Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10k of tax money spent on TD's Christmas Cards

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

It comes after Waterford Independent TD John Halligan -- an avowed atheist -- sent out 800 alien-themed Christmas cards to people in Ireland and abroad.

Legend

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

o1s1n wrote: »
    No, as different things have different priorities.

Christmas cards are right at the bottom, if not THE bottom of that priority list. €10,000 on something so utterly pointless is shocking. That is why people are pissed off.
    Are the Arts, or the library service or the museum service (or - I could go on - you get the idea) more important than disabled teenagers? If not, should we cut all of these services completely before we make any cuts to disabled teenagers?

Should we cut these services anyway and increase the amount we spend on disabled teenagers?

btw, I agree that we shouldn't be spending anything on TD's Christmas cards. Even if all of the disabled teenagers in the country were being fully taken care of, we shouldn't be paying for TDs to produce Christmas cards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i hopw the troika know about it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Why does this article seem to be focused around the atheism of one TD and not the sheer stupidity of the whole issue at stake?

Sending out €10,000 worth of Christmas cards using tax money is absolutely daft. What happens to be printed on the cards is irrelevant.

Dear right - spot on!

TishyO wrote: »
    Why is an atheist sending out "Christmas" cards anyway??
    Who cares, by the same logic why was a christian sending cards for a pagan holiday?

Wallop - ouch! :D

If this was a game of tennis, I'd be shouting "Juice". :pac:

Classic After Hours!
    Ya gotta love it! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Nyan Cat

The gravy train is over. Or so we thought.
    How can they justify paying for td Xmas cards - regardless of the amount?... The 'perks' have got to stop.

And I don't see it as a networking type of thing. What on earth will an Xmas card do?!

(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

You should elect me. I haven't sent a greeting card to anyone in years!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Robdude

Why does this article seem to be focused around the atheism of one TD and not the sheer stupidity of the whole issue at stake?

Sending out €10,000 worth of Christmas cards using tax money is absolutely daft. What happens to be printed on the cards is irrelevant.

It will happen as soon as the tax payers demand it.

And by demand it, I mean more than complaining about it under their breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

An atheist sending out alien themed Christmas cards = attention seeking clown.

I'm from Waterford. I agree with you 100%. Why are ANY of these clowns given an allowance to send out Christmas cards? FFS.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

LegBellend
    FYP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Craebear

This is why you don't elect atheists. God bless the usa.

Advertisement