Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 9)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

I love soup but don't have any, I usually get the Avonmore ones.I had one chicken ball lol,curry sauce and a few homemade chips,a few roasted peanuts, a tiny square of dark chocolate that I got free with a coffee today..nothing is hitting the spot but the calories are mounting up.

That is such an odd mix of eats! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭triona1

Im in a time zone of boards.whats the story with this?

She's allowed out 🙈😊😊😅😅

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,401 ✭✭✭thomil

I love soup but don't have any, I usually get the Avonmore ones.I had one chicken ball lol,curry sauce and a few homemade chips,a few roasted peanuts, a tiny square of dark chocolate that I got free with a coffee today..nothing is hitting the spot but the calories are mounting up.

Interesting combination, that's for sure :D I'm sticking with a simple "I survived Monday" coffee here in my home office.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,952 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Welcome to The Matrix Triona.

You have encountered The Glitch :)

So tired , yet if I go to bed I won't sleep , annoying .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,985 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Mam of 4 wrote: »

So tired , yet if I go to bed I won't sleep , annoying .

Snap, but I'm in bed. I did put the phone down but still restless, so obviously phone is back in my hand, ffs

That is such an odd mix of eats! :D

And now I've had peanut butter spooned straight from the jar ffs...I kinda know what the issue is,I've a big sharing bag of Keoghs crisps and a pack of purple snacks stashed in a safe place, I don't want to start on them or I wont stop so I'm eating everything else instead..makes no sense I know lol.

Mam,I'm going into absolute comas every night for the last 2 weeks and generally going to bed very early for me and that's after usually falling asleep on the couch as soon as I sit down, its bizarre because I usually wake once or twice during the night, on the plus side I'm feeling great,still not a morning person but getting up no problem..bet I'll jinx myself now by actually writing this down, when I wrote about the alcohol reduction last week I was back on it the following night and went out (only for a couple in fairness)Saturday night and last night .Weird.

And now I've had peanut butter spooned straight from the jar ffs...I kinda know what the issue is,I've a big sharing bag of Keoghs crisps and a pack of purple snacks stashed in a safe place, I don't want to start on them or I wont stop so I'm eating everything else instead..makes no sense I know lol.

I keep hearing about these “sharing” bags of crisps. They don’t exist! They’re ALLLLLL for me!!! Just have one snack and a hand full of delicious tasty Keogh’s crisps!!! Mmmm :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Mam,I'm going into absolute comas every night for the last 2 weeks and generally going to bed very early for me and that's after usually falling asleep on the couch as soon as I sit down, its bizarre because I usually wake once or twice during the night, on the plus side I'm feeling great,still not a morning person but getting up no problem..bet I'll jinx myself now by actually writing this down, when I wrote about the alcohol reduction last week I was back on it the following night and went out (only for a couple in fairness)Saturday night and last night .Weird.

What's this 'sharing' bag you speak of?
    Is it one of those makey up things such as 'leftover' wine??

Bedside with some cookies and white chocolate ice cream

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

triona1 wrote: »
    Any room in the inn?

welcome along :)

I'm bedside, got a few days off (unexpectantly) so thinking what I'm gonna do

Mam! You found me xx
    Ill read back duvet has gossx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Knock knock
    :D

Me phone is in a jock

Beside. Watching Chicago PD and reading about an exam I’m looking at doing.. another one.. because I have nothing better to do with my time :D I should be asleep.. or at least trying to sleep..

triona1 wrote: »
    Mam! You found me xx
    Ill read back duvet has gossx

Never knew you were lost ... ?

Banned ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,265 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Good Morning all and greetings from BASEL SWITZERLAND, originally came here for 15 hours but now on day 5 :):)

But all good things come to an end, departing today at midday for a 5 hour jaunt south.

Hope you all have an awesome day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

I'm going to take a sebaticle today, feeling rough, chesty and clogged up, probably a bit of a cold.
    But my appetite is fine, breakfast ate.
    Unlike me though, I'm going back to bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :)

Nice to see some new faces around the place :)

Kitchenside

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭4Ad

Im off carbs for the last 33 hours..
    I dreamt of toast and porridge all night, I am awake since 6.30 am thinking of toast and porridge.
    I am on boards typing about toast and porridge.
    I am going through carb withdrawls...
    I am due to do this carb depletion for 3 days, I think 2 days will do..before I lose my mind !!

Good morning all' enjoy the toast !!

Kids fed & washed & one deposited at playschool.
    Now I'm sitting in a car park watching clothes getting dried in tumble driers.
    The glamour!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Carbs are my best friend and holy saviour.
    You would not believe the difference in me since I started the high carbohydrates diet 2 weeks ago.I looked like the wreck of the Hesperis, now I look 20. Honestly, love those carbs back. You know youre made for each other.

