Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What rules would you bring in if you were dictator?

Options
  • 14-07-2020 11:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭

Mine:

Probably a bit Hitler like
    • Anyone who becomes a member of, voices support for, funds or attempts or conspires to do any of the aforementioned to a Eurosceptic party will be imprisoned for a duration of my decision in an undisclosed location.
    • Anyone with a criminal conviction will be sterilised. Three or more convictions equals death.
    • If you're caught in public without a face covering you will be shot dead on sight.
    • Speeders will be crushed in their car.
    • If you close pass a cyclist you will be dropped into an elephant stampede to show you what it's like.
    • NWCI and pavee point abolished.
    • Traveller ethnic status removed
    • Abolish inheritance tax.
    • Abolish vat on bikes and cycling accessories.
    • Legalised killing burglars or trespassers.
    • Teachers union abolished, they will have to do admin work in the summer and pay capped at €40k and 22 days if annual leave like the rest of us.
    • Twitter to be banned. Bloggers, vloggers and influencers to the gas chamber.
    • Artificial sweeteners in drinks, foodstuffs, mouthwash, chewing gum to be banned. Possession, consumption or manufacturing or said will result in death by boiling in water.
    • Slot machines to be banned.

I'm aware the EU mightn't agreed with me :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,486 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I'd insist you remember your hatred of teachers in the enforcement of your regime.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭893bet

Reregs to be shot on sight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭maherhonda

If you pop out a child and can't afford to house it the child will be put up for adoption or you will be given a caravan by the state to live in. Social housing would be done away with. Pay your way or feck off, people are purposely popping out children to get a free house.

Anyone on the dole and are not actively seeking work every week there welfare will be cut altogether. Proof has to be uploaded every week and any interviews done will be sent onto dole office with feedback.

Traveller ethnic status removed.

That would be number one in my priorities.

Bring back the 10 pack of cigarettes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I'd bring back the original monster munch recipe

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

Luke Kelly statue immediately replaced with statue of Mr. Fegelien

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

Mine:

Probably a bit Hitler like
    • Anyone who becomes a member of, voices support for, funds or attempts or conspires to do any of the aforementioned to a Eurosceptic party will be imprisoned for a duration of my decision in an undisclosed location.
    • Anyone with a criminal conviction will be sterilised. Three or more convictions equals death.
    • If you're caught in public without a face covering you will be shot dead on sight.
    • Speeders will be crushed in their car.
    • If you close pass a cyclist you will be dropped into an elephant stampede to show you what it's like.
    • NWCI and pavee point abolished.
    • Traveller ethnic status removed
    • Abolish inheritance tax.
    • Abolish vat on bikes and cycling accessories.
    • Legalised killing burglars or trespassers.
    • Teachers union abolished, they will have to do admin work in the summer and pay capped at €40k and 22 days if annual leave like the rest of us.
    • Twitter to be banned. Bloggers, vloggers and influencers to the gas chamber.

I'm aware the EU mightn't agreed with me :pac:

Jesus Stalin, you put a worrying amount of thought into that list .... o^o

• Registered Users Posts: 81,448 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

My top ten...
    • Anyone with a double barrelled name would be reassigned the surname "Bellendia"
    • Wearing no socks or hidden socks while not wearing shorts will result in a permanent tatoo of a sock etched on your leg.
    • Any man who has hair that resembles a birds nest shall have an actual birds nest surgically embedded on their head.
    • If you can't position the L sticker on your car the correct way around you have a toe amputated to remind you.
    • Creation of a replica car model will result in a permanent ban on ever owning a car of any description for life.
    • Wearing of North Face lagging jackets in the middle of summer will result in your imprisonment from June to August in your local supermarkets chiller room.
    • Not having payment ready when your goods make their way through a checkout will result in seizure of all your assets and permission to only ever have access to €10 of cash at any given time.
    • Parking beside another car when there's 50 other spaces in the car park with no cars next to results in your car being crushed.
    • If you stop moving at the top of an escalator a nearby sniper will shoot you in the knee as a reminder to continue walking.
    • Adding a 'green' technology to your home where it won't make it's money back within 10 years banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Murders/rapists/pedos are to be castrated and have their eyes removed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

I'd only allow party members to own dogs. If you clean up and bin after your dog then you'd probably be a good candidate for the party.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,311 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Strict social distancing to be enforced in office toilets.

There is no reason other than some weird fetish to go into a cubicle beside someone else when there are three or four other empty ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Pubs would be kept closed
    5km lockdown re-introduced
    No plane or ferry in or out of the country carrying passengers

Corona virus cases will drop to 0 but I will go to my country retreat for a few weeks and circle around on a nice posh ride on lawnmower while everyone waits for me to emerge and start making statements again.

When unrest starts to build and pitchforks are being sharpened I'll lift all the lockdown rules, re-open all pubs with no closing time and no vat on the drinks, temporarily pedestrianise any streets that have more than a few pubs on them.

Few days later close all the pubs again to reduce the influx of alcohol poisoning victims arriving to the hospitals

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭El Tarangu

Ban chewing gum.

I wouldn't ban gambling altogether, but I would certainly introduce some draconian restrictions on how bookies operate shops and online.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Irish would be voluntary after 1 year, you can choose another subject like French chemistry that might actually be useful in the real world.
    Anyone that refuses child vaccination will lose children's allowance, and will have to inform the local school of the vaccination status of their child.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

riclad wrote: »
    Irish would be voluntary after 1 year, you can choose another subject like French chemistry that might actually be useful in the real world.
    Anyone that refuses child vaccination will lose children's allowance, and will have to inform the local school of the vaccination status of their child.
    Anyone that gets of a plane will have their temperature checked.
    A tax credit for anyone who buys an electric bike or a scooter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Lock up all the cyclist.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,873 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Lock up all the cyclist.

