Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung Galaxy Buds for FREE when moving to Vodafone & TopUp 20 Euro

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 JamesRLS

Has anyone done it and got the code yet

JamesRLS wrote: »
    Has anyone done it and got the code yet

Done it all, but no code. Customer support wouldn't have a clue about it either, so they're not help.

In fairness, it says up to 2 weeks for a code, but usually these things are almost immediate.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭jhammer

smilgy wrote: »
    Anyone else not receive their sim card yet? Ordered this on Monday and still no sight of it.

I ordered Tuesday night. Didnt get an email to confirm either so not sure how i would go about tracking should it come to it. Did anyone get an email to confirm?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

jhammer wrote: »
    I ordered Tuesday night. Didnt get an email to confirm either so not sure how i would go about tracking should it come to it. Did anyone get an email to confirm?
    I ordered the sim over the weekend arrived in the post yesterday (Wednesday). Didn't get a confirmation email.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭consulatory

DopeTech wrote: »
    I contacted them on live chat, gave them the order number and sim number and they activated it there and then..

Where is the live chat on their site? Can't see it anywhere.
    Tried talking to their phone customer service but yer man kept putting back to the same flippin menu every time i said i was porting a number. Absolutely useless

Really weird. Lost signal on Eir and text of vodafone about switching. but no Sim!

Where is the live chat on their site? Can't see it anywhere.
    Tried talking to their phone customer service but yer man kept putting back to the same flippin menu every time i said i was porting a number. Absolutely useless

downloaded the app -> dirtbags still have chat enabled through the app so got through to them in like 2 secs using that

Did anybody get this error when trying to top up for first time?

> The session is invalid or it may expired, if you were in middle of a payment, no charge has been made.
    Please login to your My Vodafone account again

Definitely logged in and still getting t. Tried Firefox, Edge etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭bromley52

Really weird. Lost signal on Eir and text of vodafone about switching. but no Sim!

Same here. I thought that was not supposed to happen until it's registered as delivered. Nightmare for anyone switching there own number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,896 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Did anybody get this error when trying to top up for first time?

> The session is invalid or it may expired, if you were in middle of a payment, no charge has been made.
    Please login to your My Vodafone account again

Definitely logged in and still getting t. Tried Firefox, Edge etc.

Same

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

Same

Contacted support and they said the account is not fully set up yet but it will be within 24 hours. Got my first sim setup fully and topped up so just waiting on the text to that phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Went for this, applied for port on Tuesday afternoon, got sim this morning.. it went live this evening and topped up about an hour ago.. so a wait and see for the message from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭pandaa

Just had a chat with CCE and they said 72 hours required. They gave 20e credit. What will I do with credit when i cannot make any calls and cannot receive any calls.

No phone for 3-4 days

pandaa wrote: »
    Just had a chat with CCE and they said 72 hours required. They gave 20e credit. What will I do with credit when i cannot make any calls and cannot receive any calls.

No phone for 3-4 days

If you go into a shop they will sort it on the spot for you.

Contacted support and they said the account is not fully set up yet but it will be within 24 hours. Got my first sim setup fully and topped up so just waiting on the text to that phone.

Finally managed to top up the 2nd sim so now just waiting on the text with the discount code. Hopefully that part goes a little more smooth. Vodafone really make hard work of the porting process. They could really learn a few things from gomo/48.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭bromley52

SIM arrived this morning. I checked I was on the X plan topped up, and made chargeable call. Now to wait for text.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭bren2001

bromley52 wrote: »
    SIM arrived this morning. I checked I was on the X plan topped up, and made chargeable call. Now to wait for text.

Mine arrived this morning as well. Waiting to be ported over.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Oathkeeper

Has anybody actually gotten the discount code yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

Sim finally started working after taking 2 days showing as not provisioned, chat wanted me to phone them but I couldn't get around to it. Topped up there . 14 day wait now I suppose. I assume once the codes start coming out, people will put it up here.

bromley52 wrote: »

How do you check the plan?