So anyway

Homeside and very happy. My wedding in May looked like it had been bombed to smithereens but we have reunited.

Deskside. Had some seriously bizarre dreams last night and twice woke up convinced the beings in my dreams were actually in my room... weird..

I have Nine Inch Nails - Pretty Hate Machine entertaining my ears this morning after seeing a post in another thread about their Woodstock 94 perfomance. It's nice to be reminded of great tunes.

I am having palpitations today and feeling panicky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭4Ad

Any particular reasons KG ??

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Oh yikes *hugs*

I am floating. Floating in a cloud.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Deskside, at work. Up to my eyeballs...

Umm something isn’t right :) they have 4 hours to fix it or I’m back to the hotel again 😀

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

smurfjed wrote: »
    Umm something isn’t right :) they have 4 hours to fix it or I’m back to the hotel again 😀

A loose left falangee?? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Dave Angel

I am floating. Floating in a cloud.

Please don't piss down on us. I've had enough of rain. And definitely don't poo... :pac:

4Ad wrote: »
    Any particular reasons KG ??

I don't really know. My mam has been in respite and I am back caring from today. Maybe that's it. Didn't feel it really but could be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

At work. But lets not be worrying about that.

Awaiting psych appointment, first one in a while. Please go easy on me new guy.

Fireside, sleepy. Got a bottle of organic wine for tonight, so long since I drank, I feel wary of it. Like it's a class A drug. Looking forward to my evening to myself.

Poo number two. I thought it was appropriate ye should know.

What's the story with Boards and it's backend server today... $hitting of a bed of 403 errors?!? :(

Dave Angel wrote: »
    Poo number two. I thought it was appropriate ye should know.

May be more suited to the "what's the etiquette here" thread :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Deskside dossing. :D

Cooking dinner looking out a very grey sky , full of rain at the moment .

Survived, yay!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Deskside at work, getting through the workload of the day, especially my input into an upcoming course review and strategy meeting. Only had one class to give today but a mountain of admin things to do. A few phone calls to make, updating class assignment schedules for the semester and then I am out of here...

The fact that it's now still bright until nearly 6pm is great - a real mood lifter! :)

• Advertisement

My arse has just met the couch and they shall spend the evening conjoined.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

College car park, in a queue waiting to get out of said car park. Meeting someone in town for dinner which should be nice, if I ever move from this one spot again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Just home from work, fed the machine and I'll go for a 1.5km swim at about 7pm.

Lovely stretch in the evenings now, can't wait for some decent open water swims soon. I took a dip after a 5k beach run during Storm Denis, it was glorious :)

Can't wait for summer, hope its a great one for us all :)

Listening to Radiohead's The Bends album while prepping dinner. Haven't listened to it in a long time. What a fooking great album.

Guess where I am ????

Basel Switzerland, we ran out of work hours before they fixed the machine.

Then had a funny discussion as I checked into a different hotel, went to a small room and straight back to reception to say that the room wasn’t a junior suite, “yes sir it is, you might be used to bigger rooms in the USA”, went back to the room again and made a video of the room, back downstairs where I got a “sorry Sir, we gave you 232 rather than 323”. Junior suites for one person is kinda an extravagance, but if the company is gonna pay for it, I’m gonna chase it.

I am doing my will. I must be getting old. Feels dead grownup to be doing my will.

smurfjed wrote: »
    Guess where I am ????

Basel Switzerland, we ran out of work hours before they fixed the machine.

Then had a funny discussion as I checked into a different hotel, went to a small room and straight back to reception to say that the room wasn’t a junior suite, “yes sir it is, you might be used to bigger rooms in the USA”, went back to the room again and made a video of the room, back downstairs where I got a “sorry Sir, we gave you 232 rather than 323”. Junior suites for one person is kinda an extravagance, but if the company is gonna pay for it, I’m gonna chase it.

If you get a cheaper room your company might save money :)

I've just seen a Boards love match thing in After Hours and I know nobody on it. I think they are people whose posts I thanked in pictures threads. It's bad enough not havin an actual fella but when you can't get a virtual reality one it's time to hang up the auld boots.

Just climbed into bed. Could hardly bother to take my boots off.
    Head's a whirlin', but not from alcohol. Hoping to sleep.well, badly need it.
    Smiling at the previous post about boots, crossposted at same time

• Advertisement

If you get a cheaper room your company might save money
    True, but there are other ways they can do that without impacting me :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement