Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moto G6 and G6 Plus

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

SIM tray at the top now, instead of the side, headphone socket down by the fingerprint reader.

Seems to be a slender phone. Same battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,273 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Too big, no nfc, no thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,782 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

previous versions had NFC in Europe, I'm sure this one will too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭corks finest

loyatemu wrote: »
    previous versions had NFC in Europe, I'm sure this one will too.
    Says it has NFC on one of the links provided

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Was initially interested, but heard that Lenovo rarely give the G5 updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭EnzoScifo

looks really outdated now.

Pugzilla wrote: »
    Have a Lenovo tablet,no updates in 18 months,had a Lenovo phone same ,no updates worth mentioning,but G6 plus looking a nice bit of kit

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Herlihy82

I got a G5 because of size and want to update but not G6 so. Will look at other 5in and 5.2in phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

EnzoScifo wrote: »
    looks really outdated now.
    How so?
    No notch?

• Advertisement

Have a Lenovo tablet,no updates in 18 months,had a Lenovo phone same ,no updates worth mentioning,but G6 plus looking a nice bit of kit

I've the G5 Plus and it gets security updates every quarter.

Still waiting for Oreo, but it's due soon.

I'd imagine they delayed it until the G6 was released. Moto have officially used G5S 7.0 v G6 8.0 as marketing ploy.

biebiebie wrote: »
    How so?
    No notch?

Not the lack of notch *shudder*

side bezels look a bit chunky as do the top and bottom.

just a style thing really, so its all subjective.

I'm more concerned about how a phone performs rather than how pretty it looks, then again I'm not 16.

I'm more concerned about how a phone performs rather than how pretty it looks, then again I'm not 16.

apologies, didn't realize that a budget lenovo phone meant so much to you.

will you be ok?

apologies, didn't realize that a budget lenovo phone meant so much to you.

will you be ok?

I don't own any lenovo phones at the moment, just find it immature that someone would use looks as a criteria to pick a phone.

I don't own any lenovo phones at the moment, just find it immature that someone would use looks as a criteria to pick a phone.

good for you. As I said, it's all subjective.

Thanks for letting us know your thoughts on criteria for choosing phones. I'll keep it in mind next time I'm buying a phone.

Thanks for letting us know your thoughts on criteria for choosing phones. I'll keep it in mind next time I'm buying a phone.

Thanks so much, will go to bed so happy tonight.

Whatever phone one chooses or not,I'd expect regular updates,with Lenovo,mi,Moto etc, updates are very rare, Google it folks, personally on a 3 rd Chinese phone,my last going back to Nokia

Whatever phone one chooses or not,I'd expect regular updates,with Lenovo,mi,Moto etc, updates are very rare, Google it folks, personally on a 3 rd Chinese phone,my last going back to Nokia

• Registered Users Posts: 17,681 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Can't go wrong with the Moto G phones, they've always been rock solid, almost vanilla android no bloatware, good spec, good design and serious value for money. 25% of the value of the new s9 and if you put them side by side the difference would be minimal.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,291 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    Too big, no nfc, no thanks.

https://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_moto_g6_plus-9001.php

the plus variant has NFC

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Can't go wrong with the Moto G phones, they've always been rock solid, almost vanilla android no bloatware, good spec, good design and serious value for money. 25% of the value of the new s9 and if you put them side by side the difference would be minimal.

wife has a G4 plus and I've a G5 - barely spend 250 between us on the phones

the G5 is a cracking little phone

Hard to fault them reallly

Good to see that finally Moto came to their senses and added a compass to the G6 (according to specs on Amazon UK anyhow).

That was one of the main negatives I have for my G5.

biebiebie wrote: »
    Good to see that finally Moto came to their senses and added a compass to the G6 (according to specs on Amazon UK anyhow).

That was one of the main negatives I have for my G5.

lenovo

Moto is just a brand name

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

Anyone get one yet? :pac:

deckie27 wrote: »
    Anyone get one yet? :pac:

Na,I just bought a 7 plus for the kid,so I'm busted,but will put a few bob away for the plus model,as long as the reviews are ok,looks fine,and affordable

Can't find the G6 Plus on Amazon UK. Where's the best place to order one to Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

According to the Motorola website, the G6 Plus should have a 6GB RAM variant. Has anyone come across any information about this?

I've been onto Carphone Warehouse here in the UK and they aren't sure if they will be stocking it yet. I haven't been able to find any other information on it.

• Advertisement

According to the Motorola website, the G6 Plus should have a 6GB RAM variant. Has anyone come across any information about this?

I've been onto Carphone Warehouse here in the UK and they aren't sure if they will be stocking it yet. I haven't been able to find any other information on it.

No,all you tube reviews I have seen are 4GB

Advertisement