Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Merchant Barber

Options
  • 01-11-2017 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭

https://www.facebook.com/Themerchantbarber/?ref=br_rs

'After a great 32 years in Temple Bar The Merchant Barber has closed it’s doors. I would like to sincerely thank all our loyal clients who have supported us over the years.'

Genuinely gutted about this - I'll live but I was shocked forget the very long tail I have atm and the fact it's been about two years since I was last down there BUT I've been going to the place since 1988/89/90 at a guess obviously when I was 8/9 or 10...:rolleyes::D

It was a great place and I've not been to another place since then so....:eek::eek::D:eek::eek: I'm fcuked LOL

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Loved the Merchants, but in the last 5 years it went downhill and the turnover of staff was too high.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

The Butcher Barber is excellent, OP, give it ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I'm sure Dublin has many fine barbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I'm sure Dublin has many fine barbers.

And an unbelievable amount of sh*te ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Can't compete the Max Barbers in Abbey Street. €8 for a haircut, you're in and out in five minutes and there's no poxy small chat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Always preferred the regent, but sad to see it go all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

Never been but might give it a go.
    I was only thinking of getting hair cut before end of year - my once 2 yearly cut!

LoL
    Odhinn wrote: »
    Always preferred the regent, but sad to see it go all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

Time for a **** and a haircut

Advertisement