Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing fixed battery

Options
  • 08-11-2020 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

Am considering replacing the fixed battery on my King 7 phone. Question: Will this reset my phone or is it the same as just turning the phone off with no data loss ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I'd be more concerned you make a bags of it, back it all up fully including your WhatsApp etc before attempting it. Careful not to puncture that battery and wear eye protection as it'll come sparking at you like a fountain.
    I'd be inclined not to attempt it if it's your first time opening a sealed unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭mrtom

I'd be more concerned you make a bags of it, back it all up fully including your WhatsApp etc before attempting it. Careful not to puncture that battery and wear eye protection as it'll come sparking at you like a fountain.
    I'd be inclined not to attempt it if it's your first time opening a sealed unit.

Thanks for reply. This video shows the steps involved in replacing battery:
    King 7 battery fit
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRNZEnown7c

and this is the replacement en route :

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000583420316.html?

spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.730b74feSQfxZw&algo_pvid=1616f4

03-ec61-4f21-8799-fd90297945bc&algo_expid=1616f403-ec61-

4f21-8799-fd90297945bc-

23&btsid=0bb0623a16048354374986114e8ade&ws_ab_test=search

web0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

Your advice appreciated & appears the phone doesn't reset though will back up all.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Replacing the battery won't damage any data on your phone, back in the olden days you could take out the batter whenever you wanted :D:D:D. The tear down video looks fairly straight forward, the fact that you don't need a heat gun is a massive plus, little piece of advice if this is your first time doing something like this, do it on a tray or something with raised edges, the parts are extremely small and if you drop a screw you might never find it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭mrtom

Clareman wrote: »
    Replacing the battery won't damage any data on your phone, back in the olden days you could take out the batter whenever you wanted :D:D:D. The tear down video looks fairly straight forward, the fact that you don't need a heat gun is a massive plus, little piece of advice if this is your first time doing something like this, do it on a tray or something with raised edges, the parts are extremely small and if you drop a screw you might never find it again.
    Interesting I had the choice of 4180mAh or 6200mAh replacement, the original spec is 3610mAh.
    Device:
    https://www.pdevice.com/product/pptv-king-7-specs
    Sweet spot: 490PPI

Advertisement