Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

10m Women's Air Pistol

• 15-08-2004 11:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭

From targetshootingireland.org:

An exciting final today in the Women's Air Pistol event, with a major upset when the Ukranian Olena Kostevych came from eight place in the finals to take the Gold medal.As the scores show, Olena came into the finals on 384, at the bottom of the finals heap, but held her nerve to claw past all seven others in the finals and equal Serbian shooter Jasna Sekaric's score. A shoot-off was held for the Gold medal and Olena's 10.2 was sufficent to beat Jasna's 9.4.

ap40_1st.jpg
    ap40_2nd.jpg

Not to be outdone for the tension stakes, Bulgarian Maria Grozdeva and Chinese shooter Ren Jie also had a shoot-off for the Bronze medal, with the Bulgarian's 10,4 beating Jie's 9.7 to take the medal.

ap40_3rd.jpg

And since everyone else was doing it, Russia's Natalie Paderina and Germany's Munkhbayar Dorjsuren had a shoot-off for fifth place, with Natalie's 10.0 beating Munkhbayar's 9.3.

So a slightly longer than normal finals :)

ap40_award.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Eh, shouldn't this be going in the sports forum as well Sparks? Fair play for trying to promote it, and I know I seem to be adding to the different threads a lot, :) but is After Hours the place for it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

I didn't originally think so Flukey, but like I said earlier, there seemed to be a lot of interest in here on stuff regarding firearms.

Maybe. After Hours strikes me as being a very general forum for anything and nothing in particular. All of these types of boards have at least one such forum. Anything else, more specific, generally goes into specific forums. Yours I would have categorised under sport. Of course we can post anything anywhere and the moderators move or remove what they like, which is their job. I heard Derek Burnett being interviewed today as well as some of his friends. They are all planning for Beijing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

What about Iran's only female olympian? How did she finish?

_39960130_nassimafp203.jpg

There's a story on the beeb website about her - http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3570040.stm
    Apparently it's one of the few sports that women can compete in while wearing orthodox muslim dress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭keu

Just back from paintball combat weekend, maybe its the adrenaline still pulsing inside my little female body, but damn..I want a big gun and I want to shoot things.

• Advertisement

Iranian women with guns and another woman with a paintball gun! AAAAAAAAAAAAaH! I knew this thread should never have been in here. They'll run amok. Get me out of here! :D

:)
    mmmmm i like the power rush.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

aodh_rua wrote:
    What about Iran's only female olympian? How did she finish?

_39960130_nassimafp203.jpg

There's a story on the beeb website about her - http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3570040.stm
    Apparently it's one of the few sports that women can compete in while wearing orthodox muslim dress.

and when the USA , decides to invade Iraq , they'll claim they were training hit men/women , and that training competitors for the likes of the Olyimpics was just a disguise .

Get outta here Big Ears. There's women with guns and they are pumped with adrenaline! No offence, but you're an easy target!
    DUCK!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Flukey wrote:
    Get outta here Big Ears. There's women with guns and they are pumped with adrenaline! No offence, but you're an easy target!
    DUCK!

theres only one thing to do.........................hide . :o

• Advertisement

shater2.jpg
    failure is not an option

Advertisement