Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else finding Vodafone Internet slow tonight

Options
  • 27-11-2020 8:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

I was using Vodafone for the past year with no problems.

The Internet has slowed so so so much for me this evening. It wasn't working for the past hour and a half. Server site not responding it said or something like that.

I turned off the phone and turned it back on again.
    I turn off data and back on again
    I turn on airplane mode and off again
    I removed sim car and put it in again
    I changed from 4g to 2g
    I banged the phone of the wall and I got some sort of signal to write this.

Christ almighty I need to do a job tonight and finish my tesco shop but the Internet is gone to fcuking ****E. I'm actually very stressed.

I booked a tesco shop by adding in some expensive bottles of spirits and now I need to go back and edit my shop into a normal food and grocery shop. If the Internet does not behave I am left with expensive bottles of brandy.

This probably won't post. What can I do to fix this asap

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭remeneerb

I was using Vodafone for the past year with no problems.

The Internet has slowed so so so much for me this evening. It wasn't working for the past hour and a half. Server site not responding it said or something like that.

I turned off the phone and turned it back on again.
    I turn off data and back on again
    I turn on airplane mode and off again
    I removed sim car and put it in again
    I changed from 4g to 2g
    I banged the phone of the wall and I got some sort of signal to write this.

Christ almighty I need to do a job tonight and finish my tesco shop but the Internet is gone to fcuking ****E. I'm actually very stressed.

I booked a tesco shop by adding in some expensive bottles of spirits and now I need to go back and edit my shop into a normal food and grocery shop. If the Internet does not behave I am left with expensive bottles of brandy.

This probably won't post. What can I do to fix this asap

Nothing is working for me at all

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,671 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Might be a system outage. My Vodaphone broadband has been out for an hour and the helpline, 1907, is non responsive.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Yeh it’s been poor alright. Glad its not just me

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Moved from after hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭New2Dubs

Vodafone Ireland (@VodafoneIreland) Tweeted: We are currently experiencing interruptions on some of our data services. Our technical teams are working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible.

(45 mins ago)

• Advertisement

It's DNS from the looks of things I'm currently posting this from a Vodafone connection , change your DNS to cloudflare or google and you're back in business.

EDIT : Cloudflare sDNS is 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

How does one change their DNS settings on the HG659 router?
    I've logged in to the router admin page and while I can see the configured Primary and Secondary DNS settings, I can't change them.

I've seen some people talk about 'Expert Mode' on their router but this doesn't seem to be available on my ****ty router.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

How does one change their DNS settings on the HG659 router?
    I've logged in to the router admin page and while I can see the configured Primary and Secondary DNS settings, I can't change them.

I've seen some people talk about 'Expert Mode' on their router but this doesn't seem to be available on my ****ty router.

Any ideas?

Do it in Home Network>> LAN Interface >> DHCP Server: select "Manually configure the DNS server for LAN devices" and key in the DNS servers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

nice one TomOnBoard, thanks for that.

Advertisement