Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is this phone OK?

• 30-07-2020 12:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭

DOOGEE X95

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

521493.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭GBX

521493.jpg

Specs are only ok - but it would break your heart eventually with only 2gb of ram.

GBX wrote: »
    Specs are only ok - but it would break your heart eventually with only 2gb of ram.

I don't understand what 2gb ram is... I only want to use it to make calls, text, banking apps, emails and wattapp. Is 2gb enough for that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭Darksoul

I don't understand what 2gb ram is... I only want to use it to make calls, text, banking apps, emails and wattapp. Is 2gb enough for that?

It's fine for minimal usage I guess but I be worried about the space with updates these days,checked the price on the model you posted and you can get the Huawei y6 2019 on carphonewarehouse.ie for €100 and double the space on it,they are great makes as I currently use Huawei products myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭blackwave

It will be ok for 6 months or so but will slow down fairly badly better off to pay a little more. Like the old saying goes buy it cheap buy it twice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,331 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Look likes a piece of crap is it under €50 new?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭dzsfah2xoynme9

Horrible Mediatek chipset, 720p screen, 2 gb of ram, 16gb of storage. A ball of crap that'll melt your head after a few weeks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

When getting a smart phone these days, don't just look at the apps you are using now. An update can render it useless, if your phone is deprecated due to Operating System level / hardware. You should be looking to get the best spec for your budget, not just what'll do now.

When getting a smart phone these days, don't just look at the apps you are using now. An update can render it useless, if your phone is deprecated due to Operating System level / hardware. You should be looking to get the best spec for your budget, not just what'll do now.

Being a Doogee I doubt it'll get any updates..

• Advertisement

What's your budget OP?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,253 ✭✭✭✭flazio

It's only one letter away from being dodgee

it's Doogsh1t

blackwave wrote: »
    It will be ok for 6 months or so but will slow down fairly badly better off to pay a little more. Like the old saying goes buy it cheap buy it twice.

I always by cheap phones, the last one I had I paid less than €200 that lasted 3 years, so I could buy a chepos for 15 years and still not pay rediculous prices every year for an rip off Apple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭peejay1986

I always by cheap phones, the last one I had I paid less than €200 that lasted 3 years, so I could buy a chepos for 15 years and still not pay rediculous prices every year for an rip off Apple.

"Rip off Apple" - that's really an archaic attitude to have. There are reasons Apple phones are more expensive - whether you agree or not.

People here are giving solid advice and I would agree. You get what you pay for. I personally would spend a bit more and get a better, more reliable phone.

The specs on the phone you sent? I myself would never recommend that someone buys it. It's an incredibly short-term purchase.

There are very respectable phones available to buy for around €200 from reputable brands. I'd suggest looking there, rather than a no-name, lo-spec phone that might 'do' for a few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭DopeTech

This phone looks usable but nothing else. As mentioned previously you're going to run into issues as it only has 16gb of storage space. If I were you I'd go with the Google Pixel 3a on Vodafone for €149 when you port a number in to them. Yes it's more expensive but the difference between this and the pixel would be night and day and should last you a good few years.

You can get a free sim from eir or other providers and then port that in so you don't need to port in your real number. The pixel 3a is network unlocked so you can pop your sim in it from any network.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

Advertisement