Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moto G6 and G6 Plus

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭mopi

The Moto G6 Plus dual SIM 4/64 does have nfc and it does have the headphone socket at the base and it does have the ability to use 4G+ data on either SIM and it has a fiddley 2*SIM plus 1*SDcard tray. I know this because I'm tapping on one right now :)
    Bought in Media Markt Berlin for e269. The shop assistant was slight surprised when I asked for it say 'but we sold out week's ago' ... New stock. I almost ordered from China so glad I didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭corks finest

mopi wrote: »
    The Moto G6 Plus dual SIM 4/64 does have nfc and it does have the headphone socket at the base and it does have the ability to use 4G+ data on either SIM and it has a fiddley 2*SIM plus 1*SDcard tray. I know this because I'm tapping on one right now :)
    Bought in Media Markt Berlin for e269. The shop assistant was slight surprised when I asked for it say 'but we sold out week's ago' ... New stock. I almost ordered from China so glad I didn't.
    Happy enough with it? Any obvious cons? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭mopi

Happy enough with it? Any obvious cons? Thanks

No cons. Some differences from Moto g4+ that may matter to you. Headset ticket is now at the base, phone is taller but still fits in the pocket I once thought was might be too small for a Nexus 4 ! Position of volume and power button swapped. I now find I have managed to set volume to zero occasionally. It also means I must position the phone high when I place it in a X wing cradle on the motorcycle (highly recommend that too, from Amazon).
    USB-C is a pain right now but micro>c adapters on order so that's easy fix. Don't get me wrong C is the future (for as long as it lasts) but being the only C device makes it awkward.
    It might now be worth twice the price of a Moto g4+ (dual SIM) now only £110 but it is a fine phone and should be on any sub e300 short list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭biebiebie

I'm basing this on my own experience with the Moto G5 plus. However I can't see Motorola changing policy for the G6.

I can tell you one con, depending on your viewpoint that is.

Moto are dreadful with Android updates.
    Yes you'll get kind of regular security updates (every quarter?).
    However Android version updates will be very poor. You'll get 1, but you'll be waiting a very long time for it to arrive.

I've already replaced my Moto G5 plus and was pissed off waiting for Oreo to arrive.

If this matters to you, then my advice is to look elsewhere...although who is better?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 madferit25

On the verge of ordering the G6 play, round about €180 with free delivery from Littlewoods Ireland! Have a wyliefox swift 2 Plus but it's busted! Going for the play over the standard G6 as it's obviously cheaper and has a better battery! A little worried by the reviews on the 720 x 1440 display next to the G6's 1080 x 2160 but my current phone is 720 x 1280 and it's never bothered me! It seems to be the best phone under €200 according to reviews

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

A relative of mine recently got the moto g6, any thoughts on the best way to transfer everything from their old phone (nokia lumia 635 (I think)) to the moto?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Moto g6 android 9 Pie update live

Advertisement