Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android Forum FAQ

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,012 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Android 2.1 for Hero (GSM) has been released by HTC in Taiwan. Anyone have any clue when it might get released in europe?
    EDIT: Never mind, have just seen the thread on it below.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Just got my Hero today and am like a kid at Christmas! So much fun :)

I've gone a bit trigger happy and downloaded more apps than you could shake a stick at. Now that I have so many in my menu, it's annoying having to scroll through them all. Is there any way of creating a folder for apps so I could tidy things up a bit?

I did create a folder on the home screen and put apps in it but they're just shortcuts and still appear in the main menu

Thanks
    Orlee

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Look out for Apps Organizer on the Market

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned here before.

How to remove stock apps
    (such as amazon etc.)

Download Terminal emulator from the market. Put in the following:
    su
    mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock03 /system
    rm /system/app/com.amazon.mp3.apk 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭saeglopur

Just got a minor ota update on my meteor hero. it just fixes youtube playback or something like that. Hopefully means though that the 2.1 update is on the way.

Anyone else know anything more?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭MrMan

saeglopur wrote: »
    Just got a minor ota update on my meteor hero. it just fixes youtube playback or something like that. Hopefully means though that the 2.1 update is on the way.

Anyone else know anything more?

I haven't got the 1st update yet but apparently you should have a new option for system software update with a 'check now' button.

That is according to here:

http://androidforums.com/htc-hero/61116-official-gsm-hero-2-1-thread-10.html

At :

It is suggested that setting the date forward by a month forces the phone to check for an update.

No joy when I did it but there seems to be a few people reporting it working!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Not working for me neither :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

MrMan wrote: »
    At :

It is suggested that setting the date forward by a month forces the phone to check for an update.

When you push the date forward, did you go to the "my downloads" section of the market? Not sure if that's what actually triggered off the download for me because it came through almost immediately after changing the date. It's worth a try anyway.

edit: I let this update but i'm still on 1.5, just moved up to build 2.73.405.95.

What network are you on?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Bluefoam wrote: »
    What network are you on?
    Meteor

squared wrote: »
    Meteor
    Good news, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

At :

Cheers for that!
    Flipped the date forward one month, phone went really slow for a few seconds and then an "Update now" notification popped up on screen. Currently installing as I type!

SIM-free Hero on Vodafone.

EDIT: Just finished updating. Didn't wipe anything like it usually does when flashing.
    Still on 1.5 firmware, build 2.73.405.93.

What network are you on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭IH77

Not working for me neither :(

On Meteor here also and not getting the update after trying the month forward "trick". (wifi and 3g)

squared wrote: »
    When you push the date forward, did you go to the "my downloads" section of the market? Not sure if that's what actually triggered off the download for me because it came through almost immediately after changing the date. It's worth a try anyway.

edit: I let this update but i'm still on 1.5, just moved up to build 2.73.405.95.

Thanks for the tip. Tried it but nothing so far....

Thanks for the tip. Tried it but nothing so far....

Try the date trick while in good gps reception.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Hmm I haven't been offered the update yet. Gonna restart the phone and hopefully get it.

I just realised I got build no. 2.73.405.93 instead of .95 (which is the Irish build)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

I got 2.73.405.95 last night.

• Advertisement

Try the date trick while in good gps reception.

So turn GPS on then set the date forward? Or does it not matter which order I do it in?

So turn GPS on then set the date forward? Or does it not matter which order I do it in?

Turn on GPS first - I have mine set up to allow GPS to activate when needed. So mine turned on when I set the date forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,012 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

in your phone settings, you can force it to look for an update.

Settings - About Phone - System Software Update

in your phone settings, you can force it to look for an update.

Settings - About Phone - System Software Update

I think you only get that option after you've done the update!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I've tried turning GPS on and changing the date, hasn't given me the update :(

I've tried turning GPS on and changing the date, hasn't given me the update :(

Same here. I called the Ireland number on the HTC support page and was told that the update would take two weeks to complete but to call back if I haven't got the update by then.

Which means another two weeks of OCD behaviour as I check my phone every five minutes for a notification!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Same here. I called the Ireland number on the HTC support page and was told that the update would take two weeks to complete but to call back if I haven't got the update by then.

Which means another two weeks of OCD behaviour as I check my phone every five minutes for a notification!

I wouldn't bother sure there is nothing in it until the proper update is released anyway. When you start hearing of people getting that, thats when the OCD should start.

Try changing the date to November... it worked for a friend of mine...

Try changing the date to November... it worked for a friend of mine...

Bingo, did the trick for me also!

• Advertisement

IH77 wrote: »
    Bingo, did the trick for me also!

But not for me :(

Maybe it's because I'm on 3.

Advertisement