Ignore. I got sorted via vodafone chat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭epopnomis

My package arrived from vodafone today, everything but the sim card...
    :( JOKERS

epopnomis wrote: »
    My package arrived from vodafone today, everything but the sim card...
    :( JOKERS

It's very small. Check the bag again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭epopnomis

Have turned it inside and out, no joy... Ah well back onto vodaclowns again. :)

Sim arrived. Worked straight away. Topped up by 20e, that took an hour or two. Made a call/text and browsed data on web. 14 days countdown is on....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,624 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I'd say there may be a lot of annoyed people if they don't deliver on the Buds.

okidoki987 wrote: »
    I'd say there may be a lot of annoyed people if they don't deliver on the Buds.

Do they care. I have a sim with no incoming and outgoing. Twitter team is useless. Gave me 20e credit for next month which is a lie as no credit exists

What will I do with credit when cant make a call. SCAM. They planted it this way, why would they care

Do they care. I have a sim with no incoming and outgoing. Twitter team is useless. Gave me 20e credit for next month which is a lie as no credit exists

What will I do with credit when cant make a call. SCAM. They planted it this way, why would they care

Because of the grief they will get on Facebook, Twitter etc if it goes pear shaped.
    Big companies do not like get bad feedback and will try to avoid at all costs.
    I would guess there are lots of people porting to 48 and Gomo from Vodafone because of price so not clever by making a mess of getting people back.

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Because of the grief they will get on Facebook, Twitter etc if it goes pear shaped.
    Big companies do not like get bad feedback and will try to avoid at all costs.
    I would guess there are lots of people porting to 48 and Gomo from Vodafone because of price so not clever by making a mess of getting people back.

Hope so day 5 not working

Hope so day 5 not working

Your SIM isn't working? Go into a Vodafone shop and they will sort you on the spot.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Your SIM isn't working? Go into a Vodafone shop and they will sort you on the spot.

I did and Vodafone guy was surprised what I am doing at store
    Why cc sent me to store. He was nice and swapped sim.

Guess what...still no outgoing

VF is very funny...cost or dreaming for a 20e galaxy buds. I cant see myself getting one

• Advertisement

I am also seeing the "sim not provisioned" message more than 72 hours after receiving the sim. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

VF is very funny...cost or dreaming for a 20e galaxy buds. I cant see myself getting one

I lost all faith in store after filling a form to add additional name to my broadband connection...spent 30 mins to figure out how its done.

Icing on cake is name addition was never done nor it could be traced anywhere !! I think they are being bought by someone soon and i am not surprised !

Mine worked for me as soon as he swapped out the SIM. I was on to 3 different online Customer Care reps and none could get the SIM working, so that was the only option I was given.

The guy in the shop said that my number was ported across and active, but the SIM just wasn't working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭omega42

Has anybody just ordered a gomo/48 sim then just transfer it over, Im already on vodofone

omega42 wrote: »
    Has anybody just ordered a gomo/48 sim then just transfer it over, Im already on vodofone

Bear in mind that this has been added to the terms of the offer:
    Effective from 16 October 2020:
    Customers moving from Tesco /48 are not eligible to avail of this offer.

I used an Eir SIM for mine.

omega42 wrote: »

I ported over a recruiter sim that hadn't been activated. It failed the first time but Vodafone retried it and it worked so not sure if 48 refused it the first time or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭omega42

A sh1T, Thanks Basil3

Ordered a Eir Sim :)

Quote:
    They better honor mine that ported over on Friday, it wasn't a condition when I signed up last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭Spn744

I used an Eir SIM for mine.

Where do you see the new terms? Can’t see to find the change about 48 sims. Thanks

• Advertisement

Spn744 wrote: »
    Where do you see the new terms? Can’t see to find the change about 48 sims. Thanks

https://n.vodafone.ie/terms/offers.html

Under the Samsung Buds offer

B'tards.
    I'd say that will knock out a good few people getting these if 48 won't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 JamesRLS

since the terms went into effect 16th oct onwards, people who ported before that should be fine id presume?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭lordsheepface

Whats the logic of excluding tesco and 48?

