Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

quick grab your pitch forks, it's Dustin Hoffman now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭JMNolan

Dustin Hoffman - “I have the utmost respect for women and feel terrible that anything I might have done could have put her in an uncomfortable situation. I am sorry. It is not reflective of who I am."

That's an admission of guilt alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

HOLLYWOOD ACTOR DUSTIN Hoffman has been accused of sexually harassing a 17-year-old intern during the filming of the 1985 film Death of a Salesman.

Author Anna Graham Hunter told The Hollywood Reporter that Hoffman grabbed her backside and made inappropriate comments on the set of the television film.

Here’s an example of one incident given by Hunter:

“When I was a senior in high school in New York City, interning as a production assistant on the set of the Death of a Salesman TV film, he asked me to give him a foot massage my first day on set; I did.

He was openly flirtatious, he grabbed my ass, he talked about sex to me and in front of me. One morning I went to his dressing room to take his breakfast order; he looked at me and grinned, taking his time. Then he said, ‘I’ll have a hard-boiled egg … and a soft-boiled clitoris.’
    “His entourage burst out laughing. I left, speechless. Then I went to the bathroom and cried.”

From the OP's link

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭JMNolan

Omackeral wrote: »
    Then he said, ‘I’ll have a hard-boiled egg … and a soft-boiled clitoris.’
    “His entourage burst out laughing. I left, speechless. Then I went to the bathroom and cried.”

She's a bit soft I'd say, wouldn't take much to start off the water works

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭andreoilin

Then he said, ‘I’ll have a hard-boiled egg … and a soft-boiled clitoris.’

This actually made my stomach churn.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

I'm beginning to see a pattern...

dustin-hoffman-and-sen-hillary-clinton-are-at-the-brooklyn-museum-for-picture-id97251967?k=6&m=97251967&s=612x612&w=0&h=Je5kPasai523Bxz2XZAdyS7It7oEB9z5fwYH6fyhYRI=

hillary-clinton-bill-clinton-kevin-spacey.jpg

louis%2Bcd%2Bhrc.jpg

171009105637-harvey-weinstein-hillary-clinton-2012-large-169.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

Another one bites the dustin.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭joe stodge

Tabnabs wrote: »

dustin-hoffman-and-sen-hillary-clinton-are-at-the-brooklyn-museum-for-picture-id97251967?k=6&m=97251967&s=612x612&w=0&h=Je5kPasai523Bxz2XZAdyS7It7oEB9z5fwYH6fyhYRI=

louis%2Bcd%2Bhrc.jpg

Yes, why are they all wearing suits??

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

What's the story with Louis CK?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭I love Sean nos

17-year-old intern
    He was 48 at the time.

If it's true, he's a dirtbag.

he was whacking off in front of people, I'm led to believe.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

A missquoted joke from a female comedian, who said something along the lines of "rumours of him revealing himself was like a female comedian on tour."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

He was 48 at the time.

If it's true, he's a dirtbag.

I was thinking, sure he could only have been in his 20's, but he's fecking 80 now. Holy crap.

Yeah that's lecherous as **** but still very much on the lower end of the scale of what's come out in recent years.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭DaeryssaOne

Oh man, not Dustin! I have always liked him and thought he seemed like one of the good guys...:(

He was whacking off in front of people, I'm led to believe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

So long as Hugh Hefner is clean my faith in my heroes is still alive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,589 ✭✭✭brevity

louis%2Bcd%2Bhrc.jpg

Seriously?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭9or10

Very little surprise here. As another poster said a couple of days ago Hollywood is a huge cesspit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Who will be next?

brevity wrote: »
    Seriously?

Exactly. With the incumbent president we don't need him with photos of lecherous celebrities given he is one himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭mikeysmith

He chose not to deny it

Obviously means there's more

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭I love Sean nos

Jayop wrote: »
    I was thinking, sure he could only have been in his 20's, but he's fecking 80 now. Holy crap.
    I know, I had to look it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,162 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Bryan Singer got very good lawyers it seems.:eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

mikeysmith wrote: »
    He chose not to deny it

Obviously means there's more

To me they sound like some stupid jokes where he seemed to be showing off in front of others. it speaks more about the social scene there at the time, than the individual in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭mikeysmith

branie2 wrote: »
    Who will be next?

A big name at BBC sport before too long

Maybe more than him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭nc6000

There goes any chance of Rain Man 2.

To me they sound like some stupid jokes where he seemed to be showing off in front of others. it speaks more about the social scene there at the time, than the individual in my opinion.

