously despite the firebrigade being there in plenty of time because the water pressure was so bad they couldn’t get enough water pumped to put it out :o

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Mod Note

JustAThought, we do expect a reasonable standard of post here in A & P. Your recent contributions were not it. Please fix that.

I've been living in the original phase of The Coast in Red Arches Road since 2007 with my parents. The area is fairly good in general, it's very quiet. There isn't a lot to do socially here, but you have Howth and Malahide close by. The transport links are superb, and we have only had one issue with the knackers, and it was a different group to the ones that live close by.

It's a great little area, but it's getting noticeably busier.

If you think Slumgriffin is a few minutes walk away you must be making the journey by helicopter. The same with your optimism about the Dart in Portmarnock being a cherry 1k away - unless of course this development is going to be built IN the halting site- and even then it is at least 3 or 4 km away - and a long trudge for anyone contemplating a walk to the dart - who needa a 40 minute walk in the freezing or dark at the start of each morning. If you have a car for your legal 0.8 of a parking space and if you can negotiate the horror story of new traffic that can rake up
    to 20 minutes to go just the few hundred yards up the road from the portmarnock roundabout once you get to that at rush hour to the dart - due to the horror story of new traffic from all the new appartments and duplexes squeezed in alongside each other beside Portmarnock dart in that narrow country road that will ge a total headmelt - it already is - and thats before the new hiuses and appartments at the dart are even finished and before the new development is even srarted. .

As for the feeder road that floods, freezes, gets totally snowblocked its entire several km length and is routinely closed off by gaurds in bad weather conditions - yes - this will make commuting or getting in and out of the coost estate and I assume a new one that will have to feed out onto that road a game of russian roulette in the winter. Ifs been happening for 40 years - no reason to expect it will magically improve. No doubt people or companies or charities will buy or buy to let but given the way the overpromised ‘Coost’ was allowed to be created and all the hype and oromises about that, I wouod have significant concerns personally about this new one - and thats before we talk about block buying on behalf of the social welfare, muslim enclaves and a desolate swampland & marsh with reeds growing head high that no person in their right mind would ever walk alone in - ringed by itinerant camps.

And in fairness I have nothing against the owner of the land or developer - it just sounds from the small bit I know of the area and location like it will be another total headwreck.

PS Isn’t the pub in Baldoyle ‘village’ locally across from the Church the one that burned down famously despite the firebrigade being there in plenty of time because the water pressure was so bad they couldn’t get enough water pumped to put it out :o

JustAThought -not sure why you are harping on about Portmarnock dart station. Clongriffin Dart is on the site of the new development so ya just a few mins walk away and no need for the helicopter. Phase 1 houses are going to be beside the station.

The only reason I mentioned Portmarnock was to highlight what the new builds are selling for there, just up the road. And ya Moyne Park is just 2km from Portmarnock Dart Station and about 800m from the new builds as the crow flies, just to let you know as your distances are way off.

These are starting to take shape.

I'll see if I can get better photos, but this gives an idea. I hope I can buy one when they are released, although I'm not sure I'll be mortgage ready unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 anniewilkes

Burrow seems to be the name of the general area? Recently I've noticed when ordering online (for Portmarnock) Burrow is included in the address. Wasn't like that before...I think?

Burrow seems to be the name of the general area? Recently I've noticed when ordering online (for Portmarnock) Burrow is included in the address. Wasn't like that before...I think?

I've been living in Red Arches for 15 and Baldoyle for 25 years, it has never been called Burrow. Burrow is up in Sutton, this isn't Sutton.

The name Burrow Bay was ridiculous, and was a markeTing move. The new name Bay View, is much better.

Has anyone heard anything on starting prices for these houses?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭lcarrol3

Has anyone heard anything on starting prices for these houses?

I spoke to an agent who quoted to me three beds are likely to start around 395k.

• Advertisement

lcarrol3 wrote: »
    I spoke to an agent who quoted to me three beds are likely to start around 395k.

Any idea on 1/2 bed apartments?

Advertisement