Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Comments

What kind of pringles we talking about here now? That reminds me I have a book The Fairfield Haunting: On the Gettysburg Ghost Trail, that I must get stuck into.

Original of course.

Well there won't be a better month get stuck into that Seph!
    Mine was S C Gwynne's Hymns of the Republic. I also read his book Empire of the Summer Moon about the last Commanches. He kind of has a knack for making history human and telling you about the people and their lies, so it kind sucks you in.

@Calla/Dave - Boston is the best. Wicked good town as they'd say. There's a fun ghost tour you can take of all the old burial grounds and taverns... But it's mostly about the sea and food and sport and bars and Bostonians attitude about not being New York! I miss it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

Beautiful art JupiterKid, you are very talented.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Had a lidl salted caramel chocolate pot with cookie dough ice cream. We're fecking good to ourselves wha? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,531 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Do you think windows grow on trees Sephers.

really !!!!

:D:D

My eyes are sore, kind of like a nerve pain.

I don't think it's a symptom of Covid so it's probably just a brain tumour.

Gotta be positive like :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,209 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I grew up in DunLaoghaire, I guess I don’t need to go to Boston :D

I didn't grow up in Dun Laoghaire, but I came of age in Dun Laoghaire. A rockin place back at the start of the 90s. The Pirates Den and the Purty Loft /Top Hat out the road. Cool pubs and rough pubs too. The DART to bring you yonder aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Nope. definitely eye worms that eat from the inside of your eye balls out.

Ah leg end, you have me in stitches. I had a headache the whole weekend so I was also quite sure I had a brain tumour. Glad I'm not the only catastrophiser!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,275 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I'm watching Real Housewives of Beverley Hills. 60k on a 4 year old's birthday party!
    It's pure guilty pleasure TV.

To thine own self be true

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I can be a mad escalation hypochondriac at times. Headache to dead in an hour, the pros and cons of having a weird imagination :pac:

• Advertisement

I can be a mad escalation hypochondriac at times. Headache to dead in an hour, the pros and cons of having a weird imagination :pac:

When I was a little kid, everytime I heard of a new disease I was sure I had it. When I was about 8, after a radio ad, I was convinced I had prostate cancer for a good week, until my mam set me straight on that one! :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,952 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I'm watching Real Housewives of Beverley Hills. 60k on a 4 year old's birthday party!
    It's pure guilty pleasure TV.

Was that Taylor that threw that party ?
    The housewives franchise is very addictive viewing !

Home , where else , even with the restrictions not much changes here .. except having the option to go somewhere :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I'm so plagued by migraine now that if I was (God forbid!) ever afflicted by a serious condition that had headache as a symptom I'd probably be like 'be grand, I'll just lie down for a bit' until I keel over. When I first started getting vestibular migraines though, I was convinced the game was up! I'm used to them now, though, but they truly are excruciating and really frightening til you know they're 'just' a different type of migraine headache.

When I was a little kid, everytime I heard of a new disease I was sure I had it. When I was about 8, after a radio ad, I was convinced I had prostate cancer for a good week, until my mam set me straight on that one! :D:D:D

That's like the story of the boy who forged a sick note for school, inspired by a note written for his sister. " Please excuse Johnny's absence from school yesterday. He was unable to attend due to severe menstrual cramps"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Bedside

Had a productive day today im glad to say :)

*leaves out portions of lasenga for my favorite boards people*

Sardonicat wrote: »
    That's like the story of the boy who forged a sick note for school, inspired by a note written for his sister. " Please excuse Johnny's absence from school yesterday. He was unable to attend due to severe menstrual cramps"

The very same! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I didn't grow up in Dun Laoghaire, but I came of age in Dun Laoghaire. A rockin place back at the start of the 90s. The Pirates Den and the Purty Loft /Top Hat out the road. Cool pubs and rough pubs too. The DART to bring you yonder aswell.

I was too young to go to the top hat back then, I remember it more as the fun factory (I think it was called), but I’ve heard of years about how good the gigs were. Also the sheer fact Metallica played there was always amazing to me. DL has changed so much over the years, apart from the seafront I wouldn’t be too pushed about it anymore, it’s lost something along the way.. and gained (if could call it that) others.

The school had never really seen my dad's writing so i wrote notes for myself to doss off many afternoons in secondary school :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,401 ✭✭✭thomil

No sick notes over here, just a coffee and a rapidly disappearing Belgian Chocolate Brownie. Gotta have my brain food when I'm blogging :D

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,275 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Was that Taylor that threw that party ?
    The housewives franchise is very addictive viewing !