A 48 yo movie star talking to a 17 yo intern like that is a gross abuse of power. Like I said it's on the lower scale of things that have come out but it's still pretty bad. Of course it was "at the time" and there is a little bit of merit in that, but the reason it was like that at the time was because of people like Hoffman making it like that. He held the power and he choose to be a creep.

mikeysmith wrote: »
    A big name at BBC sport before too long

Maybe more than him

I'm still amazed there's not been bigger names in football, both in terms of the clubs and the actual personalities.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

Long forgotten obese old woman Roseanne Barr said something about him.

It was of a sexual nature and therefore true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donal55

louis%2Bcd%2Bhrc.jpg

Trump's an angel judging by that entourage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Who will be next?

Not quite Hollywood but Dr.Ciara Kelly claims she is aware of a well know Irish media personaility who raped several women. She herself claims he tried it on with her and sent her private messages that amounted to sexual harassment. She is seeking his victims and is trying to organise his outing on Twitter at the moment. Ive no ideas of who it might be, all that she said is that he is in his 60s, has a national profile and is on Twitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Who will be next?

If they say that black fella from Naked Gun did something inappropriate I'll not cope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

Don't put your daughter on the stage, Mrs. Worthington
    Don't put your daughter on the stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,162 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

A 48 yo movie star talking to a 17 yo intern like that is a gross abuse of power. Like I said it's on the lower scale of things that have come out but it's still pretty bad. Of course it was "at the time" and there is a little bit of merit in that, but the reason it was like that at the time was because of people like Hoffman making it like that. He held the power and he choose to be a creep.

If it was a one off pass then I could cut him some slack, but he was a pest for 5 weeks according to the Hollywood reporter. Snippet below.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/dustin-hoffman-sexually-harassed-me-i-was-17-guest-column-1053466

Its worth a read for anyone on the fence about this.
    Today, when I was walking Dustin to his limo, he felt my ass four times. I hit him each time, hard, and told him he was a dirty old man. He took off his hat and pointed to his head (shaved for the part) and said, "No, I'm a dirty young man, I have a full head of hair." So would Bob have fired me if he'd seen me hit Dustin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,258 ✭✭✭✭Penn

louis%2Bcd%2Bhrc.jpg

You might be right. Here's another one:
    trump-clinton.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lifeandtimes

I have a theory that all the woman and least known actors of Hollywood got together and brain stormed this whole sexual harassment,assault and rape thing just to get the big powerful men out of the spot light to free up more female lead roles in bigger pictures.

So many accusations coming out now it's like a tidal wave

With all the men gone it's only the woman and now big actors to do the movies.

Very clever indeed.

*puts tinfoil hat on and switch on my cb radio in bunker*

• Advertisement

jobr wrote: »
    Oh man, not Dustin! I have always liked him and thought he seemed like one of the good guys...:(

You....can still think this fyi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭valoren

joe stodge wrote: »
    He was whacking off in front of people, I'm led to believe.

"Hey!!!!......I'm **** here!!!!!!!.....I'm **** here!!!!!!!....."

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,399 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I think it's important that this doesn't turn into some sort of witch pursuit thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

"Meet The Fondlers"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Can people stop quoting the fucking pictures?!

• Advertisement

You can call it bad taste in humour. There isn't even a scale here let alone it being lower.

He was just someone playing up the big man with those around him. I don't get how you see him as such an influencer with power, when he's been widely known to be affected by feedback from a costume department. He's been one very much to respond to those around him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

Hillary worked all her life to be President. This myth that Hillary somehow has better morals than Trump should be debunked. I have always thought she is worse than Trump and still do. She played a key role in the mess which is now Libya. Even bragged about it which is on Youtube for all to see.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,399 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Hillary worked all her life to be President. This myth that Hillary somehow has better morals than Trump should be debunked. I have always thought she is worse than Trump and still do. She played a key role in the mess which is now Libya. Even bragged about it which is on Youtube for all to see.

Who did she grope again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

If there was any justice in the world, he'd be dragged out onto the street and shot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

4 minutes to Wankner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

Honestly I dont know what to believe anymore. Im guessing alot of these cases are true but I say a fair amount of them are just jumping on the bandwagon for their 15 minutes of fame.

You can call it bad taste in humour. There isn't even a scale here let alone it being lower.

He was just someone playing up the big man with those around him. I don't get how you see him as such an influencer with power, when he's been widely known to be affected by feedback from a costume department. He's been one very much to respond to those around him.

Grabbing someone 31 years your younger by the arse on top of the very inappropriate "jokes" put this on the scale.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

It's always been a town full of lowlifes and hypocrites.

How much of this debauchery was consensual I suppose is the issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Cocaines a hell of a drug.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

And Mrs Robinson was moving onto him in The Graduate

• Advertisement
Advertisement