Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips DiamondClean Sonic Electric Toothbrush

Options
  • 15-03-2020 9:23pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭

51FShCn1FbL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Buy @ Amazon.co.uk - £79

Other colours are available (Black £99), but pink is the lowest price.
    • A whiter smile from day 1 vs a manual toothbrush and leading whitening toothpaste
    • Removes up to 10x more plaque vs a manual toothbrush, improves gum health in just two weeks
    • Choose from five modes: Clean, white, sensitive, gum care and deep clean
    • Philips Sonicare sonic technology pulses water between teeth, and its brush strokes break up plaque and sweep it away for an exceptional cleaning
    • One of the best recommended sonic toothbrush brand by dental professionals worldwide
    • 14 days battery life; ideal for travelling
    • In order to extract optimal performance from your toothbrush, please ensure you charge it for a minimum of 24 hours before its initial use
    • 2 years warranty and 28 days money back guarantee
      FAQ sheet
      User Manual

Price comparison - on offer in boots currently for €199

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Why and how was a toothbrush worth 200 quid at one stage...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭bromley52

xpletiv wrote: »
    Why and how was a toothbrush worth 200 quid at one stage...

The same could be said about a hair dryer or vacuum cleaner.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

Davy wrote: »
    51FShCn1FbL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Buy @ Amazon.co.uk - £79

Other colours are available (Black £99), but pink is the lowest price.

Price comparison - on offer in boots currently for €199

I bought this for €60 on Amazon in September of last year. The pink one.

I bought this for €60 on Amazon in September of last year. The pink one.

Are you possibly confusing it with this one which was £60 in September?

This model was £99.99 for all of September and its current priced is the cheapest it's ever been according to Keepa.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

Are you possibly confusing it with this one which was £60 in September?

This model was £99.99 for all of September and its current priced is the cheapest it's ever been according to Keepa.

I am indeed mate.

HX6806/03 was the model I purchased.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Serious piece of kit for anyone in the toothbrush market.Travel case v handy, can charge it within the case in case you don't have one of those two prong shaver plugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,394 ✭✭✭NSAman

Agree with a previous poster, this is worth the money. Last visit 3 weeks ago for a cleaning, dentist even commented on how little they had to do cleaning wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Thanks OP!

Just FYI this one has a different style of charging base than other Sonicare toothbrushes that I have seen so beware if you have limited 2-pin sockets in your bathroom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Arrival

OmegaGene wrote: »
    I have this brush and it’s the nuts, well worth the money, replacement heads can be bought cheap enough on eBay

Definitely agree with this, got mine just over 5 years ago and it's still going strong even after being dropped from head height a couple of times. Never regretted the ~€180 I spent on it at the time. There may be better options out now, since then, but at the time this definitely was up there with the best you could get

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Arrival wrote: »
    Definitely agree with this, got mine just over 5 years ago and it's still going strong even after being dropped from head height a couple of times. Never regretted the ~€180 I spent on it at the time. There may be better options out now, since then, but at the time this definitely was up there with the best you could get

How leave it charging all the time?
    How is the battery life after this amount of time?

I think this model was only released in 2019 so must be slightly different to yours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

I think this model was only released in 2019 so must be slightly different to yours.

I think I bought mine around the same time 5/6 years ago, although I've had to make a couple of repairs to mine it's still going strong.

I charge mine when the warning light comes up. Takes about 24 hours to charge fully but then will last for about 3/4 weeks, even after all this time. Think I paid €130 in Boots just before Christmas for mine back in 2014/2015.

Your teeth feel noticeably cleaner after it and my hygienist always says it looks like I'm doing a good job cleaning whenever I go in.

The brushes are expensive but just keep an eye on CamelCamelCamel for when they drop or else buy the non-Philips one. The latest batch of brushes I use are non-Philips and there's not really any noticeable difference bar the price!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Arrival

Nope I charge it every 2-3 weeks using a USB cable, basically still has battery life as good as when it came out of the box. Yeah they probably released an updated version of it so you'd hope the battery life and quality would be even better again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

I bought this - thanks for the heads up Davy

I had one a few years ago and remember it was brilliant. However, after been knocked off the ledge once too many times by myself and others, it’s not in the best condition.

