Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is Selfishness/ self-absorption a big problem in society ?

• 31-12-2019 1:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭

How can we push people away from this

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,572 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Wilfuler. wrote: »

Its selfish to try to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

Quite a mean spirited post and not the only one of this nature on boards in the past while.

Work on changing yourself instead of trying to push other people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

antix80 wrote: »
    Quite a mean spirited post and not the only one of this nature on boards in the past while.

Work on changing yourself instead of trying to push other people.
    If this is sarcasm you really need to work on it. I do feel a new career in resilience training beckoning, so many people in need...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

You should try starting with the man in the mirror, ask him to change his ways. No message could be any clearer, if you want to make the world a better place take a look at yourself, and then make a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

What's in it for me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭Upforthematch

Be the change you wanna see, bro!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭Sober Crappy Chemis

Don’t know and I don’t care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭Sober Crappy Chemis

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    You should try starting with the man in the mirror, ask him to change his ways. No message could be any clearer, if you want to make the world a better place take a look at yourself, and then make a change.

AvO1oLV.jpg?1

Dunno if it's specifically a selfish thing or not, but I have stopped meeting up with people who take photos of things. I mean I know people that would meet up for a cup of tea and take a photo of themselves with a cup of tea. No one, and I mean no one, gives a flying fcuk if you're out having a cup of tea or coffee or dinner or whatever.

You're the most inane boring person in the world if you actually thing that's even mildly interesting to anyone, you muppet.

(sorry.. got a bit ranty!) :o

Use the Jedi force OP.

Play mind tricks on these self absorbed inward looking beings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

I just wish people would fecking indicate.

Advertisement