Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(BTEA) eligibility for repeating one subject.

Options
  • 14-03-2012 11:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi,

I'm just curious to know if I will receive any assistance from BTEA upon returning to college in Sept, as I will only be repeating one subject? Apparently, funding is only applicable when repeating the complete year,
    and even though I will be registered as a full time student, one subject equates to at most, four hours per week. I'm currently unemployed, and may not be able to return to college unless I receive even a basic allowance.
    Desperately applying for jobs day after day, but after 12 months it seems more futile by the day. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

To be honest Its unlikely you will get BTEA OP but check with DSP anyway. There is a provision for retaining benefit while studying part-time which might apply here but you would need to meet with the local DSP Facilitator to check it out.
    Good luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 DoubleDealed

paperclip2 wrote: »
    To be honest Its unlikely you will get BTEA OP but check with DSP anyway. There is a provision for retaining benefit while studying part-time which might apply here but you would need to meet with the local DSP Facilitator to check it out.
    Good luck :)

Hey Paperclip2,

Thank you so much for your supportive reply!!:) Yeah, checked with (DSP) this morning, and apparently because the module only equates to like 3hrs total P.W, I am eligible to avail of part time studying!! Although, still hoping to have a job by Sept, at least I won't have to take extended sabbatical. Thanks again!!:) Have a "Rockin" Paddy's Day!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Glad to hear it went well. Best of luck with the repeat.
    :)

Advertisement