Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Whats your biggest Fear?

Options
  • 04-03-2011 12:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭

Whats everyones biggest fear?.....I know alot of people fear death. I used to get panic attacks over it when i was younger but it doesnt bother me now Im more terrified of growing old and going senile.

whats people thoughts on fears?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭pvt6zh395dqbrj

WITCHES! WITCHES!
    I am not afraid
    Bleed my bones
    Bleed them all to death!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

My total, utter and complete fear is losing my memory.

The thought of looking at for example, my children, and not recognising them. Knowing I should know their faces, but unable to connect it with a person I know and love. Absolutely terrifying thought.

Asides from that, no other fears at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

I'm afraid of the dark !

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Bobjims

Scorpions and Lobsters :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭smokie2008

Chuck Norris

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

FG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Big black cocks.

Or ostriches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭cucbuc

Alzheimers

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Khyra24

Loneliness, Betrayal and Abandonment.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭pulpfictionost

being a jew in heaven and meeting hitler and mel gibson

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭RichieC

honestly, it's those horrible last few seconds of life... probably horrifying.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭omen80

Fear itself...........yikes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

There is nothing to fear but fear itself.

And zombies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Alien abduction. I remember there was a story in the papers once of a woman that claimed she was abducted by aliens on a certain stretch of road.... she said she 'lost time'. weeks later I was a passenger in a car driving that stretch of road. I just stared at my watch and did not take my eyes off it.

Would like to say I was a kid, but i wasn't. I was 18. Cringe!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

hondasam wrote: »
    I'm afraid of the dark !
    You would love this :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_hMZYDMps4

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Id hate to outlive my daughter or any other kids i may have

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Floating away up into the air and on into space.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭ElectraX

I'm crippled by Arachibutyrophobia:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Metallitroll

There is nothing to fear but fear itself.

And zombies.

shít dude i thought zombies were de rigeur again cos they are so much more comedic than scary and are a good excuse for atrocious AI

why do i feel i have just made myself really unpopular.. love the classics? cannibal ferox ftw?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

People I love dying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Being sent to prison for a crime i didnt commit. I couldnt imagine what its like to spend day after day locked up for something you didnt do and of course everyone in prison is "innocent" and nobody would believe you. What a horrible feeling it must be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭d.anthony

Alien abduction. I remember there was a story in the papers once of a woman that claimed she was abducted by aliens on a certain stretch of road.... she said she 'lost time'. weeks later I was a passenger in a car driving that stretch of road. I just stared at my watch and did not take my eyes off it.

Would like to say I was a kid, but i wasn't. I was 18. Cringe!!!!

+1

I'm 23 years old. And petrified of aliens. It's ridiculous but I can't help it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

Being buried alive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

Nationalism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

That West Ham substitute goal keeper Peter Kurucz will sneak into my house one night when I'm asleep and steal the insoles out of all my shoes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

d.anthony wrote: »
    +1

I'm 23 years old. And petrified of aliens. It's ridiculous but I can't help it!

I'm not bothered anymore but was obviously way back then. I had totally forgotten about that till I saw this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭toxicity234

writing
    working on it at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

The Unknown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

There was a couple who were car jacked a few years back, then brought up the Dublin mountains. The guy was locked in the boot while they raped his girlfriend on the bonnet of the car.

My fear is to one day be that guy. To be rendered useless in a situation like that, unable to help a loved one. That scares the living piss out of me.

I have a whole Charles Bronsan revenge fantasy that follows that but that's another thing.

Advertisement