Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easter Egg Deals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Loaded up on 15 today. Had to go in and out 3 times as I had no bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

judeboy101 wrote: »
    5 for 5 in Tesco this morn 15 egg limit
    Seen a store in D7 that had 30 egg limit

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Loaded up on 15 today. Had to go in and out 3 times as I had no bag.

last year I just used one of the trays that the eggs came in.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

• Registered Users Posts: 12,412 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Local Tesco has empty shelves. What are people doing with all that chocolate?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

our tesco only did the 5 for 5euro on saturday. missed it and all those eggs gone..sob.

will have to stick with the 3 for 5euro. love easter eggs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭Doge

TheDriver wrote: »

easter-world-record-stuck-creme-eggs-up-my-bum-how-9721622.png

• Registered Users Posts: 12,422 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

TheDriver wrote: »

Mine only has the stupid oreo eggs. They aren't even real Cadburys.
    The fact that hundreds of them still adorn the shelves suggest they're not the most popular.

Looking at last years threads aldi had "mediums" at 99cent so might happen again.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057840573&page=2

Supervalu have 3 for €5

https://shop.supervalu.ie/shopping/search/allaisles?q=easter%20egg#in-offer-1218423

• Registered Users Posts: 30,272 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The eggs with the mugs and larger eggs are 2 for €8 at Tesco now!

• Advertisement

Debenhams!
    56196576_10217824957192739_5485864781178994688_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub2-2.fna&oh=5cbb8c7ab4bdc3673fd49f975bdeb376&oe=5D129A71

• Registered Users Posts: 7,543 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Like foook were they €17 there the right price now not a bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 51,147 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Lol, who the feck was ever paying 17e for one of them?

Like foook were they €17 there the right price now not a bargain

They normally range from €10+.
    €8.50 is generally about the cheapest you'd get those eggs unless you met some trying to sell them off.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Debenhams, so funny :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Got lovely large Cadbury eggs in debenhams last week for €8.50.

Last year I think the best prices on the large eggs were still about twice the price of the small ones best prices.

e.g. the XL creme egg one comes with 5 eggs and a ~300g egg. For a fiver you could get 5 small ones with 5 creme eggs and 500g of chocolate egg.

Of course it would be odd to be handing over a load of eggs but I would prefer them, the moment that 300g egg is opened its a gonner!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,543 ✭✭✭kingshankly

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Like the one on the photo on the thread ?
    They are roughly €10-€11 in Tesco regular price with loads of stock and I’m expecting an offer for them soon ;)
    I live across the border and they are £7(€8)in my local spar from day one and that’s not a special or anything
    The smaller eggs(medium) were 75p in Tesco in newry a few weeks ago people were taking them out on pallets 😂😂

I live across the border and they are £7(€8)in my local spar from day one and that’s not a special or anything
    That is cheap though. I can see in the UK tesco £10, Asda £8, morrisons £8, waitrose £8

the cheapest I see the mediums is £1.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Debenhams are ridiculous at setting alleged high RRPs then cutting it down to “50% off” to appear like a bargain. They did the same all over their stores particularly with small electrical and household stuff. No one in their right mind would pay €17 for those hence set to 50% and appear like a bargain. Retail psychology 101!

• Advertisement

road_high wrote: »
    Debenhams are ridiculous at setting alleged high RRPs then cutting it down to “50% off” to appear like a bargain. They did the same all over their stores particularly with small electrical and household stuff. No one in their right mind would pay €17 for those hence set to 50% and appear like a bargain. Retail psychology 101!

I think everybody knows this about Debenhams at this stage!

road_high wrote: »
    Debenhams are ridiculous at setting alleged high RRPs then cutting it down to “50% off” to appear like a bargain.
    Tesco do this too in Ireland. Not sure about the UK but here you have to have something at a price for a certain length of time before you can legally declare/advertise it is reduced. Might be 28days.

Some people just grab any alleged offer. I remember seeing auld ones snapping up stupidly priced eggs in tesco a while back.

Those eggs were 15.99 in tesco and now reduced to 12euro, stupid price when a fiver got you the same amount of creme eggs and 200g more chocolate last week. The time limit might be part of the reason you see them stocked so early, and often just a few on the shelf.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,278 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Robenhams!

Rip off!

People tend to buy eggs that have the wow factor to impress kids and look better than the other relatives rather that worry about the price per kilo of chocolate they are getting, as the years go on the eggs are more of a rip off and the ratio of cardboard to chocolate is mad, from the 21st of April the recycling bins will be packed

They’ve actually gotten relatively cheaper- Easter eggs were damn expensive in the 90s. There was no 3 for €5 or anything like that.

Tesco opened near us in 2004. a medium Easter eggs were 3 for €10 and people were delighted with the offer.
    You got a decent size egg and one or two bars.

The prices may be lower but there is feck all in them, it’s all packaging and the quality of the chocolate isn’t as good

There wasn’t a whole lot then either- the packaging has actually improved- used be a big heavy plastic insert back in the day. Now it’s all just cardboard paper in most of them

The chocolate eggs were much thicker year ago (1980’s) and the goodies inside made it more appealing for children, now they are too thin the quality of chocolate is poor and if there are treats they are along side the egg as it’s cheaper to produce, the market if flooded with crap eggs for way too long these days

Even up until the mid 2000's you used at least get a decent size bar or even bars.

Even up until the mid 2000's you used at least get a decent size bar or even bars.

Yea but you paid a lot more. They were never 3 for €5 or £4. More like that each in fact

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭amber2

Supervalu tomorrow :

48 Hour Special - Thursday & Friday Only, Mix & Match Any 3 for €3 on Cadbury, Mars or Nestlé Medium Easter Eggs. Grab them quick!

• Advertisement

Pay less for less and people think it’s a deal :confused:
    I’d prefer to pay regular price for the eggs that were around years ago
    not sure what prices you remember but I am certainly paying less for far more than I got years ago. You can get eggs of a similar size to what they called a "medium" years ago. I think those would be around the same ratio of price as they were in the 80s or 90s, i.e. ratio comparing them to retail prices of the bars they have.

Now for 2 euro you are getting 2 bars and 200g chocolate (2 medium eggs). I think that is the size that I would have known as "medium" in the 80s, and I think the cheapest back then was £2.50 punts. I am not sure those eggs even were 200g, it could be the "creme egg effect" remember the size in your smaller hand as a kid. There would be old photos of boxes about with weight.

I remember being jealous as a family round the corner were allowed to just get loads of chocolate bars instead if they wanted, and they got way more. After begging I was allowed do something similar, rule was I had a set amount of money and had to get mainly easter stuff, so got the best value egg and rakes of creme eggs and some bars.
    People tend to buy eggs that have the wow factor to impress kids and look better than the other relatives rather that worry about the price per kilo of chocolate they are getting
    I was acknowledging that some might want big ones of course. When I was a kid it was a numbers game too, some kids might prefer to get 5 small eggs instead of 1 costing the same price.

I think many do not even consider price per kilo as they assume it will cost more than single bars or mulitpacks, logically it should be, but its not anymore. This was always the case when I was growing up. Same with selection boxes, there is no reason they should be cheaper than mulitpacks as you should be paying for all the packaging, transport, additional shelf space etc -plus the fact they used to just fleece you as you had to get them for the kids regardless. But only in more recent years this is not the case.

I remember remarking on the price to a woman getting loads of selection boxes and she said they were great for the kids lunches, much cheaper than multipacks.

People doing baking might prefer the eggs as not only are they far cheaper, but they are easily broken up to aid melting. It might not have crossed peoples minds.

Advertisement