Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CEREC crown prices

Options
  • 02-09-2020 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,702 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all

already had one done and was happy with the procedure and outcome but its pricey. I need another (and knew i would need one so its not a surprise).

Is 895 a fair price for a CEREC crown, one day treatment completion?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

For those that do not know what a Cerec crown is, it involves the tooth being prepared for a crown, a digital scan is then taken of the tooth and transferred to a milling machine which mills the crown out of a block of porcelain. The scanner/milling machine/diamond cutting burs and porcelain blocks are very expensive. So the customer is paying for the convenience of having the crown milled and fitted the day the tooth is prepared for the crown. Please do not compare with the cost of crowns made the standard way in a laboratory or the price of treatments in the North/abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,702 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Dav010 wrote: »
    For those that do not know what a Cerec crown is, it involves the tooth being prepared for a crown, a digital scan is then taken of the tooth and transferred to a milling machine which mills the crown out of a block of porcelain. The scanner/milling machine/diamond cutting burs and porcelain blocks are very expensive. So the customer is paying for the convenience of having the crown milled and fitted the day the tooth is prepared for the crown. Please do not compare with the cost of crowns made the standard way in a laboratory or the price of treatments in the North/abroad.

thanks, thats important context and the convenience of one day treatment is important to me as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Cyrus wrote: »
    thanks, thats important context and the convenience of one day treatment is important to me as well.

I will send you a PM Cyrus about this. I am not a big fan of Cerec Crowns.

Advertisement