Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameloft iPhone/iPad games sale, most 79c

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

Dodgy company in my experience. Somehow charges from them wound up on my phone bill without me having requested any games from them. ComReg (useless quango) were sweet FA help investigating.

I wouldn't supply them with any access to my details. I can back up what I'm saying with an email trail if anyone is interested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

That's weird. How could they get your details without you buying from them? I've never had a problem with them.

They couldn't or wouldn't explain to me how they got my details

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

If you selected an application from their store on your phone, your mobile provider (vodafone, o2 etc) would have billed you for it directly (gamesloft dont get your details). Its likely either someone did this for you on your phone (kids, drunk friends in pub) or you did it yourself either accidentally, or while drunk :)

I checked my data requests and there were none at the time they said so that would rule out that possibility.

It was a small amount of money but still irritating. More irritating was seeing how incompetetant comReg were. I provided them with enough evidence to show that something was amiss but they didn't follow it up. There investigation was completely irrelevant to the case and their communication was dire.

• Advertisement
Advertisement