Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

23 with decent leaving cert and would like to go to college

Options
  • 15-09-2009 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭

hi all, i did my leaving cert 7yrs and did well enough. I went straight into the workforce and now i'm at a stalemate, no job and no qualification and i dont know what to do.... id love to get things rolling and get back into education but i've no idea what i'd like to do. is it too late this yr to do anything and does anyone know of any good career guidence councellors around the cork,kerry or limerick area?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

yeah its way too late for most/all CAO entry pathway institutions (UNi, IT ect)
    I think Jan/Feb is the closing date?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Nelly2

ondarack wrote: »
    does anyone know of any good career guidence councellors around the cork,kerry or limerick area?

You could ring the Mature Student Office of the colleges you are interested in applying to. They are a great source of information for Prospective Mature Students.

UCC has an Open Day coming up in October and an Information Evening for Prospective Mature Students in November.
    http://www.ucc.ie/en/mature/prospective/importantdates/
    These events are always worth attending, you can get a feel for the campus and can attend talks on the courses you might be interested in. You might also get a chance to speak to lecturers or to other Mature Students. The information Evening really details the CAO Application and there's reps and lots of info from the different Depts.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Have a look at this sticky http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055676871

If you go onto the CAO website it gives you a list of the courses each institution offers. Something might catch your eye.

Advertisement