I also note from the other reviews that the old charger (glass and puck charger) works with newer 2019 version. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Kerry25x

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sboly-Electric-Toothbrushes-Toothbrush-Rechargeable/dp/B07QD5LTCS/ref=mp_s_a_1_11?dchild=1&keywords=toothbrush+electric+twin&qid=1584789114&sr=8-11&swrs=E7AF05B8A8D0C965515F4935576FC0DA

Highly recommend this one. 2 toothbrushes with a bunch of different settings, 8 spare heads and USB chargers. Got it for myself and my husband last summer and I've been so impressed with them. It's cheaper now too than when I got it, £32 currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

link below to better option-say what you want but this company didnt disappoint me in slightest, only about 20 quid but you do get few nice extras, battery holds well, and close to 5 stars overall from reviews, id buy 3 of these, which i actually did before xmas, and happy as is, have philips eletric one but this one keeps job done as good, dont imagine philips have much in terms of being better, as this was suggested before on here and def a bargain and quality one at it as well.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07MNM8HXQ/ref=sspa_dk_detail_9?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B07MNM8HXQ&pd_rd_w=xM1yV&pf_rd_p=1055d8b2-c10c-4d7d-b50d-96300553e15d&pd_rd_wg=Bk5xL&pf_rd_r=1H2P91KP3FVQBKBXVEBA&pd_rd_r=43818d28-f7a2-4165-893f-c56d86ed99b0&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExNVBGUTMzWUIxVDlZJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMzQ3MjkwMk44N0RIRlZBSlBYQiZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNjEzMDI5WkoyODFVNjFCS1o2JndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfZGV0YWlsJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

• Registered Users Posts: 6 catandmouse

Some of the review for this tooth brush are very bad - I wonder is this why it is reduced to half price? But still very expensive

scamalert wrote: »
    link below to better option-say what you want but this company didnt disappoint me in slightest, only about 20 quid but you do get few nice extras, battery holds well, and close to 5 stars overall from reviews, id buy 3 of these, which i actually did before xmas, and happy as is, have philips eletric one but this one keeps job done as good, dont imagine philips have much in terms of being better, as this was suggested before on here and def a bargain and quality one at it as well.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07MNM8HXQ/ref=sspa_dk_detail_9?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B07MNM8HXQ&pd_rd_w=xM1yV&pf_rd_p=1055d8b2-c10c-4d7d-b50d-96300553e15d&pd_rd_wg=Bk5xL&pf_rd_r=1H2P91KP3FVQBKBXVEBA&pd_rd_r=43818d28-f7a2-4165-893f-c56d86ed99b0&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExNVBGUTMzWUIxVDlZJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMzQ3MjkwMk44N0RIRlZBSlBYQiZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNjEzMDI5WkoyODFVNjFCS1o2JndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfZGV0YWlsJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

While your experience has been good with this toothbrush, I'd be wary of high reviews on brands/ items which are not well known (or indeed persuaded into buying), as the reviews are usually inflated or fake

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

While your experience has been good with this toothbrush, I'd be wary of high reviews on brands/ items which are not well known (or indeed persuaded into buying), as the reviews are usually inflated or fake
    believe me well aware of fake hype, but this isnt the case where someone was gifted one to promote it. as many dodgy companies opt for.

I've personally found the algorithms on Fakespot to be overly-critical for most products I've bought and liked. I'd be more wary of paying a large premium for a device purely because you recognize the brand name and not because you've found evidence that it is in fact significantly superior to cheaper alternatives.

scamalert wrote: »
    believe me well aware of fake hype, but this isnt the case where someone was gifted one to promote it. as many dodgy companies opt for.
    I've personally found the algorithms on Fakespot to be overly-critical for most products I've bought and liked. I'd be more wary of paying a large premium for a device purely because you recognize the brand name and not because you've found evidence that it is in fact significantly superior to cheaper alternatives.

True, true - I wholeheartedly agree with you both (on Fakespot, even the Philips listing has a C grade iirc). Likewise, I have over the years bought some fairly sub-par items at a sizable price by trusting a legitimate name (Sony, I'm looking at you!)

I bought the Philips Sonicare Diamonclean (that Davy listed) yesterday, to replace my old model. At the current price (£78.64), I think it's a decent buy - especially from amazon as it comes with 2 year warranty; however, IMO I don't think it's worth more than 100 euro - the price is completely inflated.

I suppose it all comes down to being a conscious consumer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

I've had 3 Philips Sonicare toothbrushes over the years not including this one and they really are great. They get you teeth a lot cleaner than a regular vibrating/oscillating electic toothbrush like OralB.

But as noted above this one has a different style of charger to my older ones

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Posting this here for anyone who was interested but didn't buy. This might be an option. Its the lowest price that I can see.

Buy @ Amazon.co.uk £51.24

Price comparison:> €119 @ Boots and €99 @ Argos.

81AOdv-cHBL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    • Removes up to 7x more plaque than a manual toothbrush
    • Pressure sensor alerts you when are brushing too hard. Speed - Up to 62,000 brush movements/min
    • Travel case enables you to take your Sonicare wherever you go
    • Smart brush head replacement reminder alerts you when to replace your brush head for effective cleaning, every time
    • 2 weeks battery life limiting the need for frequent chargin
    g

Advertisement