Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AApple Watch Series 5 (GPS + Cellular, 40mm) - Silver Aluminium/White Sport - €453

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

The cellular version is pointless in Ireland though isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Pacifico wrote: »

Yeah i was not aware of that....Vodafone does not support it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Pacifico wrote: »

Yeah, there are no operators who support e-sims

Expired anyways !

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jontr

When a watch for 450EUR is posted as a bargain :O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

jontr wrote: »
    When a watch for 450EUR is posted as a bargain :O
    Let me guess your phone tells the time. It's ok to pass up on thread here. It was a bargain due to the RRP being £499 unfortunately it has expired.

Happens all the time with brand name bargain alerts.

No, my watch shows the time. And weather. And my heartrate. And reminders. And BTC prices. And lots of other things.
    The point is 450EUR for a watch that normally costs 500EUR is more like good deal than a bargain. But that's only me.

No, my watch shows the time. And weather. And my heartrate. And reminders. And BTC prices. And lots of other things.
    The point is 450EUR for a watch that normally costs 500EUR is more like good deal than a bargain. But that's only me.

£499 (€593) RRP
    £379 (€453) on BA

It's over €100 off, it's a pity it's expired but it's still a bargain. In your case a Renault Clio is a bargain at its RRP because it gets to A-to-B the same as a Porsche 911.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭the.red.baron

is anything ever sold at RRP really though

look its up there now at 569 reduced from 599

bargain

and its basically useless here

so bargain

no

is anything ever sold at RRP really though

look its up there now at 569 reduced from 599

bargain

and its basically useless here

so bargain

no
    Apple products, yes, the majority of the time are sold at RRP.

• Advertisement

£499 (€593) RRP
    £379 (€453) on BA

It's over €100 off, it's a pity it's expired but it's still a bargain. In your case a Renault Clio is a bargain at its RRP because it gets to A-to-B the same as a Porsche 911.

No, in my case Tesla Model S would be a bargain, cause it runs on electricity and is as fast and at the same more practical on a daily basis than Porsche 911 at 3/4 of the price of Porsche.
    And it would still take me from A to B.

Jokes aside - I would still call it rather good deal than a bargain. A bargain would be if that watch was sold half price.

No, in my case Tesla Model S would be a bargain, cause it runs on electricity and is as fast and at the same more practical on a daily basis than Porsche 911 at 3/4 of the price of Porsche.
    And it would still take me from A to B.

Jokes aside - I would still call it rather good deal than a bargain. A bargain would be if that watch was sold half price.

But 20% off a game controller is a bargain in your opinion?

Both the game controller and this deal are bargains. I don't care for Apple watches myself, I have a cheaper smartwatch that does everything it does, but this is the cheapest price that this particular version has ever been of the world's most popular smartwatch. It is by definition a bargain alert, regardless of whether you (and I) think the watch is overpriced or not.

Nope, it's not a bargain, and that's why I didn't post it - I replied to a post by other user, which advised that those controllers are at this price in Argos (only selected ones), while Currys had them at the same price no matter what version.

But ok, I give up.

Nope, it's not a bargain, and that's why I didn't post it - I replied to a post by other user, which advised that those controllers are at this price in Argos (only selected ones), while Currys had them at the same price no matter what version.

But ok, I give up.

It's ok, I see that you are of a particular mindset that won't be changed. I also see from a quick glance through your 8 year history that you've posted only one bargain alert (where you have posted a very similar deal about smartwatches with a similar price difference to this deal), with a large portion of your other comments criticising other people's posts for not being truly "bargains" in your mind.

Perhaps, in the future, if you think a bargain alert is not up to your standard, just don't comment and move on?

Anyway, back to bargains... :)

It's sold out and no longer available at that price..hence proved it was a bargain...mods pls close the thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭wetoutside19

It's ok, I see that you are of a particular mindset that won't be changed. I also see from a quick glance through your 8 year history that you've posted only one bargain alert (where you have posted a very similar deal about smartwatches with a similar price difference to this deal), with a large portion of your other comments criticising other people's posts for not being truly "bargains" in your mind.

Perhaps, in the future, if you think a bargain alert is not up to your standard, just don't comment and move on?

Anyway, back to bargains... :)

Well said, too many jontr’s on this forum driving away contributors

Advertisement