Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Historic Irish station data appeal from journalist

Options
  • 26-07-2011 1:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi
    I'm a freelance journalist for the UK and Ireland national newspapers. I'm trying to track down some Irish historical monthly stats (mainly mean temps and rainfall), to give historical context to current weather, now and in the future.

Met Eireann say this info would cost me thousands of euro, which I'm not in a position to pay. I've got a few historical stations' data (Dublin, Valentia, Malin Head), from the ECA&D website - but am keen to get hold of more stations' data to make my stories more accurate.

If you or anyone else would be able to pass on any of these stats, if possible in spreadsheet or similar format, please msg me (as opposed to posting on here). Pls point me in right direction if you know of someone else who might be able to provide some data.

Thank you! Note: This data is to provide historical background to weather articles ONLY - it will not be redistributed or used for any commercial/relicensing purpose.

Alistair Grant

Comments

Advertisement