Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank ufirst Gold Account

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭paddyjoe183

Has anyone gotten any discounts on their mortgages? Are the rates any good? Ive got my mortgage with another bank but would move if it was worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

insurance covers account holder and partner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

As a further FYI that I just found out - If you work for Apple or a number of other big companies (Multi-national & Indigenous) then you qualify for the ufirst account free of the monthly charge (as long as your wages are paid into the account)

You probably don't know, but you get a free uFirst account with these. What if you want to upgrade to a uFirst Gold? Is it €4 or €14 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

testicle wrote: »
    You probably don't know, but you get a free uFirst account with these. What if you want to upgrade to a uFirst Gold? Is it €4 or €14 ?

Full €14 :(

I've called the ufirstgold travel service twice now for holiday bookings for next year, on both occasions they stated they would need to ring around the companies and get back to me later that day but failed to do so on both occasions, not liking them to much so far!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ablelocks

does anyone know if the 25% off event tickets is confined to events listed on Ticketmaster?

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭swampy353

ablelocks wrote: »
    does anyone know if the 25% off event tickets is confined to events listed on Ticketmaster?

Unfortunately have to be booked through ticket master

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭brian_gall85

I've called the ufirstgold travel service twice now for holiday bookings for next year, on both occasions they stated they would need to ring around the companies and get back to me later that day but failed to do so on both occasions, not liking them to much so far!

RBS/Ulster Bank can't manage to run a bank properly so I'm not surprised...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Yes, you can get tickets at a reduced price of 25% off. The way it works is, you buy the tickets via their telephone or website booking service, and you'll get the 25% returned back onto your card.
    Get 25% cash-back for as many events as you like within the
    Republic of Ireland and the UK. The cash-back will appear in your
    online cash-back summary within five days of booking (subject
    to a successful payment transaction), and will be paid into your
    ufirst account within 30 days of your booking. You do not need
    to do anything to claim it.
    You call their telephone line, or login to the uFirst website for the special link to the tickets.

Discounted airlines are not included (Aer Lingus and Ryanair are out), but others are included. Package holidays are included, but some companies are exempt.

All companies must be able to take bookings, and any that aren't 'direct sellers' aren't included.
    This includes:

a) ‘Direct Sell’ Tour Operators (e.g. Trailfinders, E-Bookers, Center Parcs etc –
    holidays which cannot be booked through a travel agency)
    b) Non-UK based Low Cost Airlines and Ryanair
    c) Hotel stays and car-hire bookings of 31 days or longer
    d)Tickets for domestic ferry journeys or journeys not originating in the Republic of Ireland or the UK
    e) [Basically any of the following that don't take phone or website bookings...]

• Bed and breakfasts
    • Caravans and selected camp-sites
    • Chalets
    • Rental properties (such as privately owned apartments, flats, etc) unless
    booked with a tour operator
    • Time-shares
    • Non-sleeping rooms (such as conference or meeting rooms)
    • Health spas and health farms which do not accept bookings through
    Travel Agencies
    • Hotels which do not accept bookings through Travel Agencies
    • Rooms which are part of a block held by another company for conventions,
    special groups and/or incentive programmes
    • Rooms held by companies on a semi-permanent basis for use by
    their employees

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Yes, you can get tickets at a reduced price of 25% off. The way it works is, you buy the tickets via their telephone or website booking service, and you'll get the 25% returned back onto your card.

You call their telephone line, or login to the uFirst website for the special link to the tickets..

their website only links to ticketmaster. the event i want to get tickets for is only selling thru tickets.ie. I thought they were no longer doing telephone bookings so will call them in the morning and see. thanks anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭askU

their website only links to ticketmaster. the event i want to get tickets for is only selling thru tickets.ie. I thought they were no longer doing telephone bookings so will call them in the morning and see. thanks anyway.

Its ticketmaster ONLY

I was trying to sign my partner up to this, it would appear that new customers cant apply for a ufirstgold account anymore :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

New registrations finished for Republic of Ireland in January '14. Still available in the North I think

• Registered Users Posts: 11,376 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

New registrations finished for Republic of Ireland in January '14. Still available in the North I think

Yep. Not available in Ireland anymore for new customers. Even on the ticket booking page they don't list events in Ireland even though they'll give the cash back for tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭jhansynk10

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone who has used the cashback feature for ticketmaster here has received there refunds for cancelled Covid events? I had tickets to EP booked but as of yet no refund.

Many thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mydiscworld

jhansynk10 wrote: »
    Hi all, I was wondering if anyone who has used the cashback feature for ticketmaster here has received there refunds for cancelled Covid events? I had tickets to EP booked but as of yet no refund.

Many thanks in advance

Yes, but most have postponed not cancelled, so no refund unless you ask.

Got a refund for one gig automatically from Ticketmaster, which I had also got cashback on

Yeah the refunds are handled through Ticketmaster so once you've booked tickets and been refunded, Ufirst have nothing to do with the booking.

Yeah the refunds are handled through Ticketmaster so once you've booked tickets and been refunded, Ufirst have nothing to do with the booking.

Many thanks,
    Question, did your refund come through in one part (original amount) or two parts ((Original amount - Cashback) and Cashback amount).

Mine came through in two!

Many thanks,
    Question, did your refund come through in one part (original amount) or two parts ((Original amount - Cashback) and Cashback amount).

Mine came through in two!

For any refunded gigs, I get the full purchase price from ticketmaster although it's only in one payment. So a profit technically! Haha :)

Nice going, was wondering how they operated that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Made a profit of €50 on tickets back in the summer with a full refund from Ticketmaster that I had received 25% back on. I like to think of it as a balancing of the universe for all their sh1tty charges over the years...

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Bhangraman

Many thanks in advance

Thanks for resurrecting such an old thread where its not even possible to subscribe to the deal anymore (took me long enough to figure that out thanks to you...). Mod please expire.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

Bhangraman wrote: »
    Thanks for resurrecting such an old thread where its not even possible to subscribe to the deal anymore (took me long enough to figure that out thanks to you...). Mod please expire.

Where else would they have asked the question? It's hardly their fault that the deal hasn't been expired. Sounds like you're having a bad day - no need to take it out on others.

The thread name here isn't misleading, it's still technically a bargain for the people that can use it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭biebiebie

The thread name here isn't misleading, it's still technically a bargain for the people that can use it :)

Hopefully this isn't true so...
    https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2020/0917/1165887-natwest-ulster-bank-jobs/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Deagol

biebiebie wrote: »

Yeah :( . Most years I easily get more on the ticketmaster deal than I pay on the account charges. Best year ever was 4x Paul Simon tickets, 3x Mark Knopfler and 6x Queen tickets for myself plus I got some tickets for people I'm not admitting to as presents for family :D I think the total saving was ~€300 vs €120 account charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

Get a grip.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

all threads over 19 months should be deleted

bobbyy gee wrote: »
    all threads over 19 months should be deleted

Thanks for your insight after 27 days on Boards.

Anyway....

Will be interesting to see if the bargain/account will remain in place if UB gets sold off. If it gets wound down, it'll still take a few years so will likely get a bit longer out of it (albeit that most benefits are redundant with Covid! :D)

Will be a big loss losing that 25% cash back.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement