Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*****BA in Journalism*****

Options
  • 06-06-2007 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭

Hi,

I applied to study the BA in Journalism as a mature student and have been called for an interview within the next week. I'm just wondering if anyone could shed some light on what to expect or offer some advice on preperation. Will it be an informal event or should I expect a severe grilling? I don't have that much experience in the world of journalism as regards published work but I have completed a certificate in a journalism introductory course earlier this year and received a distinction in my exams. I am a tad nervous about the interview as I really want to work in this field. I have spent the past 8 years of my life working in a non-related area and realised about a year ago that it was not for me and decided to pursue a degree in journalism. I'd appreciate any pointers or tips no matter how small. Any information on the course itself as regards past-pupil experiences and advice would also be very helpful. Thanks for your time and help, wish me luck - I'm about to chase the dream!

Advertisement