Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dewalt Drill / Impact driver combo with 2 x 2.0ah batteries - £119

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Alfagtamini

dodzy wrote: »

I have these. Surprisingly good and light. Haven't used my 18v set in 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,088 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

dodzy wrote: »

Is 10.8v going to be powerful enough for anything other than screwing stuff and wood drilling?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Hmmm not sure how much a bargain. These would be bottom rung DeWalt. Similar money others marques would get you better power and possibly brush less.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

listermint wrote: »
    Hmmm not sure how much a bargain. These would be bottom rung DeWalt. Similar money others marques would get you better power and possibly brush less.

For one unit, yes. Not for 2. They are surprisingly powerful and light as hell.very able bits of kit, believe me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

GreeBo wrote: »
    Is 10.8v going to be powerful enough for anything other than screwing stuff and wood drilling?

The only thing the drill will have issue with is masonry but we all know for stone work, regular drills at this price point are pretty useless - a cheap sds for that kind of work is the only way. The impact driver is plenty capable too. Many diyers would not have had the pleasure of using one. A must for any toolbox imo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GinSoaked

Ignore anyone who says these are under powered they are great for DIY work and will handle a lot more. The impact driver will quite happily drive 6 x 150mm screws.

Edit> Also a good deal as you'll pay at least €200 for that kit in many retail outlets here and I've seen it as high as €250.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭chillyspoon

listermint wrote: »

I agree - I've been wondering over the last few years if DeWalt are saving money on design, tooling and manufacture by producing two near identical sets of products in their bottom tier; branding one set with their traditionally DIY/budget Black & Decker marque for the big box stores and the other with their usually "pro" DeWalt marque as a way of hitting the budget tier of more knowledgeable buyers who would usually rule out B&D by default at a big box store. It would save them a fortune up front as well as providing gateway products into the longer term pro lines for those starting out - e.g. apprentices who wouldn't be caught dead with a B&D on-site but would happily pay the same or a little more for an identical tool in DeWalt wrapping paper!

Advertisement