These are the t&c's for the offer.
    The last line is only valid since Friday 16th so anyone who has ordered before then should get their buds but it's a moving the goalposts decision and won't be appreciated.
    So 18 days into the offer, Vodafone have decided to change the t&c's and remove 2 operators from the list.
    Also in the t&c's, it states it is "Students" offer?
    Free Samsung Galaxy Wireless Ear Buds when you switch to Vodafone X (without a handset) Online Promotion Campus Tour September/October 2020 Terms and Conditions
    These terms and conditions apply to the promotional offer pursuant to which students can receive a set of free Samsung Galaxy Wireless Ear Buds (worth €139 RRP) if they (i) switch to Vodafone X from another network (excluding Lyca Mobile), using our online channel, without the purchase of a handset, and (ii) top up by €20 or more in one go (the “Offer”). These terms will apply in addition to the General Terms and Conditions under which you enjoy access to Vodafone's Mobile Telecommunications Services (found here: https://n.vodafone.ie/terms/pay-as-you-go.html) and any applicable service specific terms.
    - This Offer is available to Eligible Customers only. Eligibility is determined in accordance with the terms and conditions.
    - Eligible Customers means new student customers who port to Vodafone X from another network provider (excluding Lyca Mobile) using our online channel. This Offer excludes Vodafone customers moving from any other Vodafone plan to Vodafone X. This Offer excludes customers moving from any other network to Vodafone X who also purchase a handset.
    - To avail of this Offer, Eligible Customers must; (i) successfully port to Vodafone X from another network (excluding Lyca Mobile), using our online channel, between the dates of 28th September 2020 to 30th October 2020 inclusive, (ii) top up by at least €20 or more within 14 days of the request to port, and (iii) have used their phone in one of the following ways: make an outgoing phone call, send a text message or avail of data services within 14 days of the request to port.
    - Eligible Customers who satisfy the Offer conditions will receive a unique code via SMS within 14 days of satisfying the above criteria, along with instructions on how to redeem their free Samsung Galaxy Wireless Ear Buds on the online Vodafone accessories portal (https://www.vodafonefaf.ie/collections/free-galaxy-buds-2019-sep-2020). The code will remain valid for 7 days at which point it will expire.
    - Customers who believe they satisfy the Offer conditions but who have not received a code via SMS must contact Vodafone customer care by 30th November 2020 to investigate or they will be deemed to have forfeited any and all entitlements pursuant to this Offer. Vodafone’s determination in respect thereof shall be final.
    - Strictly one Offer per customer/account/household/IP address.
    - Once the order process is complete, the free Samsung Galaxy Wireless Ear Buds will be delivered to the customer’s provided address on the Vodafone accessories portal within 5 working days.
    - This Offer cannot be claimed in conjunction with any other Vodafone offer, including but not limited to the Vodafone X Refer a Friend programme. For the avoidance of doubt, customers who join Vodafone X as referees through the Refer a Friend programme are not eligible to receive free Samsung Galaxy Wireless Ear Buds pursuant to this Offer but this does not exclude students who avail of this Offer from subsequently partaking in the Vodafone X Refer a Friend programme as referrers.
    - The Samsung Galaxy Wireless Ear Buds cannot be exchanged for cash.
    - This Offer is strictly subject to availability and while stocks last.

Turning into an absolute shambles.

• Advertisement

Whats the logic of excluding tesco and 48?

I'd guess more applications than they were expecting which is probably due to this thread! ;)

Very bad form from Vodafone. I ordered the sim on the 16th so hopefully it is still valid but I won’t be topping up by €20 until I get confirmation that I’ll still get the offer and I’d recommend anyone else to do the same from 48/Tesco.

It feels to me like a €20 raffle for a chance to win the earbuds rather than guaranteed item.

Spn744 wrote: »
    Very bad form from Vodafone. I ordered the sim on the 16th so hopefully it is still valid but I won’t be topping up by €20 until I get confirmation that I’ll still get the offer and I’d recommend anyone else to do the same from 48/Tesco.

It feels to me like a €20 raffle for a chance to win the earbuds rather than guaranteed item.

I'd say you're fine if you went through the signup process and got the text through to the number you're porting from. That's probably the only place it could fail if they're blocking ports from certain networks.

Their pixel 3a offer said you couldn't port from Lyca, and multiple people did, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. It's just a safer bet to port from Eir or something.

I'd say you're fine if you went through the signup process and got the text through to the number you're porting from. That's probably the only place it could fail if they're blocking ports from certain networks.

Their pixel 3a offer said you couldn't port from Lyca, and multiple people did, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. It's just a safer bet to port from Eir or something.

Thanks for the info. Hopefully all will be good because it’s an amazing offer to be fair!

Would imagine because the sim is free, people would use 48 if they didn't want to port their own numbers over.
    Any there any other free sims around?

• Advertisement
Advertisement