All of him ? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 ckerryman

No public money for NGO’s, Charities etc
    No public money for Ethic studies.
    Freedom of speech Law
    Complete overhaul of the Legal institutions and Profession.
    If RTE interviews someone on a subject, they must give time to an opposing viewpoint.
    A Right to self defense, (up to killing someone)
    No Civil Service Unions.
    And
    Only for purpose of pissing off Sinn Fein, I would legalize the ownership of ArmaLite AR-15’s semi-automatic rifles.
    Only members and supporters of other political parties could own them.

I don't believe in a monarchy but will make an exception. When I am king,

Everybody will be obliged to participate in Tidy Towns activities,
    Begin a Great Leap Forward in house-building; 1970s bungalows demolished with immediate effect.
    The National Lottery will be won nightly. All winners will come on television and donate their winnings back to the State. They will look happy about it.
    When I am king we will bring back penguins, grey wolves, oak forests, and heavy industry.
    The Angelus to be replaced by 1 hr of Sunday Miscellany, broadcast on loudspeakers.
    The national anthem will be The West's Awake, without the rowdy bits.

To suppress dissent, the Great Xanax Plant will be spinning her turbines day & night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,350 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

For starters.....

Fly tippers evicted from their homes and forced to live In tents on top of the city dump for six months.

People caught littering made to serve 6 months Community Service- picking up litter.

Ban all plastic bottles under 1.5litres

All plastic wrapping to be banned.

Corporation tax for the large corporate sugar peddlers - Eg Kinder, Cadbury’s, Haribo and Kellogg’s etc, Increased to 95%.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Spearmint Polo

All self confessed Liverpool supporters to be transferred by dingys to the South Pole without food until arrival.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,843 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Charities forced to amalgamate, multiple mom-and-pop charities for the same cause to be done away with.

Religious orders assets and properties to be confiscated, used for common good of surrounding community and/or sold to compensate victims of clerical abuse.

Free legal aid only available for limited number of appearances, serial offenders go fund it yourself or represent yourself in court.

RTE stripped of all fluff down to simply news, culture and current affairs. RTE comedy department sent to gulag in Cavan for reeducation.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

Assassinate all wanna be dictators, then fu¢king deport everybody from my Ireland, then I could live in peace and harmony all by myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Public flogging for anybody that plays youtube etc through their phone speaker on public transport.

Thats all I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,685 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

The introduction of "Titty Tuesday".

Women can walk around topless all day every Tuesday if they want. Anyone who does gets Friday off.

"Willy Wednesday" will not be introduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

Long standing rant of mine.

Call your child whatever you want, but there will be state provided spelling of the name.

No more Junathon, Kathryn, Shaun, or Muhammud

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

The introduction of "Titty Tuesday".

Women can walk around topless all day every Tuesday if they want. Anyone who does gets Friday off.

"Willy Wednesday" will not be introduced.

You could also have
    Wicked Wednesday
    Torturing Thursday.
    Fornicating Friday
    Stoning Saturday
    Silent Sunday
    Mayhem Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

A few idle things I will bring in straight-off when I am in charge:

All farming activity to cease and farmers
    to be given an 80k salary to do nothing every
    year - they can choose to bother working elsewhere in retail or teashops or not - it will be very good for the environment and river pollution & give wildlife a chance

Big fencing in and heated tent dome projects on some unwanted underused parts of the country like Monaghan and/orLeitrim - allow species in danger to have huge parts of it for habitat & breeding - African Elephants, Tigers etc. Should be interesting and also help keep rural crime down a bit.

September is usually nice - ban working in September apart for civil servants & teachers who will use the time to do proper school plans. Everyone to have the month off on full pay to give them time to enjoy Autumn and the bit of sunshine and recharge a bit.

Everyone who works and contributes to get a 3 week voucher to holiday outside of Ireland somewhere interesting or sunny and have to use this every year to give them a break from this country and a return on their taxes and bit of vitiman D.

Great big new skyscraper prisons to be built with lots of greenery outside to disguise them for the locals and no TV/internet/playstations . Lockdown at 5pm and up at dawn working breaking rocks for salling as gravel in garden centres or for graveyards or digging holes and then refilling them etc. No work no food. Families of prisoners allowed one letter a week or one zoom call from a garda station which be
    monotored. CAB to immediately investigate lifestyle of criminals families and sieze any unaccounted for assets and imprison if outside adults living off proceeds of crime.

No grey or juicy tracksuits or unkempt neck beards to be allowed.

Free 6 monthly dental trips compulsorary with all work needed paid for in full.

Shambolically dressed and unkempt people to be taken and given a makeover and new wardrobe voucher & their old wardrobe burned ( except for shoes).

All smoking and vapng to be punishable by removal of a lung, apart from pipe and cigar smoking which will be allowed

Compulsorary organ donation when dead ( unless theres a very good reason).

Three carers to be allocated to every family with a disabled or in need family member and a reasonable house of their choosing given to them.

A end to the well know social scams including free legal aid, so called babies for free house for life, working taxpayers supporting lifelong dole scroungers, and an end to the farce of itinerants veing paid to have 7 or 8 kids and being given ethnitic status and allowed never work. Round them up and onto the tills with them or data entering phone-numbers.

No more
    multiple pensions of 8-10k a month for politicians - one pension only of 3k a month payable from the age of 68.

Retirement state pension of 600 a week for everyone who has worked and contributed to society from the age of 50 if they should choose to want that.

Cyclists must use cycle lanes or have 2 week data entry punishment reeducation learning, with the itinerants.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,886 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Make cocaine easily available

Advertisement