Home , where else , even with the restrictions not much changes here .. except having the option to go somewhere :)

Yes, Taylor who looks like Julia Roberts imo :)

To thine own self be true

I've had too many yummy things, want to have more now because reasons and logic :o

• Advertisement

I've had too many yummy things, want to have more now because reasons and logic :o

That salted caramel chocolate pot sounded unreal. If your having more nice things share them around please! Quickly while theres no sign of Ted or Seph!

That salted caramel chocolate pot sounded unreal. If your having more nice things share them around please! Quickly while theres no sign of Ted or Seph!

I'm here

Oh i'll always share :) cookie dough ice cream?

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    I'm here

You're worse than the devil. You at least have to say his name three times before he appears!

Or is that beetlejuice I'm thinking of?!

There's candy, man, candy man candy man!

Oh i'll always share :) cookie dough ice cream?

Yes please!!!

There's candy, man, candy man candy man!

That's Sephs pet name

Your worse than the devil. You at least have to say his name three times before he appears!

Or is that beetlejuice I'm thinking of?!

***evil laughs ***

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,756 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Whats this about a salted caramel chocolate pot ;) ?

• Advertisement

Watching Hubie Halloween on Netflix with a Brandy and Tonic. It is cringe worthy funny.

You're worse than the devil. You at least have to say his name three times before he appears!

I thought that was Beetlejuice,Beetlejuice…….

I thought that was Beetlejuice,Beetlejuice…….

Yeah I copped that afterwards!

Does anyone remember the beetlejuice cartoon??

Does anyone remember the beetlejuice cartoon??

I certainly do. Always found it funnier and less creepy than the actual movie when I was a kid.

thomil wrote: »
    I certainly do. Always found it funnier and less creepy than the actual movie when I was a kid.

I had forgotten about it but I absolutely loved it!! Wonder is it on YouTube.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I’m in the mood to put on a horror film DVD from my collection but I know my OH will not be best pleased....so another evening watching A Touch Of Frost. Ho hum...

Whats this about a salted caramel chocolate pot ;) ?

Available in lidl whenever you feel like getting them :P

Just had a quick Google, and it appears to be on Dailymotion, though I'm not sure if it's the complete series.

thomil wrote: »
    Just had a quick Google, and it appears to be on Dailymotion, though I'm not sure if it's the complete series.

Oooh thanks! Hope it doesn't disappoint and ruin my memories.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,756 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Available in lidl whenever you feel like getting them :P

Fine so gremlin be like that! :-P

JupiterKid wrote: »
    I’m in the mood to put on a horror film DVD from my collection but I know my OH will not be best pleased....so another evening watching A Touch Of Frost. Ho hum...

I hate that. Grumpy loves it and I've recorded tonight's episode for him. I find it so boring and some of the acting is just shocking bad!

Fine so gremlin be like that! :-P

There's none left here, me sowwy :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Sardonicat wrote: »
    I hate that. Grumpy loves it and I've recorded tonight's episode for him. I find it so boring and some of the acting is just shocking bad!

I like A touch of frost :( David Jason is a class actor :)

I was too young to go to the top hat back then, I remember it more as the fun factory (I think it was called), but I’ve heard of years about how good the gigs were. Also the sheer fact Metallica played there was always amazing to me. DL has changed so much over the years, apart from the seafront I wouldn’t be too pushed about it anymore, it’s lost something along the way.. and gained (if could call it that) others.

I saw Europe, Metallica and Nirvana in the Top Hat. The Nirvana story is a funny one for another time. It was all over for me by late 1991. It did indeed become a fun factory that I brought my son to in the late 90s. Of course its an apartment block now.:o

I saw Europe, Metallica and Nirvana in the Top Hat. The Nirvana story is a funny one for another time. It was all over for me by late 1991. It did indeed become a fun factory that I brought my son to in the late 90s. Of course its an apartment block now.:o

Ooh i want to hear the Nirvana story some time when you have the energy to write it up

• Advertisement

Ooh i want to hear the Nirvana story some time when you have the energy to write it up

I'll chalk it down Grem and it involves more Dave than Kurt. Remind me.:D

Autosport wrote: »
    I like A touch of frost :( David Jason is a class actor :)

David Jason is brilliant. But some of the supporting cast, dear God! I've sat through them all several times before, so I'm allergic at this stage

I'll chalk it down Grem and it involves more Dave than Kurt. Remind me.:D

Even more intrigued, now!

Sardi, agreed, David Jason i adore but it could be some very bad episodes at times from what i remember

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,507 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

One of my cats has figured out if you meow enough the human gets up to see what you want and you can steal their pre-warmed seat.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement