Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dermot Bannon is remodeling your house, what would/wouldn't you allow him to do?

Options
  • 17-09-2019 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,279 ✭✭✭✭

I'd be open enough to large windows and sliding doors because you can always get blinds. I'd like a small living room tough.
    I wouldn't like wooden floors in the kitchen and uncomfortable boxy/square couches.

Dermot Bannon is remodeling your house, what would/wouldn't you allow him to do?

Comments

I wouldn't let him in the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

Do whatever he wants, what's the point in paying to get him in if your not going to listen to him

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

I'd try not to let him make a spa out of me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I was just going to say the same. He wouldn't get within a ass's roar of the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,314 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,248 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Come up with something other than a two cube design in white and grey?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I’d let the door hit him in the arsé on the way out.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 StolenKrone

bailey shwing in the kitchen

• Registered Users Posts: 16,092 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I was just going to say the same. He wouldn't get within a ass's roar of the house.

Or mine !

• Registered Users Posts: 30,279 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

razorblunt wrote: »
    I’d let the door hit him in the arsé on the way out.

It would be a sliding door. So, you could squish him!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,467 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I'd end up with an inner courtyard, a flat roofed extension, a folding glass wall to let light in and make the outside space part of the living area, concrete floors, a plywood kitchen and a €150k overspend.

Of course, I wouldn't want any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Well, gloryholes would be essential and I have a great love for a stainless steel jacks. Other than that I probably wouldn't allow him to make a TV show on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,404 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Steps in the bloody open space living/kitchen area. Fcuking steps everywhere in his bloody designs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

The wife!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

Amen. Can't abide him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

The walls of the jacks made of glass.

KevRossi wrote: »
    Steps in the bloody open space living/kitchen area. Fcuking steps everywhere in his bloody designs.

I remember there was one house with an old lady and he put a steep step at the entrance to the living room.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,467 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I remember there was one house with an old lady and he put a steep step at the entrance to the living room.

Was that not the one where the blonde wan shoved the mother in law into the opposite end of her own house to the one she wanted? Then insisted on a door to keep her there? Think the husband was a GAA player and his medals were hidden in the study.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

KevRossi wrote: »

What gets me about shows like this and Grand Designs is the amount of people who don’t put bannisters on the stairs. Literally anyone can miss a step or slip on stairs. I can’t fathom sacrificing safety in the name of aesthetics. Work the bannister into the design, people! Challenge yourselves to make it fit the look.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

What gets me about shows like this and Grand Designs is the amount of people who don’t put bannisters on stairs. Literally anyone can miss a step or slip on stairs. I can’t fathom sacrificing safety in the name of aesthetics. Work the bannister into the design, people! Challenge yourselves to make the it fit the look.

I will NOT hear a word said against Grand Designs!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

honeybear wrote: »
    I will NOT hear a word said against Grand Designs!

I love Grand Designs. It’s great. But I have plenty to say about many of the houses.

Was that not the one where the blonde wan shoved the mother in law into the opposite end of her own house to the one she wanted? Then insisted on a door to keep her there? Think the husband was a GAA player and his medals were hidden in the study.

No, it wasn't that episode.
    That woman asked to be left at one end of the house and Dermot put her at the other.

My favorite episode was the one with Sarah-Jane!
    sarah-jane-bennett-room-to-improve.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

My favorite episode was the one with Sarah-Jane!
    sarah-jane-bennett-room-to-improve.jpg

Was that the bath one?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,394 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I'd let him practice on the neighbours house and if I liked it I'd let him do mine.

honeybear wrote: »
    Was that the bath one?

Yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,827 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Nothing.
    Design wankery for people with more money than sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,933 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

The walls of the jacks made of glass.

I’m currently in a hotel room in Bulgaria that has a clear glass wall on the bathroom:

48751054683_cff7377455_z.jpg

You press a button and it goes opaque. But they don’t tell you about the button (it’s hidden behind towels), I spent the first day wondering what kind of freak designed a room that let you see the toilet from the bed. Even though I’m here on my own, it freaked me out.

48751054213_fcd8abd30a_z.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Well, gloryholes would be essential and I have a great love for a stainless steel jacks. Other than that I probably wouldn't allow him to make a TV show on it.

Perhaps compliment that with a couple of coin operated erotic video cabins, with a utility close by for storage of the jizz mop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Perhaps compliment that with a couple of coin operated erotic video cabins, with a utility close by for storage of the jizz mop.

Now, now. Lets not make it distasteful. The other side of the gloryhole would obviously take care of any jizz cleaning issues.

Advertisement